Got it, thanks. Just my luck to join during those 15 minutes twice. LOL.

RH small.jpg GW vet small.jpg 

"There is no problem that can't be solved with the proper application of the correct amount of explosives." Every Demo NCO.

Ryzen 7-5700X, RTX 3060Ti, 64GB RAM, 2TB M.2 SSD, Asus 5G/WIFI 6 router, Pico 4 wired to router (CAT 8/USB C).

• 4 weeks later...

unable to use commands in the Discord, will not let me report my issue;bot telling me I do not have permissions to do that, I follow the FAQ and .linkme doesnt work for me. will not let me type in the chat and roll channels. 

profile is 71st_Mastiff.

I don't think I'm banned. but I suspect a profile issue.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 5:17 AM, 71st_Mastiff said:

unable to use commands in the Discord, will not let me report my issue;bot telling me I do not have permissions to do that, I follow the FAQ and .linkme doesnt work for me. will not let me type in the chat and roll channels. 

profile is 71st_Mastiff.

I don't think I'm banned. but I suspect a profile issue.

Go to roles and hit the mig-21 emoji to get cold war access.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are we all getting shot down by our own SA-8? I barely left the field. I went about 5min out and then came back and flew over, then beep, beep, beep from the RWR and I am dead. I was in a blue Octogon. Didn't you say spawn camping airfields was not allowed? Because it is happeneing right now with a Mirage F1CE.....................

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing a lot of ECW in the Huey and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Find a sector without too much air traffic and I can take out all frontline units in a single sortie. I haven't figured out how the water hexes work, though. Are there frontline units in those or just ship-based infrastructure units? Can I land SOF troops on a boat to take it out?

Also, is the kill radius for standard troops 4 km or 3 km? The faq says 4 km, but I've heard people say it's only 3 km. The faq also says a squad will kill up to 8 units, but in my experience it's 4. Tested and it's definitely 4 km.

Is there a patreon or something? Happy to contribute to keep this awesome battle going!

Edited by UncleStains

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 8:05 PM, BlitzPuppet said:

I hate discord, so I don't follow on it.

Hopped on today during the Caucasus map and saw that the Hind can no longer equip ATGMs.  I assume this is only for the Caucasus map and they get enabled again on Syria?

Yes, we were experimenting with a no PGM version of Caucuses.

Next time we are on Caucuses PGMs will be back.

• 4 weeks later...

Splash script makes the game worse.

S8kom and even s5ko heat frag destroy vulcans, m60 and leopard 1 via splash damage without direct hit.

It looks bad it's too easy it removes the need to improve and it also leaves the feeling of getting undeserved scores when the script gives you free damage like this

How does hydra m151 perform with the script?

Edited by Sobakopes

• 1 month later...

Hello

I am long-time Cold war server lover.  Is there any chance to get the bomber intercept missions back at some point? I mostly fly Mig-21 and it was so great to finally fly it at the altitudes an attack profile it was mainly designed for. Eventually, when RASBAM releases the EE Lightning I might even fly some Blue and again this aircraft only really makes sense in the high altitude intercept missions.

High-altitude bomber intercept missions were such an important component of Cold War military strategy and I would like to see it represented again in the server. 

Thank you for all the work you put in to the server, it's THE place to be for DCS in my opinion. 

• Like 4

On 10/13/2023 at 5:51 AM, LupinYonder said:

Hello

I am long-time Cold war server lover.  Is there any chance to get the bomber intercept missions back at some point? I mostly fly Mig-21 and it was so great to finally fly it at the altitudes an attack profile it was mainly designed for. Eventually, when RASBAM releases the EE Lightning I might even fly some Blue and again this aircraft only really makes sense in the high altitude intercept missions.

High-altitude bomber intercept missions were such an important component of Cold War military strategy and I would like to see it represented again in the server. 

Thank you for all the work you put in to the server, it's THE place to be for DCS in my opinion. 

They are coming back in the next patch. We are going to be making them based on player credits to call in. So they will be more dynamic and not based on a clock

• Like 3

Is the plan to stay on SRS for voice chat or to move to the ingame VOIP?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Max Thunder said:

@Enigma89 Did you already thought about the F4E and a potential integration into the server? F4 vs Mig21 should be a good historical scenario. 

I think it should be a main stay of the blue side. I dont think it is advanced enough to be a 'rare' appearance only bird since it was replaced by the F-14 and a GEN 3 fighter.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but help out a new player that doesn't use discord that much.  I have checked the FAQ and can't find the password to join either Red of Blue coalition.  Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong or where I'm supposed to see how to join the server?

46 minutes ago, Rosie said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but help out a new player that doesn't use discord that much.  I have checked the FAQ and can't find the password to join either Red of Blue coalition.  Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong or where I'm supposed to see how to join the server?

There is no password for the server. 

Edited by Cab

On 11/10/2023 at 3:05 PM, blueskunk said:

hi.

can anyone explain if gci has been disabled? not seeing red contacts on the f10 map anymore and also noone anymore in the gci slot.

cheers.

Hey mate.

No, we haven't disabled GCI, but in 2.9 something happened to the Fog of War, making the GCI display only show up randomly and then disappear. One could say that for now, there's no use in doing GCI.

• Thanks 1

Hello Enigma, 

Quick question.  Is the terrible improved (but bugged) spotting dot enabled or disabled server side?

I sincerely hope that it can be disabled server side to ensure a level playing field on the Enigma Cold War server.

I have turned the improved (but bugged) spotting dot off, as has now been enabled by the latest patch, under the gameplay settings. 

For many of us the new improved (but bugged) spotting dot is very bad as we get large black squares displayed which stand out for miles and completely ruins immersion, especially in VR. 

Thanks for your consideration.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

19 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Hello Enigma, 

Quick question.  Is the terrible improved (but bugged) spotting dot enabled or disabled server side?

I sincerely hope that it can be disabled server side to ensure a level playing field on the Enigma Cold War server.

I have turned the improved (but bugged) spotting dot off, as has now been enabled by the latest patch, under the gameplay settings. 

For many of us the new improved (but bugged) spotting dot is very bad as we get large black squares displayed which stand out for miles and completely ruins immersion, especially in VR. 

Thanks for your consideration.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Via PM Enigma has replied as follows: "This is handled by the player side not server side."

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png