Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Heatblur Simulation:

GIBs assemble! Enjoy a few candid shots of the WSO's cockpit. There's nothing as fun as the rear, cozy cockpit of the F-4, with basically.. no forward visibility. Thanks McDonnell. Flying with a friend in VR? Beware of the vomit comet.
The rear seat of the F-4 contains all of the controls and displays associated with the mighty APQ-120 radar. The WSO is also responsible for operating the Pave Spike TGP, as well as just being a general help and useful set of eyes for the pilot. You can of course fly the F-4 from the rear seat too; and WSOs would often fly the aircraft, and even assist rolling onto e.g. a bandit during a dogfight.  
Multicrew synchronization in our new next generation framework has been a key design goal of the last few years, and we're working hard to ensure all systems, instruments and the radar are well synchronized between both crew members in multiplayer.
Just like the pilots' cockpit, we've tried to push as much detail in sculpting and texturing as our time and budget allows, and we hope you'll enjoy experiencing the F-4 from the back.

ZrtCcMM.jpg

WrnMwFB.jpg

6D0XoFl.jpg

zOY643L.jpg

8727cYD.jpg

GFRhHPL.jpg

Sw1EZ5Z.jpg

If I didn’t know better I’d swear yall stole these photos from a DieselThunder video. Bloody great work chaps!

• Like 1

Based on the WIP screenshots, I believe we might experience the love for the Phantom on Valentine's day. My opinion,  of course.
No way. There will be at least a two week period for Steam users to pre-order. It'll be March.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Based on the WIP screenshots, I believe we might experience the love for the Phantom on Valentine's day. My opinion,  of course.

It's never releasing before the t-shirt. Never.

• Like 1

From the GIB pictures, it's basically just a big-ass, gas-guzzling, faster, F-5E (or F) with a proportional ordnance increase, AIM-7s, and a radar that has a few more modes and longer range...I hope a longer range.  🥱

🏃‍♂️....GET OUTTA MY WAY!!  I want it!!  😆 

(Now don't take me seriously and rant about all its features that I neglected to point out. 😄)

It'll be out April Fool's Day.  But since that's just a joke, sometime later in April.  ...and of course, that's just my GUESS.

But seriously... I see a lot of instruments in back like we see in the F-5E.  But that's the way it was.  She's from that same era. 

Don't worry!  I mean, I'm not even going to fly her.  I'm just going to sit in that back seat, in VR, on the ramp with the canopies open and just grin and know that it is COOL! 🤓  And sit back and take a nap in the sunny breeze, laced with JP-4 fumes. 😆  Relax, people...it won't be long now.   (...where's my F4U? 😄  I think I can hear the Blacksheep Squadron theme song!)

• Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 3:55 AM, Andrew8604 said:

From the GIB pictures, it's basically just a big-ass, gas-guzzling, faster, F-5E (or F) with a proportional ordnance increase, AIM-7s, and a radar that has a few more modes and longer range...I hope a longer range.  

Aint nuthin wrong wit that !!!

• Like 2

Saw this a few days ago, a lot of info about the Phantom module from Heatblur, just occurred some of you might want to watch it, yes it's the Kiowa Warrior in the thumbnail  but trust me there's a lot of Phantom content.

Apparently the Phantom module was 5 times more complex/difficult to do compared to the F-14 module... !!!! (wat teh ?!!)... I wonder if it's because there was less computers to assist the crews?? Dunno.

Oh,  and the Kiowa  is now in testing with ED's external test team, if that interests you, check  out  this other thread below and discuss it there (link in the spoilers), not in this thread which is Phabulously Phantom Phreindly!! (And this thread is about Heatblur's  product, not flingwings)

Spoiler

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rick50 said:

I wonder if it's because there was less computers to assist the crews?? Dunno.

The Phantom module was used to completely revamp Heatblurs codebase including Jester 2.0 and the new RWR system, not to mention that every single component has been meticulously detailed with degradation, wear, and failure with the new component system.  The F-14 has no where near that level of component modelling and while they will be backporting things like Jester 2.0, the grease pencil, and the RWR(at least for the Early A with the Strobe RWR that needs the sounds), adding the component system would probably require them to redo the entire F-14 as it goes so far as to model that some lightbulbs might burn out faster or might randomly be dimmer than others.  Hydraulic pistons might stick in places, targeting pod motors can be worn out seperately on the x and y axes, etc.  No other module has ever done this. 

Also don't forget that the F-4E is even more analogue than the F-14.  Take the radar especially.  Imagine how hard it will be to "interpret the smudges" and lock onto the target instead of the ground.  It's that much harder to code because they have to include the ground clutter a lot more and animate that onto the scope realistically.

• Like 4

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

1 hour ago, Rick50 said:

Apparently the Phantom module was 5 times more complex/difficult to do compared to the F-14 module... !!!! (wat teh ?!!)... I wonder if it's because there was less computers to assist the crews?? Dunno.

80% of the complexity was modeling the pilot’s “Olds” style mustache and its response to G effects. The F-14 pilot is clean shaven - that’s easy.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JG11Preusse said:

18 more days and winter 2024 ends 🙂 ......   

Hals- und Beinbruch

Andi

.. ahem... meteorological winter ended yesterday... :ermm:

Edited by Captain Orso
  • Like 4

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

2 hours ago, JG11Preusse said:

They said Winter 23/24  ...... 20.03 is the last winter day calender wise 🙂 

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if it comes on my birthday (the 19th) 

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

5 hours ago, JG11Preusse said:

They said Winter 23/24  ...... 20.03 is the last winter day calender wise 🙂 

That's astrological. Since the astrologers make the calendars since thousands of years, they always put it at about that time, depending on a bunch of... astrology... thingies 

But for sure, spring is coming:badmood:

• Like 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

That's astrological. Since the astrologers make the calendars since thousands of years, they always put it at about that time, depending on a bunch of... astrology... thingies 
But for sure, spring is coming:badmood:
Nah, winter is coming down under. So in six months or so, it'll be ready.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Nah, winter is coming down under. So in six months or so, it'll be ready. emoji6.png

Does that mean, I have to go out and buy some Vegemite...? 🙃

• Like 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Nah, winter is coming down under. So in six months or so, it'll be ready. emoji6.png

A dingo ate my Phantom!

• Like 4

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 6:21 PM, Raviar said:

Q2 is almost over, keeping my hopes for Q3

Two years have passed, and there are 2 weeks™ left until the end of winter. I hope HB will not break the delay record, and we will get Phantome.

8 minutes ago, Raviar said:

Two years have passed, and there are 2 weeks™ left until the end of winter. I hope HB will not break the delay record, and we will get Phantome.

I wouldn't bet on it, since ED has no plans for a 2.9.4 patch yet, furthermore, ED hasn't said anything about it yet.

• Like 2