Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

Am 8.11.2023 um 03:53 schrieb scommander2:

Question: Will HB implement RF-4E in the future? Or, we wish to have it?  Thanks.

An RF-4E and C would be a dream.
In Germany the RF-4E was usead as Fighter Bomber in the secondary role

• Like 1

6 минут назад, VDV сказал:

Uhh thats bad... i was hoping it will be with basket like F-18C, since F-4 is also NAVY aircraft. I hate USAF AAR because its way more difficult ...

but on the contrary, it’s easier for me to refuel the Air Force

4 минуты назад, VDV сказал:

yes in DCS, i mean IRL its the oposite

BTW is this the NAVY version on Phantom? And if its not, will we get the NAVY version too? To operate from carriers?

the developers didn’t say a word about the version for the fleet

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lime_Acid said:

Where?? When??

Multiple times since (and including in) the announcement of F-4E?

But that'll be some years down the line.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

54 minutes ago, VDV said:

Uhh thats bad... i was hoping it will be with basket like F-18C, since F-4 is also NAVY aircraft. I hate USAF AAR because its way more difficult ...

The Israeli probe modification has been confirmed as coming at some point along with other external customization features to represent other countries.  Whether it will be functional or not is up to ED redesigning the way refueling works since each aircraft can only have one type of refueling.  This is why there are two different versions of the KC-135 in game instead of one.

38 minutes ago, Lime_Acid said:

Where?? When??

That would be in the very first announcment and the FAQ.

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

1 hour ago, Lime_Acid said:

Where?? When??

Q: Will there be a Navy F-4?
A: Yes! Our Phantom journey only begins with the -E. However, owing to the complexity of the work and investment of time and effort, it will not be included in the DCS: F-4E product. We’re instead choosing to focus on providing the most content rich F-4E we possibly can, and then set our sights on further telling the legendary story of the F-4.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 3

Granted, FAQ doesn't literally say naval version (whichever gets chosen) is going to be a separate product, but that's most plausible scenario.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

10 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Granted, FAQ doesn't literally say naval version (whichever gets chosen) is going to be a separate product, but that's most plausible scenario.

Heatblur staff said that multiple times since announcement of the module as far as I can recall.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

1 hour ago, Art-J said:

It does though...  "Will there be a Navy F-4?" - "Yes...it will not be included in the DCS: F-4E product."

If it's not included with the F-4E due to "the complexity of the work and investment of time and effort", the only way they can possibly release it is as a separate product.

• Like 2

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

1 hour ago, Art-J said:

FAQ doesn't literally say naval version

Q: Will there be a Navy F-4?
A: Yes! 

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

10 hours ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

…but, will there be a Naval F-4? 🙃

I heard from a reliable source on the internet, and this will hit you right in the gut, that HB are making a navel F-4. 
😜

• Like 3

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

On 1/14/2024 at 2:30 AM, Bozon said:

I heard from a reliable source on the internet, and this will hit you right in the gut, that HB are making a navel F-4. 
😜

Navel F-4 in only one livery, navel orange out of Valencia Navel Station. 😆

• Like 1