ALT-Enter no longer maximises the VR mirror

Kiwispirits

Alt-enter no longer maximises the VR mirror.

Pain for VR, because despite selecting "mouse confined to game window" I can still unfocus the VR mirror and headset by clicking in my periphery while wearing the VR rig. Been that way for years, through 3 different rigs on different drivers and platforms.

Alt-entering the mirror was the only way of fixing it.

Edited by Kiwispirits
  • Like 5

• Kiwispirits changed the title to ALT-Enter no longer maximises the VR mirror

I don't use VR, but Alt-Enter does also not work for me any longer.

For WWII, because of spotting, I ran DCS in a 1440p window and switched to 4k borderless window via Alt-Enter.

Now it seems DCS does not catch Alt-Enter at all.

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, Channel, Sinai

Tech: WWII Assets Pack, Supercarrier

+1, it's a pain in VR. Serious bug, should be corrected ASAP.

• Like 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

It does not work if your system resolution is lower than monitor's native resolution. In my case the VR mirror size changes to 1920x1080 but it still won't maximise to full screen. I have 4K monitor.

• Like 1

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

+1 Please let us have this option back. Now my Point CTRL Calibration is way off and going to have to redo it in order to use it again. Why in the world was this taken away??

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.. is this being fixed, or do we have to revert to previous iterations?

And great to the ONE GUY that I keep reading over and over from on here that it isn't affecting him on this topic.. it's affecting the rest of us; impossible to go actual fullscreen, resolution is defaulting to desktop (not VR), framerates are 1/2 or worse. I also know fullscreen isn't being applied because the SteamVR overlay cannot be de-prioritized (hidden) unless done so within the SteamVR options.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been driving me crazy but I found a workaround.

I've been able to maximize DCS by going into Task Manager, selecting DCS and right-click to Maximize. Still a pain, but at least my Point Control will work. 

• Like 2

Hello,

There is a similar thread in 2D forum
A workaround exist and i tested it in VR mode : it works on mirror but it is a black screen (we don't care about the mirror 😉 )

The good news : performances are very better with this 'restored' ALT ENTER tips

see that

Edited by fab.13

So is everyone turning off vsyn from fast to off in NVidia Control panel off now For the time being?

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

9 hours ago, Burt said:

So is everyone turning off vsyn from fast to off in NVidia Control panel off now For the time being?

Hello, i was speaking vsync option into DCS in my tests about alt-enter

Edited by fab.13
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list - This single issue should be at the top of DCS's "TO DO LIST"

Your customers are speaking (SCREAMING!!!) you would be advised to listen.

Your competition has fangs and desperately want to steal your customer base.

Your customer base wants this fixed.  New development comes after prioritized repair and maintenance of the current product.

DCS 2.7  and DCS Open Beta 2.7 are better than DCS Open Beta 2.8.  We know the Beta is a WIP, so progress - We don't just want it - WE EXPECT IT After all WE pay for it!!!

On 9/23/2022 at 11:34 AM, Werewolf_fs said:

Right now the only way to get the ALT+ENT effect is to check this option in the DCS VR options, (Attached image)

So you can maximize the mirror

vroptions.jpg

I'm not really sure if this was fixed in 2.8 or earlier.  Currently, when 'Use DCS Sys Resolution' is checked on my rig,  so is 'Crop to Rectangle' and "Mirror Eye Source' is set to 'Right', I get my full screen VR repeater and it works great!   Previously, the screen was stretched with the same settings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes you can... Controls: UI Layer: recenter VR headset

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!