Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

Keep 

2 minutes ago, Grimleo said:

Note the asbestos looking panels in the cockpit picture. HB is building us a death trap.

F-4E Cockpit asbestos.jpg

Better keep the oxygen-mask attached then.......

• Like 5

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

The glare shields are fiberglass.  They delaminate like that due to the sun exposure, and physical abuse they get.  The Heatblur F-4E cockpit looks very much like what I remember from my time working on them in the 70's and 80's.

• Like 9

Hardware: MSI MPG Z790 EDGE WiFi MB, i9-13900K @ 4.3GHz, 64GB DDR5, NVidia RTX 4090 24GB DDR6X, 2TB M.2 970 EVO Plus, 1TB SSD 850 EVO, Windows 11 Pro, HP Reverb G2, Tobii Head Tracker, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM F/A-18C Grip, TM Viper TQS Mission Pack, CH Pro Pedals.

Modules: A-10A, A-10C, F/A-18C, P-51D-50, Fw 190 A-8, Fw 190 D-9, Bf 109 K-4, Spitfire IX, Mosquito FB VI, AJS-37 Viggen, M-2000C, F-86F, F-15C, F-15E, F-5E, F-14A/B, L-39C, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, MiG-29, SU-27, SU-33, AV-8B, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H, SA342, A-4E-C, NTTR, PG, CA, Normandy, Channel, Syria, Marianas, South Atlantic, WWII Assets Pack

5 hours ago, TeamMaximus said:

The glare shields are fiberglass.  They delaminate like that due to the sun exposure, and physical abuse they get.  The Heatblur F-4E cockpit looks very much like what I remember from my time working on them in the 70's and 80's.

Here is the glare shield on my F-4C panel that I am restoring at this time. You can plainly see the fiberglass as the surface gets worn as you have said.

f4 glare 1.jpg

f4 glare 2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Of course, it's not that breathing fiberglass is any better than breathing asbestos. It doesn't shed fibers that readily, but protective gear is still a good idea for doing DIY stuff with it, and being around exposed fiberglass in general. So yeah, an oxygen mask sounds like a good idea regardless. 🙂

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 2

Wow Der Phantomingen!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

For those who haven't seen, Heatblur updated their Facebook cover photo.  A sign of something to happen within the next week perhaps...?

HB Cover.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

And we've got an image of the new Shrike model!  Cobra also confirmed that the AIM-7E already has a new model completed as well.

New Shrike.png

• Like 8

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

The key hasn't been released yet. it is only pre order. Their key is only good on standalone. They have an FAQ page on the Heatblur website that says Steam version is only going to be available on Steam, however it can be converted to standalone.

I stand corrected. I just received the email with the key.

My key is below this statement:

"Please note that any product key for the DCS: F-4 Phantom module will only be redeemable at the time of Early Access launch.
Customers will be notified by email when activation is ready."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1