We Want To Hear Your Ideas For A New Map In DCS!

3 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

Korea, with bits of Japan, China, then Vietnam with Cambodia and Laos on it. With old, new cities like Marianas map.

When ever possible I think they should do that. I am willing to pay more for a map for multiple eras. 

9 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

I wouldn't be half mad. Panama is a cool idea.

It was also the best map in the entire game. 😛

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Help Razbam maybe? They could use some map people right now to improve their product. Imagine, four people doing South Atlantic. 

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 6/13/2022 at 8:00 AM, Ravenus said:

My vote would be

Korea

Vietnam

Sinai Peninsula, including parts of the nile delta, Cairo and southern israel ( Six day war, war of attrition, Yom kippur...)

Korea and Vietnam are also my top choice but that whole region where the Six day war, war of attrition and Yom kippur took place have also been of interest.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 4:18 PM, 352nd_Hoss said:

Korea, with bits of Japan, China, then Vietnam with Cambodia and Laos on it. With old, new cities like Marianas map.

Hoss has nailed it with these areas and here are the reasons I believe that they would be the right choices. First off, lets say that he is talking about just two maps; Korea with bits of China to the north and Japan to the south on it and Vietnam with Laos and Cambodia on it - although I would have added Thailand to that request. In any event, these two maps would be the best choices because they would provide the ability for a mission builder to construct missions that took place in WWII, the Korean War, the Indochina War, the Vietnam War and most importantly, a future conflict that could possibly (probably) occur in the not too distant future thereby accommodating nearly all of the modules available in DCS today and in the near future. There are plenty of scenarios that would involve carrier as well as land based warfare. It is an area that has been too long englected by the DCS family and there is no doubt whatsoever that it would be a huge cash cow!! 👍  C'mom Dan, you KNOW you want to do this!! 😝

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gee, thanks Razor... sniffff.. snort.... .. I totally forgot Thailand, but we would need some F-105's to flesh that out proper, and I don't see those coming anytime soon. But the possibilities are endless, maybe even a hint of China around North Vietnam too... There is some animosity there now I think....

Sempre Fortis

17 hours ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Hoss has nailed it with these areas and here are the reasons I believe that they would be the right choices. First off, lets say that he is talking about just two maps; Korea with bits of China to the north and Japan to the south on it and Vietnam with Laos and Cambodia on it - although I would have added Thailand to that request. In any event, these two maps would be the best choices because they would provide the ability for a mission builder to construct missions that took place in WWII, the Korean War, the Indochina War, the Vietnam War and most importantly, a future conflict that could possibly (probably) occur in the not too distant future thereby accommodating nearly all of the modules available in DCS today and in the near future. There are plenty of scenarios that would involve carrier as well as land based warfare. It is an area that has been too long englected by the DCS family and there is no doubt whatsoever that it would be a huge cash cow!! 👍  C'mom Dan, you KNOW you want to do this!! 😝

I just learned about this incredible account that took place in Korea and went into China. Its a good example of how some of the bordering territories where involved.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Since Vee Et Nahm is being made...

How about Europe, the whole thing. I know, I know...to big, to this, to that blah blah blah...

This is my wish. Why you ask? A potential war in Europe is what I trained for in the 80's. We used to write messages on munitions in grease pencil, things like...well...I can't think of a single thing we wrote that would be appropriate to repeat here...

SEAD missions in F-4G Wild Weasels so the A-10A's can wreak havoc on Soviet armor in the Fulda Gap, close air support missions in A-7's, F-4's, F-16s etc, etc... The F-15 proving it's worth in aerial combat vs it's nemesis ( I use that term in the loosest possible way), the Soviet Air Force.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Elf1606688794 said:

Since Vee Et Nahm is being made...

Hm? *Sirrah looks around*

Did I miss something? 

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

8 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Did I miss something? 

Look in the wishlist thread about the Vietnam map. Someone (ED didn't say who) has taken on Vietnam as their first map project.

I just found out I misinterpreted what was said. If I got your hopes up and now they've been crushed under ED's heel, I apologize.

Edited by Elf1606688794
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Did I miss something? 

Depends on what you're read or not. 😉

25 minutes ago, Elf1606688794 said:

I just found out I misinterpreted what was said. If I got your hopes up and now they've been crushed under ED's heel, I apologize.

Why do you say that? They have pretty much acknowledged it's in the works, and they are doing Korea and Nam themselves. 😊
Some years away I guess. But it's coming for sure.

3 hours ago, Elf1606688794 said:

no hard feelings mate 😂

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Why do you say that? They have pretty much acknowledged it's in the works, and they are doing Korea and Nam themselves. 😊
Some years away I guess. But it's coming for sure.

Are you referring to that tweet?

Although I hope you're right, I can't read "ED is working on Korea and Nam" in it. Or am I again missing something? Something which tends to happen to me a lot 😅

(I'm that guy that has never visited Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other stuff I don't even know exists)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

12 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Although I hope you're right, I can't read "ED is working on Korea and Nam" in it. Or am I again missing something? Something which tends to happen to me a lot 😅

(I'm that guy that has never visited Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other stuff I don't even know exists)

I think they implied that Korea has been planned as map by ED or a 3rd party and that they will do Vietnam at some point in the future.

• Thanks 1

Aegean theater to include Greece and big part of Turkey. Just a crazy idea to release some tools so the communicty can create own maps - too crazy an idea?

Edited by Antonisrho

My System:

MB: MSI Z790-P, CPU: i7-13700K @ 5.4 GHz,  RAM: Corsair DDR5 64GB 6400MHz, SSD: NVMe Crucial P3 Plus 4TB, Nvidia 3080, Oculus Quest 2

17 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Nope! That Tweet was clear as day, BN referred to that new 3rd party chose Australia as their first map.
Other hints were given elsewhere. Don't know why they did it. But might be all the complaining and negativity.
Everyone new deep down that Korea and Nam would come. And that ED, probably, would keep it in house. 😉

Vietnam circa 1966-1972 would be my absolute #1 choice, hands-down, over any other map, and any other aircraft module. I'll happily pay extra for Cold War and modern versions of the same map, with different era-appropriate assets, but if we can only get one, please for the love of God, make it the 1960's version.

I'm ashamed to admit what I'd be willing to pay for such a map. It's a lot. 

Indochina Map

After Vietnam, in no particular order:

• Iran-Iraq border, basically from the Euphrates river valley to the southern Caspian Sea: the second biggest air war after Vietnam and lots of GWOT potential
  • Adriatic Sea, with the Balkans and Italy: classic Cold War battleground
  • The Caribbean, with Cuba and southern Florida: what-if Cuban Missile Crisis scenarios
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

We still don't have a map of any part of the African continent; it could be north, libya, center, ex-zaire and south for south africa-angola war; for example. Unfortunately many conflicts in all of them at different times.

• Like 1

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

Yes, I forgot the recently announced Sinai map; but I was also thinking of other geographical regions, for example:

landscape.jpglandscape1.jpg

africa-geographical.jpg

Edited by SkorpioN1606689188

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

As a unique part of the planet, Africa is a great choice... that said, I'm at a loss to come up with significant air campaign that occurred there, other than say Brits Vs Germany 1940's campaign...

I mean, the ones that come to mind for me...

Angola vs South Africa,

Libya vs Chad -  this having potential for dual purposes for WW2 North Africa campaign... if includes enough other northern nations for our community to be satisfied... maybe if eventual additional maps are created. But the downside is... yet another "desert map", which may not be super popular compared to those we already have, and the two in development , Sinai, Afghanistan/Bagrahm though I'm not sure if started, it has been seemingly hinted as happening from the last big "end of year" ED video.

Ethiopia vs Somalia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogaden_War

Eritrean–Ethiopian War  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eritrean–Ethiopian_War

... but be our guest and share more of your vision for an Africa map! Maybe future hypothetical conflicts?