Potential Fitter tease :)

WinterH

Replying here to avoid discussion in SilverDragon's news/unofficial roadmap thread...2dmnbwh9zy881.png

16 minutes ago, greco.bernardi said:

Looks more a A7 vought corsair II or a F8 crusader for me.

Shape of the wings, position of pylons, location and number of wing fences, roundness of the fuselage, what seems like small intakes for systems further back the fuselage, what seems like a round main nose intake with a spike like nosecone etc all point to Su-17/22. Which was also kinda what seemed like under the tarp in previous new year tease image too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I'm so down for a Fitter. Such a beautiful Soviet bomb truck.

• Like 7

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

To be fair, a Fitter would... well... fit for Syria, Iraq, Iran, think at some point Egypt used them too but those were older variants I believe. Also, in Soviet service, they were the staple of Afghanistan campaign, which is rumored to be a teased map in latest ED vid :).

• Like 4

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

1 hour ago, Ironhand said:

To my eye it looks like a F8 Crusader.

Wheels in the wing not the fuselage, waste high wing roots not shoulder high,  nose cone in the centre of the intake not above it, 2 more wing pylons than an F8 (??). Couldnt say its an SU22 but I would say its not an F8. 

SVKSniper was pretty well on with his wonderful looking SU17 M4.  I hope this dosent derail that. 

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

56 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

It'd be nice to see them team up.

I'll take any Su-17/Su-22 I can get though!

Its the only thing that would stop me hankering after a full fidelity SU25

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

2 hours ago, Ironhand said:

To my eye it looks like a F8 Crusader.

Mid-wing, not high-wing, can't be an F-8. Wings are also neutral, F-8's wings are anhedral. And, landing gear retracted into and were attached to fuselage as mounting the struts on the wings of the F-8 was a non-starter owing to its variable-incidence wing.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

9 hours ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

Mid-wing, not high-wing, can't be an F-8...

I see it as a high wing but hadn't noticed the landing gear. So my error.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

To be fair - I spent a lot of time triple checking... I didn't want to risk being disappointed. There are a lot of differences though - starting with, well, everything (for the most part). 

6 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

Its the only thing that would stop me hankering after a full fidelity SU25

I could see that. I think the Su-17/22 has about 75% of the payload, and an ability to make multiple passes on a target. It also might have a similar or greater variety of guided weapons (depending on the variant we get). So, it is a better fit than the Mig-27... even if it is more of a supersonic flash past kind of design that has some elements which are similar to the Mig-27. It'd definitely be nice to have all three someday 😄

3 hours ago, Ercoupe said:

You really need to go back to aircraft identification class. 

He made an honest mistake, yo. No need to dogpile.

Though, I'd go to said class, as well. Sounds skate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Sorry, I'm an old guy and forgot that I have to remember the "you offended me and hurt my feelings" generation. It was a joke. 

Dunno, soundin' an awful lot like you're giving it your damnedest to bridge that gap!

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm an old guy and forgot that I have to remember the "you offended me and hurt my feelings" generation. It was a joke. 

Voice tone doesn't come across in text.... so people can't tell what is or isn't a joke. Also, since you raised young people trying to be non-offesnive, what happened to 'young people don't have any manners?' or is it only people in their nineties who still value politeness and respect? Young people can't win.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Ercoupe said:

You really need to go back to aircraft identification class. 

They won’t let me take it again. I’ve failed too many times. 🙂

• Like 3

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 1/3/2022 at 3:54 PM, Avimimus said:

Well, so long as you aren't operating a weapon or heavy weapons right? No harm no foul?

Honestly, that's just a matter of making sure no one you like is ever down range. 👍

• 6 months later...