1.07 - MAJOR UPDATE!

Version 1.07
- Recovery Tanker / Rescue Helo scripting changed
- Camapaign now uses CVN-74 module.  Supercarrier owners will see no change, you will still have deck crew and enhanced comms.  Non Supercarrier owners can now play the campaign, they just won't have deck crew, enhanced comms or other SC features

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3326679/

BC CVN74.jpg

• Like 1

Thx  for  all your hard work on this,  done  the  first mission, although my ai  just ran out of  fuel  after his  bolter lol ,  should  have  made  him  refuel  at tanker or  let  him land  first  since  he  bolted  because i  cut  in  front  of  him for  landing  🙂   any way  how  do you update   delete the  original one   and  than  replace  the  one  with the latest download?

Hey Pete!  Ha, yeah, that AI isn't great with fuel consumption.  I tend to glance at the SA page every now and then to figure out how much gas they have.  I'll often send them to the tanker, for sure.

Just copy the new files into the folder where the old files are and replace them.  The file names are the same, so the campaign progress should remain as it was.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sedlo said:

ust copy the new files into the folder where the old files are and replace them.  The file names are the same, so the campaign progress should remain as it was.

thx  for  that  went  and  did  the mission1  again made ai refuel at tanker 🙂  completed mission  brief  said  i  could  exit  etc.  Issue  now  is  how  do i continue to the next mission,  when i press  the  next  mission in the  folder it  brings  me  to  the post refuel in the  air  in mission 1?

edit  note  i dont  get  the  end  option on the bottom  all i get is  fly  again.   so have  to use  the  x on  top  right.  But  this  doesn't  seem to have  any  effect on other  campaigns  i  been playing  eg  raven and  the  sequel to it,  cerbus  north  etc 

Edit2   ok   just released  that i get  the end  option  to end  missions  on my  normal  campaigns  but  not  on  this  one?

Edited by pete_auau

I see the guard police were out in full force for Mission 8 😆

Edit: Question on Mission 8 though. Both my harpoons hit, and I destroyed both boghammers, and landed on the boat, but only got 60 score. I did take one round from a boghammer but had no damage so I chose to continue mission and RTB normally. Does getting hit cost you points?

Edited by Sandman1330
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

On 11/3/2022 at 11:16 AM, Steel Jaw said:

First, excellent high quality work and I thank you for it, kind Sir.

However, this VR flier is finding very poor (stuttering) performance.

Anyone else?

Im using  a rift  s and  have  no issues   with this  campaign if  only  i  could  get  past  the  first  mission (  wont  let  me 😞  ) the only  issues  i have  using  vr  is  using  the  dcs  liberation witch everyone  know  its  a vr  killer lol

10 hours ago, pete_auau said:

thx  for  that  went  and  did  the mission1  again made ai refuel at tanker 🙂  completed mission  brief  said  i  could  exit  etc.  Issue  now  is  how  do i continue to the next mission,  when i press  the  next  mission in the  folder it  brings  me  to  the post refuel in the  air  in mission 1?

edit  note  i dont  get  the  end  option on the bottom  all i get is  fly  again.   so have  to use  the  x on  top  right.  But  this  doesn't  seem to have  any  effect on other  campaigns  i  been playing  eg  raven and  the  sequel to it,  cerbus  north  etc 

Edit2   ok   just released  that i get  the end  option  to end  missions  on my  normal  campaigns  but  not  on  this  one?

I'm not sure what's going on there.... That is weird.  I'll have to check it out.  Any chance that you have any mods installed?

10 hours ago, Sandman1330 said:

I see the guard police were out in full force for Mission 8 😆

Edit: Question on Mission 8 though. Both my harpoons hit, and I destroyed both boghammers, and landed on the boat, but only got 60 score. I did take one round from a boghammer but had no damage so I chose to continue mission and RTB normally. Does getting hit cost you points?

No, I didn't really use the points system for anything other than mission advancement.  Anything over 50 is considered a "win".

8 hours ago, Sedlo said:

I'm not sure what's going on there.... That is weird.  I'll have to check it out.  Any chance that you have any mods installed?

my bad my mistake,   didn't  realize  there  were  2  show  of  force  one  is  from a carrier  start  where  mission 2  is  from a air  start

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sedlo said:

No, I didn't really use the points system for anything other than mission advancement.  Anything over 50 is considered a "win".

Cool, thx. My fragile ego was hurt by not seeing 100 😉

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Wow @Sedlo! This campaign just keeps giving. Mission 10 is brilliant! Left me in a pool of sweat. Made it but my virtual spinal column might need a bit of Chiropractic realignment LOL. I was feeling pretty good about my skills following 9 and you just put me back in my box! This campaign in VR is visually stunning and so immersive. Outstanding work matey!

Edited by andygg
  • Thanks 1

Adding my voice to the chorus of positive feedback ! One of the best campaigns for the F18, the immersion is excellent and the difficulty just perfect. Congrats and many thanks 👍

A (very minor) contribution : for the last mission (M13, Alpha Strike, I think) on the kneeboard page the T/O trim value is 16 (as often) but with the given load (50k lbs) it should be 19.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andygg said:

Wow @Sedlo! This campaign just keeps giving. Mission 10 is brilliant! Left me in a pool of sweat. Made it but my virtual spinal column might need a bit of Chiropractic realignment LOL. I was feeling pretty good about my skills following 9 and you just put me back in my box! This campaign in VR is visually stunning and so immersive. Outstanding work matey!

Thank you, andygg!  I had a lot of fun making Mission 10, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

1 hour ago, BuzzLine said:

Adding my voice to the chorus of positive feedback ! One of the best campaigns for the F18, the immersion is excellent and the difficulty just perfect. Congrats and many thanks 👍

A (very minor) contribution : for the last mission (M13, Alpha Strike, I think) on the kneeboard page the T/O trim value is 16 (as often) but with the given load (50k lbs) it should be 19.

Thanks, BuzzLine!  Appreciate the kind words.  Good catch on the kneeboard, I'll put that on the list!

Hey @SedloI have played mission 1 yesterday and it was awesome! Timing, AC management, events guiding the player, voiceovers, radio work. All nicely done and very enjoyable. 

I understand your reasons for releasing it "as is" for free, and really appreciate them. That is really something to applaud. 

However, I do have one issue with the trigger that should prompt me to tune to STRIKE: it does not seem to consistently trigger when the left engine goes above 65%. Yesterday I had several occurrences in mission 1 where it would not trigger, and on the last one it did but only when I was on the CAT and almost ready to launch. tuning then triggered the voiceover and the mission played beautifully. 

Mission 2 today is doing the same thing. For some reason, it does not trigger. I feel I am missing something (maybe you're looking for a particular item in the startup procedure, IDK, but it's getting annoying - I might go in the mission editor to see if I can understand what it is that it's not working).

Also, still in mission 2, your mission designer notes say we should launch from CAT 1, but then the kneeboard has CAT 3/4), no big deal but I thought it was good to raise the flag on this one. 

All in all, very nice work, from the little I have seen this is going to be a very enjoyable campaign! Thanks for sharing it! 

Hey, @SPAS79!

I hope you enjoy the rest of the campaign!

There “may” be an issue with your throttle settings, I suspect.  I can’t get to my computer right now, but I believe that trigger fires when the right engine reaches 64%, which should be the stabilized, idle setting on the carrier (I’ll have to double check the number). Since the trigger searches out the engine display indication for 64%, it needs to be showing 64% for a full second.  I suspect perhaps your throttle might not be truly at idle and the engine indication either doesn’t reach that number or it rolls up to 65 too quickly. 

I’m not sure if you have a track file available, but if you do can you send me it and I can have a deeper look. 

cheers,

sedlo 

4 hours ago, Sedlo said:

Hey, @SPAS79!

I hope you enjoy the rest of the campaign!

There “may” be an issue with your throttle settings, I suspect.  I can’t get to my computer right now, but I believe that trigger fires when the right engine reaches 64%, which should be the stabilized, idle setting on the carrier (I’ll have to double check the number). Since the trigger searches out the engine display indication for 64%, it needs to be showing 64% for a full second.  I suspect perhaps your throttle might not be truly at idle and the engine indication either doesn’t reach that number or it rolls up to 65 too quickly. 

I’m not sure if you have a track file available, but if you do can you send me it and I can have a deeper look. 

cheers,

sedlo 

Thanks for the answer, makes sense. as a matter of fact, I have a virpil CM2 with the detent mod, so the first few (1 or 2) percent of its travel is reserved for startup/shutdown i.e., if I pull it all the way back while being in "startup" mode, it generates a virtual button press that shuts down the engines, but when in "taxi" mode that doesn't apply anymore (the virtual button is not present in "mode 2"), so it should be OK to pull all back. I just don't do it because 65% is fine from a "staying still" point of view and I didn't think of that. 

So, in my understanding I have two options: either pull the throttle fully back and "fight" the detent OR modify the trigger in the Mission Editor to look for 66 instead of 65 when it does the check on cockpit devices. I think I will go with pulling all the way back, otherwise I will have to hunt and modify every similar trigger in the campaign. 

Thanks for the answer! I'll try and report back!

EDIT: and no, sorry no track files, but if I cannot work it out and you think it might be useful from a debugging perspective, I will record one and send it your way! 

Edited by SPAS79

Hey @Sedlo yes the issue was i   my hornet was idling at 66%, as soon as I pulled all the way back (makes it idle at 65%), everything is working as expected.

Good call!

It is a shame that there's no other method, like triggering on >x instead of ==x...

In other news, i have just discovered the splash damage script, installed it and ran it during mission 02. Seems to be working as intended.

Edited by SPAS79

Thanks for the campaign,
I flew the 1st mission and I found an issue, checked the mission and seems the TACAN is not set for Texaco 1-1 on 53X

apart from that, I have few feedback:
1.  I believe the fog in weather is not realistic for region (the fog is not well implemented in DCS at al in my opinion)
2. the pilot's accent of MiG-29 is russian just for the sake of immersion (I can help on that if you need)
3. the IRGC commander has nothing to do with IRIAF, the COMM and conversation could have been better

Thanks