Pretty much no single player missions anywhere for this map?

imacken

I just bought this map, and I know it's beta, but I can't say I am anything but disappointed. Apart from the 3 F-14 missions, there doesn't appear to be ANY single player missions anywhere!  (Yes, I know that others can be edited or created in ME, but that's not the point.)

Pretty sure that on release other maps all had a reasonable number of some basic missions.  How long has this map been out?

Is this likely to be rectified soon?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You could've checked the mission availability before diving in.

There are a few missions and a campaign, and the upcoming Liberation 6.0 will support Falklands as well. But it's probably too early to expect something serious (let alone payware) -- the map is still in the active development, with new airfields being added every couple months.

Last but not the least, this area is not exactly known for a lot of action. So it's a bit harder to come up with a plausible scenario for a conflict if it's not a sandbox or a pure fantasy.

Speaking of sandboxes. I'm pretty sure that once Razbam is done adding new airfields, folks like deadlyfishes (Edit: already available, thanks to Chump) and Apache600 won't be far behind.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

1 hour ago, imacken said:

Yes, I know that others can be edited or created in ME, but that's not the point.

whats the point then?  just complaining because you didn't ask before purchasing?  .. I enjoy this map a lot, flying my own missions, they are not that hard to edit.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Minsky.   How could I have checked for the usual IA missions before diving in?

I'm not talking about Payware or Campaigns, etc. That would be too much to expect. As I said above, I am simply talking about the usual basic single missions that are available for all other terrains, most of which appeared on day of release. It's been a few months now, hasn't it?

Just now, Rudel_chw said:

whats the point then?  just complaining because you didn't ask before purchasing?  .. I enjoy this map a lot, flying my own missions, they are not that hard to edit.

I think the map looks beautiful, but that's not the point.

I'm glad you are enjoying flying your own missions, but that doesn't get away from the fact that there has always been a good selection of IA missions for all other terrains.

We shouldn't have to employ ME to be able to fly the map!

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thank you for that. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

I also discovered that Briefing Room supports the map, so I've been generating a few missions with that.  What a superb tool that is!

Thank you for that. I'll give it a go tomorrow.
I also discovered that Briefing Room supports the map, so I've been generating a few missions with that.  What a superb tool that is!
Briefing room is great. And exactly what I've been using on the SA map. Through the inferno as mentioned, is also very good.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Liberation 6 also has a couple dynamic campaigns for it Although both are carrier based until you progress a ways, and start taking airfields. That does kind of suck if you want to do some a-10 or f-16 work without flying 450 miles one way from falklands to the mainland. Been fun with the harrier though.

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 8:04 PM, Minsky said:

the upcoming Liberation 6.0 will support Falklands as well.

Rebuild one of the campaigns the last couple of days to have a less fictional scenario than the 2 present ones.

Hope the 7.0 will also have more units available, such as the HMS Invincible, and the other Ship assets that are already ingame.
I have to ask in the Discord for Melbourne Mod support, that would be cool.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

we have some missions that we are working on but as you can imagine we are maxed out atm 🙂

hopefully will get to finish those in the coming months and include with the map

if you wanted a really cool MP experience then the 4YA MP SA map and TTI map are really cool the fly on

• Like 3

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Thanks a lot for that. The addition of the usual DCS IA missions would be a great boon for everyone wanting to use the map.

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, Raz_Specter said:

if you wanted a really cool MP experience then the 4YA MP SA map and TTI map are really cool the fly on

Yesterday I was looking for a nice SA server, but they seem to be rare. I liked the one with the Operation Wicker Hill (can't remember the server name, just the mission name) for some time, but lately we are very often on the Syria LK Flashpoint Levant and for me there is still a huge lack of such persistent servers. LK is very well received. 

I really like to feel the progress and being able to continue the progress where you stopped the evening before.

I hope someone does a mission like this for SA. 
Awesome that you already adopted the new night lighting.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 3 months later...

So, 6 months on from my OP, and nothing has changed. Very disappointing. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

In the user files download area, there is no maps search filter

I use this one:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files//search/?tags=South Atlantic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/23/2023 at 4:00 AM, imacken said:

So, 6 months on from my OP, and nothing has changed. Very disappointing. 

Well, it's been a year now, and still no change. Pity, it looks like a beautiful map.

Edited by imacken

2 minutes ago, imacken said:

Well, it's been a year now, and still no change. Pity, it looks like a beautiful map.

Why don’t you try to learn the Mission Editor? That way you wouldn’t need to depend on others for your DCS flights, and it would certainly be more enjoyable than ranting on a Forum.

• Like 2

Honestly, I don't know why you are so defensive of this map.  Just leave it. The fact is that every map and module has loads of content from the get-go except for this map (and the F-15E).

Users shouldn't have to learn how to use ME to enjoy their purchase.  RAZBAM had promised mission content a long time ago. It's just not appearing and after 1 year, that's disaapointing.  Until stuff arrives, I'll use all the other maps. I'll keeep looking out though.

I'm glad you're happy with the situation, but others aren't so much.

It also makes me laugh the over use of the work 'ranting'.  Definition is 'lengthy, angry and impassioned speech'.  Are you really seeing that?  Just making a sensible comment really and expressing disappointment. Ranting? No. I've got more important things to waste energy on!

Edited by imacken
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, imacken said:

Just leave it

ok, will do.

• Like 1

I’ve made a few SP missions - for the Mossie and the MB-339…

but there is a looooooooooong list of South Atlantic assets that Razbam showcased and then have seemingly dropped 😕

I get that the F-15E is the commercial imperative, but I think we all hoped / expected that a whole fleet of Royal Navy (and Argentine) assets would follow.  At one point they were badged as an asset pack, which I’m ok with

Most of all though….

Where’s the flippin SHAR

We’ve got Invincible… but there’s naff all point having her without the Sea Harrier - it’s what the map was MADE FOR

Add the Sea Harrier I’d expect a flurry of intense, sh1tty weather A2A and A2G missions and campaigns

(and no, the AV-8B is not a suitable stand in)

Edited by rkk01

All maps should have to meet minimal service level agreements that are set by ED before going on sale and i’d be amazed if thats not how it currently works. Part of that SLA needs to stipulate a set number of pre-made quick missions, they don’t have to be overly complex but at least give the customer the chance to quickly dive in and enjoy their new purchase by being able to click and play a quick mission, take-off from runway hot and cold, night and day that sort of thing.

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

4 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

... and i’d be amazed if thats not how it currently works

Actually, I have never seen a single DCS map that includes ANY pre-made missions at all ... at most they have the definitions that allow the "Create Fast Mission" to work with the Map. The Missions have always been included WITH THE MODULES, at least that's the way DCS has been so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

All maps should have to meet minimal service level agreements that are set by ED before going on sale and i’d be amazed if thats not how it currently works. Part of that SLA needs to stipulate a set number of pre-made quick missions, they don’t have to be overly complex but at least give the customer the chance to quickly dive in and enjoy their new purchase by being able to click and play a quick mission, take-off from runway hot and cold, night and day that sort of thing.

Completely agree.  As I menioned before, this is the only terrain that has this issue. All others had loads of mission from day one.  Similar situation with F-15.

I am also suprised that ED allow this to happen.  I'm also surprised that given Baltic Dragon's relationship with RAZBAM, that he has not produced a few mssions for the terrain and module to include in the base DCS.

• Like 1