Swedish Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

This pack is everything I hoped, fantastic work Currenthill, very grateful for the effort you have put in.

Will you eventually add Strf 9040 BILL? 

image.jpeg

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

29 minutes ago, bennyboy9800 said:

This pack is everything I hoped, fantastic work Currenthill, very grateful for the effort you have put in.

Will you eventually add Strf 9040 BILL? 

image.jpeg

Thank you!

About the BILL version, we'll see, it's not on the list at the moment. But I'm not ruling it out. 😁

Here's an overview of all the assets, weapons and their range, loaded ammunition, total ammunition and reload time.

Ping @Abburo

image.png

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, JonathanRL said:

As a mission creator, truly thanks for adding a Prefix that they belong to a mod so I do not add them by mistake. Its honestly something that should be standard for DCS.

Most Assets Mods do that, for example the 476th Target Range Mod prefixes its assets with an "*", the VPC Airfield Equipment Mod uses "VP" as prefix, the SAM Assets Pack uses the prefix "ERO", etc.

Also, I usually only keep active those Mods that I'm currently using, so I'm pretty aware of what assets I have available to me when I'm on the Mission Editor. In case of doubt, you can use the UNIT LIST to check the Modules that are being used:

HjNf6be.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

25 minutes ago, Punkmonkey22 said:

Zip files on the split downloads are corrupted? Tried three times with each and can't unzip them with 7zip, winzip or winrar?

Very strange, I did a test and could successfully unpack them with 7zip. 

What was the error message?

Has anyone else used the split zips?

Edited by currenthill

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

Very strange, I did a test and could successfully unpack them with 7zip. 

What was the error message?

Has anyone else used the split zips?

I opened the first split no problem, but was unable to open the second, or fourth using 7zip. Ended up downloading the full version. 

Edited by bennyboy9800

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

3 minutes ago, bennyboy9800 said:

I opened the first split no problem, but was unable to open the second, or fourth using 7zip. Ended up downloading the full version. 

Okay! I'm happy you got it working. 👌🏻

But you should only have to open and extract the first zip file, it should automatically handle the rest.  

20 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Okay! I'm happy you got it working. 👌🏻

But you should only have to open and extract the first zip file, it should automatically handle the rest.  

I understand, I must've mishandled the split files. 

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Currenthill, just downloaded your excellent mod.  Very impressive work and I look forward to trying them out this weekend.  You asked if anyone else used the 4 zip files.  I did and can report receiving two errors while unzipping them.  Screenshot attached.  The 4 files were downloaded on two different days (first 2 parts yesterday and the second two parts today).  The Strb_textures.zip is present at 159,359 KB but is corrupted as it will not open.  Not sure what impact the "Unexpected end of data" error had.

RustyGunner 

Zip Errors.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RustyGunner said:

Currenthill, just downloaded your excellent mod.  Very impressive work and I look forward to trying them out this weekend.  You asked if anyone else used the 4 zip files.  I did and can report receiving two errors while unzipping them.  Screenshot attached.  The 4 files were downloaded on two different days (first 2 parts yesterday and the second two parts today).  The Strb_textures.zip is present at 159,359 KB but is corrupted as it will not open.  Not sure what impact the "Unexpected end of data" error had.

RustyGunner 

Zip Errors.jpg

Thanks!

I've split the zip again and ran tests on it, and now I'm re-uploading them. Hopefully this will remediate the issue. 👌🏻

• Thanks 4

Hi @currenthill,

I am looking forward to add the swedish SAMs into the "Mantis" function in MOOSE. Mantis is an alternative function to Skynet IADS, but is made in moose framework. It is having it's own features and drawbacks, still is a very functional and easy to use implementation of IADS.

I was thinking to add the data according with the syntax required in Moose that can be seen in the table below. However, I am wondering if you would be able to compile such a list for Swedish assets better than I could do by browsing the .lua files... maybe i could miss something.

"Blindspot " is a minimum firing range around the SAM site. Radar is the type name of the radar bearing unit, in case it cannot be identified otherwise.

So please let me know if that is something you could do on your side, or if I should try my best guess on it 🙂 . After that we can submit this to the Moose devs so that it can find it's way in the main branch .

Thank you in advance 😉

MANTIS.SamData = {
  ["Hawk"] = { Range=44, Blindspot=0, Height=9, Type="Medium", Radar="Hawk" }, -- measures in km
  ["NASAMS"] = { Range=14, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="NSAMS" },
  ["Patriot"] = { Range=99, Blindspot=0, Height=9, Type="Long", Radar="Patriot" },
  ["Rapier"] = { Range=6, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="rapier" },
  ["SA-2"] = { Range=40, Blindspot=7, Height=25, Type="Medium", Radar="S_75M_Volhov" },
  ["SA-3"] = { Range=18, Blindspot=6, Height=18, Type="Short", Radar="5p73 s-125 ln" },
  ["SA-5"] = { Range=250, Blindspot=7, Height=40, Type="Long", Radar="5N62V" },
  ["SA-6"] = { Range=25, Blindspot=0, Height=8, Type="Medium", Radar="1S91" },
  ["SA-10"] = { Range=119, Blindspot=0, Height=18, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300PS 4"},
  ["SA-11"] = { Range=35, Blindspot=0, Height=20, Type="Medium", Radar="SA-11" },
  ["Roland"] = { Range=8, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Roland" },
  ["HQ-7"] = { Range=12, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="HQ-7" },
  ["SA-9"] = { Range=4, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Strela" },
  ["SA-8"] = { Range=10, Blindspot=0, Height=5, Type="Short", Radar="Osa 9A33" },
  ["SA-19"] = { Range=8, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Tunguska" },
  ["SA-15"] = { Range=11, Blindspot=0, Height=6, Type="Short", Radar="Tor 9A331" },
  ["SA-13"] = { Range=5, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Strela" },
  ["Avenger"] = { Range=4, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Avenger" },
  ["Chaparrel"] = { Range=8, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Chaparral" },
  ["Linebacker"] = { Range=4, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Linebacker" },
  ["Silkworm"] = { Range=90, Blindspot=1, Height=0.2, Type="Long", Radar="Silkworm" },
  -- units from HDS Mod, multi launcher options is tricky
  ["SA-10B"] = { Range=75, Blindspot=0, Height=18, Type="Medium" , Radar="SA-10B"},
  ["SA-17"] = { Range=50, Blindspot=3, Height=30, Type="Medium", Radar="SA-17" },
  ["SA-20A"] = { Range=150, Blindspot=5, Height=27, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300PMU1"},
  ["SA-20B"] = { Range=200, Blindspot=4, Height=27, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300PMU2"},
  ["HQ-2"] = { Range=50, Blindspot=6, Height=35, Type="Medium", Radar="HQ_2_Guideline_LN" },
}

--- SAM data HDS
-- @type MANTIS.SamDataHDS
-- @field #number Range Max firing range in km
-- @field #number Blindspot no-firing range (green circle)
-- @field #number Height Max firing height in km
-- @field #string Type #MANTIS.SamType of SAM, i.e. SHORT, MEDIUM or LONG (range)
-- @field #string Radar Radar typename on unit level (used as key)
MANTIS.SamDataHDS = {
  -- group name MUST contain HDS to ID launcher type correctly!
  ["SA-2 HDS"] = { Range=56, Blindspot=7, Height=30, Type="Medium", Radar="V759" },
  ["SA-3 HDS"] = { Range=20, Blindspot=6, Height=30, Type="Short", Radar="V-601P" },  
  ["SA-10C HDS 2"] = { Range=90, Blindspot=5, Height=25, Type="Long" , Radar="5P85DE ln"}, -- V55RUD
  ["SA-10C HDS 1"] = { Range=90, Blindspot=5, Height=25, Type="Long" , Radar="5P85CE ln"}, -- V55RUD
  ["SA-12 HDS 2"] = { Range=100, Blindspot=10, Height=25, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300V 9A82 l"},
  ["SA-12 HDS 1"] = { Range=75, Blindspot=1, Height=25, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300V 9A83 l"},
  ["SA-23 HDS 2"] = { Range=200, Blindspot=5, Height=37, Type="Long", Radar="S-300VM 9A82ME" },
  ["SA-23 HDS 1"] = { Range=100, Blindspot=1, Height=50, Type="Long", Radar="S-300VM 9A83ME" },
  ["HQ-2 HDS"] = { Range=50, Blindspot=6, Height=35, Type="Medium", Radar="HQ_2_Guideline_LN" },
}
  • Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

6 hours ago, Abburo said:

Hi @currenthill,

I am looking forward to add the swedish SAMs into the "Mantis" function in MOOSE. Mantis is an alternative function to Skynet IADS, but is made in moose framework. It is having it's own features and drawbacks, still is a very functional and easy to use implementation of IADS.

I was thinking to add the data according with the syntax required in Moose that can be seen in the table below. However, I am wondering if you would be able to compile such a list for Swedish assets better than I could do by browsing the .lua files... maybe i could miss something.

"Blindspot " is a minimum firing range around the SAM site. Radar is the type name of the radar bearing unit, in case it cannot be identified otherwise.

So please let me know if that is something you could do on your side, or if I should try my best guess on it 🙂 . After that we can submit this to the Moose devs so that it can find it's way in the main branch .

Thank you in advance 😉

MANTIS.SamData = {
  ["Hawk"] = { Range=44, Blindspot=0, Height=9, Type="Medium", Radar="Hawk" }, -- measures in km
  ["Patriot"] = { Range=99, Blindspot=0, Height=9, Type="Long", Radar="Patriot" },
  ["SA-2"] = { Range=40, Blindspot=7, Height=25, Type="Medium", Radar="S_75M_Volhov" },
  ["SA-3"] = { Range=18, Blindspot=6, Height=18, Type="Short", Radar="5p73 s-125 ln" },
  ["SA-10"] = { Range=119, Blindspot=0, Height=18, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300PS 4"},
  ["SA-15"] = { Range=11, Blindspot=0, Height=6, Type="Short", Radar="Tor 9A331" },
  ["Avenger"] = { Range=4, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Avenger" },
  ["Chaparrel"] = { Range=8, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Chaparral" },
  ["Linebacker"] = { Range=4, Blindspot=0, Height=3, Type="Short", Radar="Linebacker" },
  ["Silkworm"] = { Range=90, Blindspot=1, Height=0.2, Type="Long", Radar="Silkworm" },
  ["SA-10B"] = { Range=75, Blindspot=0, Height=18, Type="Medium" , Radar="SA-10B"},
  ["SA-20A"] = { Range=150, Blindspot=5, Height=27, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300PMU1"},
  ["SA-20B"] = { Range=200, Blindspot=4, Height=27, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300PMU2"},
  ["HQ-2"] = { Range=50, Blindspot=6, Height=35, Type="Medium", Radar="HQ_2_Guideline_LN" },
}

--- SAM data HDS
-- @field #string Type #MANTIS.SamType of SAM, i.e. SHORT, MEDIUM or LONG (range)
MANTIS.SamDataHDS = {
  ["SA-2 HDS"] = { Range=56, Blindspot=7, Height=30, Type="Medium", Radar="V759" },
  ["SA-3 HDS"] = { Range=20, Blindspot=6, Height=30, Type="Short", Radar="V-601P" },  
  ["SA-10C HDS 2"] = { Range=90, Blindspot=5, Height=25, Type="Long" , Radar="5P85DE ln"}, -- V55RUD
  ["SA-10C HDS 1"] = { Range=90, Blindspot=5, Height=25, Type="Long" , Radar="5P85CE ln"}, -- V55RUD
  ["SA-12 HDS 2"] = { Range=100, Blindspot=10, Height=25, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300V 9A82 l"},
  ["SA-12 HDS 1"] = { Range=75, Blindspot=1, Height=25, Type="Long" , Radar="S-300V 9A83 l"},
  ["SA-23 HDS 2"] = { Range=200, Blindspot=5, Height=37, Type="Long", Radar="S-300VM 9A82ME" },
  ["SA-23 HDS 1"] = { Range=100, Blindspot=1, Height=50, Type="Long", Radar="S-300VM 9A83ME" },
  ["HQ-2 HDS"] = { Range=50, Blindspot=6, Height=35, Type="Medium", Radar="HQ_2_Guideline_LN" },
}

I'll certainly take a look at it. 👍🏻

• Like 2

Currenthill,  which file will I need to download to get the Strb_textures.zip file?  Also, since you resplit the zip will I need to download all the parts to extract as a group again?  Could you perhaps put just the texture file on google drive for a quick download?

RustyGunner

35 minutes ago, RustyGunner said:

Currenthill,  which file will I need to download to get the Strb_textures.zip file?  Also, since you resplit the zip will I need to download all the parts to extract as a group again?  Could you perhaps put just the texture file on google drive for a quick download?

RustyGunner

No problem. Here it is: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/5052fab60/43q3tmdj-3m3yvruk-9brr6hu2-jijt3k7z

Give me a shout when you've downloaded it. 👍🏻

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 1

This Mod is now being reviewed by the GR .. yeah, I know they may not be your favorite DCS youtuber, but it undoubtedly makes this Mod more well known:

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

40 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

This Mod is now being reviewed by the GR .. yeah, I know they may not be your favorite DCS youtuber, but it undoubtedly makes this Mod more well known:

Indeed.  And how I came to download this.  Thanks for making this for us!

• Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, VKB STECS Standard, Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

10 hours ago, Abburo said:

Hi @currenthill,

Thank you in advance 😉

MANTIS.SamData = {
}

--- SAM data HDS
MANTIS.SamDataHDS = {
}

Here's the updated file. I think I got it all right. For the complete layered SAM defense I also added the Lvkv 9040 SPAAG. You decide if it stays or not. 👍🏻

Mantis-SamDataSMA.lua

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I saw that GR video and the mod looks great. And I'm a big fan of the Grim reapers, I just wish they would get back to tutorials.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, RustyGunner said:

Currenthill, file downloaded and checked out.  That's a hefty texture file at 526 MBs.  Thank you.

RustyGunner

Haha, sorry about that. 😅

5 hours ago, isglas said:

Is it possible to manually control AND fier the EldE 98 Mobile LN?

And retract the radar on the UndE 23 STR radar?

Unfortunately the answer is no to both questions. At the moment I should add. I plan to add features to the upcoming releases. 👍🏻

• Like 2

13 hours ago, currenthill said:

Here's the updated file. I think I got it all right. For the complete layered SAM defense I also added the Lvkv 9040 SPAAG. You decide if it stays or not. 👍🏻

Mantis-SamDataSMA.lua 5.01 kB · 7 downloads

Added to the latest build - find it here - https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/blob/develop/Moose_Include_Static/Moose_.lua

• Like 2