18 hours ago, Sedlo said:

Not really.  I’m making an F-16 campaign now, so it’s coming 

I forgot: please, share any info you have on this new campaign ASAP

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

17 minutes ago, LordOrion said:

I forgot: please, share any info you have on this new campaign ASAP

F-16 campaign set in Syria....  Won't be ready for quite some time, but it's in production. 

I know there are a couple campaign devs who are working on Viper campaigns as we speak, they'll be out before mine, for sure.

Edited by Sedlo
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sedlo said:

F-16 campaign set in Syria....  Won't be ready for quite some time, but it's in production. 

I know there are a couple campaign devs who are working on Viper campaigns as we speak, they'll be out before mine, for sure.

The more we have, the better!

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Thank you very much for this campaign, it is so immersive and well done,I just love it !

I just have a question, maybe Sedlo can help with this:

This is not a multiplayer campaing, I know that and red that on the PDF info that we download with all the missions.
But it is so much better when you can replace de "idiot" AI wingman with a friends !
We actually did, only with switching the AI wingman to "client" on the mission editor and it works actually pretty great ! Yeah... but not for all the missions.
(We actually did it too with 3 friends, passing from 1 of 2 hornets to 1 of 3, all in clients, and that works perfectly, but anyway)

Of course the new friends wingman can't triggered the mission when he switch on the next radio channel, the leader have to do it, but this is absolutely no problem.

In missions that don't work, we (or at least one of the 2 players) just can't spawn. We always have the "your flight is retarded" message, even if we remove all the statics that can "block" the players spawn points (which is actually exactly the message displayed for this king of problem).

My question would be just: Are we missing a simple thing in the mission editor and it don't work because of that ? Or it is just like that because the script was not wrote for it and it just can "bug" in some missions when we try to log in with 2 players on a private multiplayer server ?

I don't really understand why it would not work correctly only with a AI to client modification, 'cause we don't add other things, we don't delete other flights or sam, or modifying waypoints, absolutely nothing exept just that change of AI to client.

If you, Sedlo, or anybody else have an answer or already had this kind of issue on another single campaing when you tried to modifying it to a multiplayer one, I would be grateful 🙂 

Thanks !

Hi @El_Bonzonito.

The short answer is it's not written for mulitplayer...  Some missions have scripts and scenarios that prevent it from working completely, and other missions it may work, but only partially.

I've spent a lot (maybe the majority) of the time in this campaign scripting and adjusting it so the AI wingman are not so much idiots anymore.  It's as optimized for AI wingman as it can be, an I think it works very well.  

A lot of the things that make this campaign unique and interesting only work with singleplayer.  This is due to a number of reasons, but mainly a lot of unique parameters and indications that I measure to trigger actions are only accessible in a singleplayer environment.   

I'd ask that you play the campaign as it was intended, as singleplayer only.  I cannot give any advice or tech support for any user-mods to it, such as trying to force it into Multiplayer.  

Thank you for your fast reply !

Of course we play the campaing in single player as well, as it was designed for, and it is just superb !

The purpose of my message was just to know if maybe it was existing a possibility. 😉

Thanks again for the work and I can't wait for the next one ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El_Bonzonito said:

Thank you for your fast reply !

Of course we play the campaing in single player as well, as it was designed for, and it is just superb !

The purpose of my message was just to know if maybe it was existing a possibility. 😉

Thanks again for the work and I can't wait for the next one ! 

Awesome, thank you!  

I'm working on a number of new things, I hope you will like what is coming. 

Take Care,

Sedlo

• Like 1

I'm up to mission 9 and I'm really enjoying the campaign. Very high quality stuff. One issue that I've run into is I must have missed a trigger in missions 7 and 9. I get cleared to mother and when I land, I never get a mission success message and have to finish with 50 points. I don't recall being told to switch from channel 13 to channel 4 either. Is there something I need to do after getting cleared to RTB that I'm likely missing?

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

3 minutes ago, Roosterfeet said:

I'm up to mission 9 and I'm really enjoying the campaign. Very high quality stuff. One issue that I've run into is I must have missed a trigger in missions 7 and 9. I get cleared to mother and when I land, I never get a mission success message and have to finish with 50 points. I don't recall being told to switch from channel 13 to channel 4 either. Is there something I need to do after getting cleared to RTB that I'm likely missing?

No, there shouldn't be anything special.... If you're on channel 13 on the left radio, you'll be pushed to channel 4 somewhere between 20 and 45 miles out, depending on the mission.   

Just ensure you're staying on channel 13 until prompted to switch.

If you are doing that, then there may be some other issue...  If you have a track or a tacview I can take a look.

2 minutes ago, Roosterfeet said:

When I flew mission 9 I decided it wasn't going to switch me to 4 so I did it without prompting, probably around 35 miles. I'll start from IP (great feature, btw) and see if patience fixes the issue. If that doesn't work I'll save a track.

I think that's what it is.... 🙂

Mission 10 is surprising!!!! No spoiler now but it was amazing how i was happy to board in such " special" conditions: Thx Sedlo, good word! I can not recommand enough your campaign!

ps: now i know even more the F18 and his subtulties

Edited by Spirale
  • Like 1

Today I learned of the passing of Olivier Balland, known as Olivier Gaming  or HODGY... Olivier kindly recorded the lines of MAGIC for mission 12 in Bold Cheetah, and helped me a lot in Beta Testing.

In the DCS community, he was a star, helping so many people with his tutorials, livestreams and 1 on 1 help. I am very sorry to hear that he is gone.  He certainly won't be forgotten.

Bold Cheetah is dedicated in his honour.

Olivier Balland Dedication.jpg

Edited by Sedlo
  • Like 10

I just finished this campaign and i'd like to tell you all my gratitude Sedlo 😃

Evrything is here and the scenarii smell realism, the atmosphere is incredible and it's a pure joy to sit into the F18, that special atmosphere is matched by the immersion of being a fighter pilot = Well done Sedlo!!

With such  quality of achievement, i can only recommend this campaign and patiently wait for the next one 🤩

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sedlo

Amazing as always, glad to see an expansion to the eastern friendship campaign. Like someone has said, if you have a paypal I would love to shout you a beer as your campaign so far has been one of the best I have ever played. I have a question in regards to the mission 10 below:

Spoiler

During the emergency. My aircraft was in a perpetual cycle of turning off and on again of all electrical systems. I had no HUD, or anything that is not steam powered. I just engaged full burners and climbed at 5' angle. When I was climbing out, I quickly had a look at your failure cheat sheet, but nothing was there. So I thought about it a little more and decided to turn the battery into override, turn on the APU and the left generator off. Before I could do that, the electrical power somehow came to life and I got my instruments back. But the radio chatter did not reflect anything in regards to this. Was this part of the failure that you have created or did I screw something up?

A couple of suggestions for VR

Landing CASE1 when the sun and the weather conditions are set the way they are, makes things extremely difficult. In a frustrating kind of way, because the carrier is just a black blob against a grey-ish blue background of water. Flatscreen seems not have this issue as there is enough colour depth to see it more clearly. It would be great if you can use the same override that you used in mission 10, to light up the carrier and help with VR visibility

It would be helpful to know what the loadout of the aircraft would be in the mission briefs. It's there for some of them, but not for others

Spoiler

Mission 9. Great, and I enjoyed it tremendously. But what's up with the guns run at the end. I couldn't reconcile the last request to do the lemming run into the manpads below, (at the request your ground commander no less). Who is well aware he is sending you to die as you Allah Akhbar your way into a swarm of Javelins

Edited by nikoel

1 hour ago, nikoel said:

Hey Sedlo

Amazing as always, glad to see an expansion to the eastern friendship campaign. Like someone has said, if you have a paypal I would love to shout you a beer as your campaign so far has been one of the best I have ever played. I have a question in regards to the mission 10 below:

Hide contents

During the emergency. My aircraft was in a perpetual cycle of turning off and on again of all electrical systems. I had no HUD, or anything that is not steam powered. I just engaged full burners and climbed at 5' angle. When I was climbing out, I quickly had a look at your failure cheat sheet, but nothing was there. So I thought about it a little more and decided to turn the battery into override, turn on the APU and the left generator off. Before I could do that, the electrical power somehow came to life and I got my instruments back. But the radio chatter did not reflect anything in regards to this. Was this part of the failure that you have created or did I screw something up?

A couple of suggestions for VR

Landing CASE1 when the sun and the weather conditions are set the way they are, makes things extremely difficult. In a frustrating kind of way, because the carrier is just a black blob against a grey-ish blue background of water. Flatscreen seems not have this issue as there is enough colour depth to see it more clearly. It would be great if you can use the same override that you used in mission 10, to light up the carrier and help with VR visibility

It would be helpful to know what the loadout of the aircraft would be in the mission briefs. It's there for some of them, but not for others

Reveal hidden contents

Mission 9. Great, and I enjoyed it tremendously. But what's up with the guns run at the end. I couldn't reconcile the last request to do the lemming run into the manpads below, (at the request your ground commander no less). Who is well aware he is sending you to die as you Allah Akhbar your way into a swarm of Javelins

Hey Nikoel!

Glad you're enjoying the campaign so far!

OK, for mission 10...

Spoiler

Your generator will trip offline, and you'll get the flashes of the HUD/MFDs... this will pass within a few moments.  Just fly the plane and things will short themselves out in a few seconds.   

For the landings in VR, yeah, I hear you.  There isn't anything I've done with mission 10 to make the carrier light up, it's just the weather conditions I guess were such that the core game put the lights on.   Is there a particular mission you're having issues with?  I have tested it in my Oculus 2 and haven't had that bad of a time with it, though I have had to reference the TACAN and BRC sometimes to get a good run into the initial. 

I can try and tweak the weather / time a bit maybe, what mission are you seeing the problem in?  

Noted about the loadouts, I'll have a look.

In terms of mission 9....

Spoiler

Yeah, it's a dangerous situation... Dude is being overrun, so he'll scream for you to come help.  My advice is to keep the speed up and some preventative flares as you make your runs.. I will also look into maybe de-tuning the ground AI to make it a little easier.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll see what I can do.

Sedlo