A neues Gwand für die Dora! - Hi Res Textures for the Dora

Doughguy

33 minutes ago, Ishigami said:

If those fastner however are a type of Dzus fastner (or camloc fastner, turnlock fastner, quick-action fastner etc. there are many different ones) the slits would look more or less in the same direction as the locking direction of the fastner is predetermined by the receptacle position. Given enough space the receptacle would be installed in the same orientation within a row. So unless someone messed up the receptacle installation this would probably not be possible or considerably more subtile in its effect.

But then again I never stood in front of a real FW190D9 and do not know if those are Dzus style fastner. It's just something I noticed.

Some lazy slave labour worker might have sabotaged the screws and not properly aligned the jigs?

No seriously. all pics ive seen had differntly arranged screws. 

untitled-1dvdvt.jpg

Also you are going to do the cockpit? That is amazing. Could we finally get a proper RLM66 cockpit ? 

See above. Yes.

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guys, i can tell you this will be worth of waiting. It will totally facelifts the old D9 model. Details are awesome no matter how close you will be looking at it.

Screen-230305-105659.jpg

Screen-230305-105927.jpg

Screen-230305-104826.jpg

Screen-230305-105514.jpg

Screen-230305-104729.jpg

Screen-230305-121926.jpg

Screen-230305-114630.jpg

Edited by DB 605
Couple of more shots added
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could make various fixes today and also redo the rear wheelhub and tire for which i created a new normal map.
Unfortunately i couldnt recreate the original rear wheel hub since ED has 4 screws build into the model whereas the original only has 3...

I also made a new normal map for the radiator.

Details Details Details!

Atm im reorganizing the JG 301 liveries.

Staffel 1 - 12, then 4 Stabsstaffeln: Geschwader Stab, and 3 Gruppen Stabs Staffeln.

JG3 liveries in the Pipeline, of which ill do a generic IV Gruppe and Stab.

The smaller JG´s wont be a real problem since most only had one Group equipped with doras.

The real trouble gonna be Jg 26.... so much varieties...I. Group JG301 liveries already weight about a gig...
JG 301 has the advantage of the group marking placement and staffel colors not being all over the place. Its different with eg JG 26  and JG 2, where each staffel has a correspondung color of the bort number and color coded group marking....

Gonna think of something.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Nothing much happend lately. Progress is crawling as i work overhours since collegues are on sick leave...

Good news is that ive tackled most bugs discovered so far and doing minor touchups here and there.

Will call it a day in a few weeks tho so you guys can fondle the dora and i can get a broader feedback.

It wont be as good as i want it to be but its sinply not doable with the canvas given by ed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

It's gorgeous as it is mate, just the few compromises to be taken due to current 3D model and texture's layout, but that's not on you whatsoever. You did an amazing job with an old model and it shows all it's glory despite the years it has on top.

If it already looks good on the screenshots people are gonna melt down when they are able to see it in person, I can tell :thumbsup: .

To be honest, it's such a good job it should be included in the module as a default skin, @NineLine@BIGNEWY, it's a truly amazing job.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I agree. Really beautiful work that will push old 3d model to it's limits and hides it's errors nicely. Big bad wulf looks gorgeous in new clothings 😎

• Like 2

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stab of JG.3

Markings are a bit fictional, based off of Oskar Romm´s << Markings making him Gruppenkommandeur (if im not mistaken).
Not much sense at that point to create one offs. The camo patterns for << and for its sister marked < were quite alike.
Wings were re-used from one of the JG.301 planes to save diskspace.

1nre9b.jpg

2m5f5b.jpg

31edbo.jpg

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Not much happening.Just fixing bugs i keep discovering. Other things i kinda fight touching cause they´re a pita to fix... pattern and seams dont go well together..

*sigh*

Meanwhile, some pics of the finished 13./JG.51 pattern. Not sure on the disruptive pattern on the main wings. JaPo/ Crandall are contradictive in that matter. Colors in general rather speculative... but the 301s were painted with brown all over so this makes a nice change..

Gonna do the Stabsversion of this JG soon.

1elfja.jpg

2klfft.jpg

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Gruppenstab of JG51

18ketu.jpg

2fsdhw.jpg

3aoers.jpg

Noticed some major bug in the diffuse and roughmat on the wings for previous textures and had to fix that. It´ll take some time now to resave all the previous textures...
Also some stenciling on the diffse got pushed around once ive inspected the other textures..... oh well..

Anyway. I´ll rest with making more versions and JG´s for now, finish the fixing and make sure, that JG301, 3, and 51 will be nice and wrapped up for an initial release, before i do more versions.

• Like 5

What's the free upload limit on mediafire and googledrive? They seem to be quite popular amongst DCS modders.

Never heard of this nexusmods site, but if they offer some hefty storage space, they'll also do the job I guess. 

Wherever you upload your stuff, just don't forget to post links in this thread. Can't wait to try these liveries!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

30 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Never heard of this nexusmods site

It is one of the worlds largest, if not the largest, Mod-Database/Host.

Large files sizes shouldn't be an issue as they host large mods for many games. Mesh and texture overhauls quickly grow in size e.g. the The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project Ultimate hosted by NexusMods comes in close to 10GB.

They are very reliable and trustworthy. The site exists since 2001 so they have now more than 20 years of service under their belt.

Edit: There is one caveat though: Politics.

You might want to contact a moderator before uploading textures that include swastikas... usually they are fine, especially in a histroical setting, but its better to check in before uploading something like that. 

Edited by Ishigami
  • Thanks 1