How do the closed beta team look for bugs?

Chickent_Nug
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Hi! I was wondering how to go about joining the closed beta tester program for DCS. In the past I did similar stuff for Insurgency: Sandstorm(searching for bugs in game) when it was in its technical alpha stage, and I loved it, so I wanted to see if I could do something similar for DCS.

Thanks!

-Chickent_Nug

54 minutes ago, Chickent_Nug said:

Hi! I was wondering how to go about joining the closed beta tester program for DCS. In the past I did similar stuff for Insurgency: Sandstorm(searching for bugs in game) when it was in its technical alpha stage, and I loved it, so I wanted to see if I could do something similar for DCS.

Thanks!

-Chickent_Nug

Seriously?

Your first post in this forums and just for asking to be part of CB?

Honestly: If you knew how to become involved in testing and how to be a vital part in this community you'd better had chosen another way.

Cheers!

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

You won't like my input but it's by invitation only.  I've pestered them on and off for years, particularly with a jet I know inside and out simming wise.  Nothing.  Ever.

So, you're a better person than me if your experience is otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

53 minutes ago, Steel Jaw said:

You won't like my input but it's by invitation only.  I've pestered them on and off for years, particularly with a jet I know inside and out simming wise.  Nothing.  Ever.

So, you're a better person than me if your experience is otherwise.

Thanks for the answer!

54 minutes ago, EvilBert VR said:

Seriously?

Honestly: If you knew how to become involved in testing and how to be a vital part in this community you'd better had chosen another way.

Cheers!

My intention wasn't to ask to join from here, I was just trying to learn where I should go to ask. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with that.

Edited by Chickent_Nug

How do the closed beta team look for bugs?
Are they systematically going through every possible scenario you can imagine the Apache will be in? 
Or are they just playing the game and reporting every bug back? 
Are the bugs they are looking for “big scale” in regards to how the module interacts with the maps? Or “small scale” internal bugs with the module? 

I’m Curios😀

Just like every single gorram bug hunt since the dawn of digital computer -- first they look inside the computer for dead insects, which eventually degenerates into simply goes CTD.

Edited by VFGiPJP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I've done software testing for work, and often organizations have checklists that cover the most commonly used features and scenarios. Checklists are used so that testing is done in a consistent and structured manner, and to standardize communication and to keep documentation of test history. I'd imagine that ED does similar. And often these test plans are proprietary info, but if an admin wants to shed light on what is covered then I'm sure they will.

• Like 2

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

11 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

I've done software testing for work, and often organizations have checklists that cover the most commonly used features and scenarios. Checklists are used so that testing is done in a consistent and structured manner, and to standardize communication and to keep documentation of test history. I'd imagine that ED does similar. And often these test plans are proprietary info, but if an admin wants to shed light on what is covered then I'm sure they will.

Seriously, this is a more in-depth scenario. The testers, if they are motivated enough, would go beyond the "checklist" and submit extra issues and problems found to the developers. It is finally up to the developers how to handle these reports.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Il 16/2/2022 at 21:40, EvilBert VR ha scritto:

Seriously?

Cheers!

C'mon please don't be so salty, anyone has the right to ask questions and as far as i can see Chickent_Nug has been very polite in his asking

• Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

On 2/16/2022 at 7:42 PM, Chickent_Nug said:

Thanks!

-Chickent_Nug

Get involved with the community play the game and report (or add to the report that is already reported) anything you think is a bug.
Then maybe in a few years time they (ED) might take notice and think about it. <<guarantee not given

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

On 2/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, Chickent_Nug said:

Thanks!

-Chickent_Nug

Use Google Translate if you don't understand the language

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/vacancies/tester/

Edited by Furiz

• ED Team
  • Solution

Please read the above post for closed beta team and what we are looking for, currently it is invite only. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 2/16/2022 at 3:40 PM, EvilBert VR said:

Seriously?

Cheers!

now OP has two posts and is probably gone for good. lol.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 4 months later...