Custom CMDS Lua now breaking IC?

Moonshine
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

Here is a list of the mods in use by myself and members of my group that have been rendered ineffective.

Before anyone dismisses the mods that modify autostart scripts as a mere convenience item, please consider this. My group is exclusively multiplayer only, flies multiple aircraft through several generations and is, for the majority, real world aviators with no desire to flip switches. The autostart script modifications that I do include extensive post start items, alleviating the need for the tedium of post start switch flipping as well as speeding up the existing start macro. It also eliminates the errors associated with switch configuration when trying to operate many different aircraft regularly. As such, they are a boon to both experienced guys and new members trying to learn new aircraft in a demanding environment.

If the autostart scripts will be excluded from modification, it will greatly reduce the number of future modules purchased.

Not out of anger or frustration.

It is a practical matter.

You will see from the list below that we operate a large number of aircraft. Many times we operate 3 or 4 different types in a 2 hour play session.

The autostart script modifications greatly increase the quality of life for our group as well as enable us to justify purchasing future modules.

Prior to this IC change I had already expressed my opinion with regards to restricting my purchase of any module that denies access to the autostart macro.

At the moment, for multiplayer, this is EVERY module.

The following are modified autostart macros I currently use as do other members of my group. 

\Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

\Mods\aircraft\F-86\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

\Mods\aircraft\Mig-15bis\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

\Mods\aircraft\UH-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

\Mods\aircraft\P-47D-30\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

\Mods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Cockpit\Scripts\Macro_sequencies.lua

The above macro modifications cannot be construed as enabling some sort of unfair advantage as they only modify the items in the autostart sequence and are exclusively items that can be physically selected by the player. All macro_sequencies.lua files should be capable of modification by users, excluded from IC and stored in Saved Games path.

The following are modifications to clickabledata.lua files that fix existing bugs. Many other people access the clickabledata. lua file for many modules in order to correct errors or improve functionality. This file does not affect anything relevant to alteration of sensor data. It only adjusts what is clickable by the player. All clickabledata.lua files should be capable of modification by users, excluded from IC and stored in Saved Games path.

P-51 Ram and Carb Air Lever Animation Fix

\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua

Bf-109K Fuel Boost Pump Lever Fix

\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua

The following  mod that corrects an existing bug or modeling error in use by myself and my group. it does affect files that can be modified in order to cheat. As such, they should be protected. However, the issue it addresses needs to be a priority fix, especially since the fix has been discovered and documented. Other modules also utilize similar mods but this is sensor information that could be modified for cheating. It should be IC protected but there should be a process for users to improve functionality in line with real world capability that does not open the possibility of cheating and that process needs to be timely. In other words, there needs to be a method for user mods that correct bugs to be incorporated in the game with minimal delay

F-5E RWR fix

\Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR87\AN_ALR87_definitions.lua

\Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR87\AN_ALR87_MAIN_page.lua

Thanks in advance.

Edited by =475FG= Dawger
  • Like 6

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Moonshine:

doing it manually too normally. but as mentioned initially, all non standard values within the lua will break IC as soon as you get into the cockpit on a MP server

literally just did it. ANY change breaks IC. unless you are using default values anyways, might wanna check the contents of your file. also make sure you test it on a MP server that has IC enabled

That is weird because I remember testing the changes. 

I will have a look when I get back to the computer. 

1 hour ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

If the autostart scripts will be excluded from modification, it will greatly reduce the number of future modules purchased.

Not only that it could already have an impact on pure player numbers because many are frustrated.

Yesterday I wanted to shoot a few rounds that had but then done for the time being.

My wish list for 2022 to ED please do not bring out new modules in this year.

Quality of live is the keyword.

Edited by Hobel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Hobel said:

Not only that it could already have an impact on pure player numbers because many are frustrated.

Yesterday I wanted to shoot a few rounds that had but then done for the time being.

My wish list for 2022 to ED please do not bring out new modules in this year.

Quality of live is the keyword.

I feel your pain. There is a Cold War event today featuring the Hornet. I am now very ambivalent about attending because the Hornet stock autostart is tedious as is starting manually as is all of the post start button mashing required for either. I have a very nice script that automates the whole process that I now cannot use.

If I could get a refund for tedious, button intensive modules, I certainly would.

Edited by =475FG= Dawger
  • Thanks 3

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• ED Team
17 hours ago, JCofDI said:

Adding a vouch for DiCE to edit countermeasure programs, the F-5 RWR Fix, Vaicom Pro for adding a more natural control option for radio interactions, Helios for view export customization, and the Mirage 2000 serval lua file to edit the RWR display as suggested by the developers. 

Hopefully some avenues to enable these in some fashion are opened up soon. 

Most of this shouldn't even need mods, it should have been implemented in core game years ago. Not only wasn't it done, by attempts by the community to fix the broken game are being blocked. Way to go.

• Like 7

• ED Team

We have listened and passed on a lot of feedback since the patch.  Please keep this thread now for reporting mods that have not already been mentioned so we can highlight them to the team. 

thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Custom Kneeboard Positions by editing lua files and custom Controls indicator positioning, due to DCS spanning multiple monitors and the kneeboard and Controls indicator being rendered useless / not visible.

Mods\aircraft\AIRCRAFTNAME\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua

It shouldn't be too hard to give us numerical input fields for size and position someplace or drag and lock them around on screen. (kneeboard still has crapped up default position each launch and on my setup can't be reached).

ALSO, +1 for helios and vaicom support.

Many people here have inested years, time and thousands of $ into building simpits for something they love, Just, ... no

• Like 9

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, feipan said:

Custom liveries for the F-16 in the main game folder breaks IC. Custom liveries for all other modules in the main game folder pass.

You should use the saved games livery folder for liveries, its the best option. 

thanks

• Like 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

again keep the thread for reporting mods that have not already been added, 

we are well aware of the communities feelings on this issue. 

thanks

• Like 1

English KA-50 HUD/SHKVAL mod is now broken.

Fixes a long-standing bug with the KA-50 HUD/SHKVAL and converts Russian HUD characters/language into english equivalents since for some reason this isn't done when avionics language is set to English for the KA-50.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/607269/

Affects:

mods/aircraft/ka-50/cockpit/scripts/materials.lua
mods/aircraft/ka-50/cockpit/scripts/fonts.lua
mods/aircraft/ka-50/cockpit/scripts/ekran/device/ekran_localizer.lua
mods/aircraft/ka-50/cockpit/scripts/hud/hud_nav_common_page.lua
mods/aircraft/ka-50/cockpit/scripts/hud/hud_weapon_common_page.lua
mods/aircraft/ka-50/cockpit/scripts/hud/hud_shkval_page.lua
mods/aircraft/ka-50/cockpit/scripts/shkval/shkval_page.lua
mods/aircraft/ka-50/cockpit/scripts/pui_800/pui_800_page.lua

• Like 3

Gronak's ABRIS mod for the rotorheads server is now broken.

This mod allows the rotorheads livemap to be pulled into the ABRIS (since datacartridge functionality still doesn't exist).

https://github.com/gronank/RotorheadToABRIS/releases/tag/0.3.1

Affects:

mods/aircraft/ka-50/cockpit/scripts/devices_specs/abris.lua

Edited by Hextopia

The A-10 RWR Expansion mod is now broken.

This mod adds unique RWR sounds for all threats based on how Falcon BMS models the AN/ALR-69.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/92508-dcs-world-a10-c-rwr-audio-expansion/

Affects:

Mods\Aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\device\ALR69_param.lua

Mods\Aircraft\A-10C_2\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\device\ALR69_param.lua

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

You should use the saved games livery folder for liveries, its the best option. 

thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong.  But if you are making a skin you need to have the skin files in the specific mods/coremods/bazar/whatever folder in order for the model viewer to recognize it.  So as things are right now, you would have to add the skin to that proper folder every time you work on it, then remove it when you are done so that you don't break IC.  Not a massive deal per-say but tedious to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recoil's IFFCC AAS mod is now broken.

This mod is a quality of life fix that adds commonly seen aircraft to the air to air gunsight, and removes friendly aircraft as enabled by default, a huge timesaver when starting up the A-10.

https://throughtheinferno.com/mod/recoils-iffcc-aas-combat/

Affects:

Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\IFFCC\IFFFCC_param.lua

Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Cockpit\Scripts\IFFCC\IFFFCC_param.lua

• Like 1

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, Alesia_Aisela said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.  But if you are making a skin you need to have the skin files in the specific mods/coremods/bazar/whatever folder in order for the model viewer to recognize it.  So as things are right now, you would have to add the skin to that proper folder every time you work on it, then remove it when you are done so that you don't break IC.  Not a massive deal per-say but tedious to be sure.

Hi, 

incorrect, the whole reason we setup the ability to use the saved games liveries folder was so users did not have to mess with the core game files for liveries. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NineLine said:

I have told the team if the believe its right we need to explain why and with evidence. I am still waiting. 

I will talk to Wags about this in the morning and see if this can be a feature request for the Viper, seems to make sense. Thanks

That may have been a typo, but I want to confirm you meant a feature request for VR and not Viper, since the issue is the full-screen NVG effect in VR, not specific to the viper.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

incorrect, the whole reason we setup the ability to use the saved games liveries folder was so users did not have to mess with the core game files for liveries. 

thanks

After asking some people who know more then me, you are indeed correct so I take that back.  It just involves editing the config file for the model viewer which wasn't immediately obvious to me (and I did try to find a way at the time.)  I was looking in the actual program for a "look here" button of sorts.

• Like 1

Been using a custom "CMDS_ALE47.lua" for F16 countermeasures since release, given the absence of a reasonable way of setting this in game provided by ED. Now I can't join servers due to having made legitimate value changes to this file and the IC check.

Also bug hunting and submitting detailed bug reports used to be a lot easier when files weren't encrypted.

Perhaps a rethink of anti-cheat approach? As mentioned by others before it feels like this will result in IC being disabled.

• Like 5

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

I have problem with my custom counter measure program. I have changed the LUA file, which i did over a year ago. I have been running it with Ovgme. But since last update it wont pass the IC.

Replacing the file wont work.

Replacing the text inside the file wont work either!

Help plz!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

IC changes were made to prevent known cheats and exploits being used.  Not that your changes are an exploit.
You will need to wait for ED to make adjustments to this or switch to the stable version in the meantime 

See the thread below. 

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 1