DEVELOPMENT NOTES

Plexus

• 5 weeks later...
2023/9/10 PM9点35分,Plexus说:

image.png

Dear pilots!

With this latest development update, we are pleased to announce the successful completion of the intricate flight model tuning process. To mark this achievement, we present our new video showcasing a demonstration flight of the aircraft. From this point forward, we are preparing the module for ED flightworthiness certification. This marks a significant milestone on our journey towards module release!

Strange,if OctopusG submitted La-7 to ED for test shortly after September 10th,it should have been released.Referring to MB-339, IndiaFoxtEcho announced that they were submitting MB-339 to ED for final test on September 3rd 2022 and it was released on October 28th 2022.

Edited by dcn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dcn said:

Strange,if OctopusG submitted La-7 to ED for test shortly after September 10th,it should have been released.Referring to MB-339, IndiaFoxtEcho announced that they were submitting MB-339 to ED for final test on September 3rd 2022 and it was released on October 28th 2022.

I think it comes down to financial planning: The big F-4E release is imminent. I don't think ED will release two planes simultaneously - most people will have to choose which one to buy and it'll eat into the profits of ED and the developers. If they release the La-7 (or whichever is next) a month or two later, then there will be no competition for the F-4E and eventually people will most likely end up buying both. So many models were supposed to come out in 2023 - the F-4E, the F-4U Corsair, the A-6 (???), the La-7. Let's hope 2024 will be more bountiful. :)

• Like 1

3 часа назад, Doc3908 сказал:

I think it comes down to financial planning: The big F-4E release is imminent. I don't think ED will release two planes simultaneously - most people will have to choose which one to buy and it'll eat into the profits of ED and the developers. If they release the La-7 (or whichever is next) a month or two later, then there will be no competition for the F-4E and eventually people will most likely end up buying both. So many models were supposed to come out in 2023 - the F-4E, the F-4U Corsair, the A-6 (???), the La-7. Let's hope 2024 will be more bountiful. 🙂

I think you're right, but it's still a massive load of Bullpup. There was a topic about the F-15E release having an impact on the F-4E sales, and me and other folks argued that the planes are too different for that to be the case. Well guess what, La-7 is even more different! The only argument to be made is that people might buy the F-4E first and La-7 a bit later, so I fail to see how releasing La-7 later will be any different from releasing them together from that standpoint.

• Like 1

I wouldn't read too much into it. Sure, ED may have the final word and decide not to release two modules in a single patch, but none of the modules you've listed are ready for release. F-4 is not delayed because F-15, it's delayed because development took more time than HB initially estimated and now they tentatively declare "this winter". A-6 module is not even on the roadmap for 2024.

Edited by some1
  • Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

20小时前,Doc3908说:

I think it comes down to financial planning: The big F-4E release is imminent. I don't think ED will release two planes simultaneously - most people will have to choose which one to buy and it'll eat into the profits of ED and the developers. If they release the La-7 (or whichever is next) a month or two later, then there will be no competition for the F-4E and eventually people will most likely end up buying both. So many models were supposed to come out in 2023 - the F-4E, the F-4U Corsair, the A-6 (???), the La-7. Let's hope 2024 will be more bountiful. 🙂

I think when a module is ready for release they will release it.It's ridiculous to withhold a module that is ready to release.As for F-4E,we even don't know whether it would be released in 2023.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 6:13 PM, Plexus said:

Yes. I think it is good subject for the next note.

If I remember correctly, La-7 is capable of carrying 2 FAB-100.

• Like 1

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Normaly, the ammo load of the La-7 was:

• 2 100 kg bombs (surely FAB-100M43/FAB-70/FAB-50M/AO-50-100 and others AO series).
  • 6 RS-82 / 4 RS-132 rockets

By the way you are sure the La-7 uses Rockets? Seen Pictures on the Lagg-3 never on La-5 or La-7. Even to find a picture with la-7 and bomb racks task at his one.

That only picture in found was with only 50kg Bombs. When it should be 100kg then is my error.

Mean basicly the same Wing as Lagg-3 but from historical Context doubt the put that stuff on the air superiority fighter?

Because there also Lagg-3 with drop tanks (only test aircraft) but that made never extended use behind the Lagg-3

Only picture i came across with actual bombs on the La-7

boykov_2_zpsjxvuhwzh.jpg

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

The weapon manual for the La-7 speaks about only 2 bombs, from 8kg to 100kg each.

La-7 weapons.JPG

• Thanks 1

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I think when a module is ready for release they will release it.It's ridiculous to withhold a module that is ready to release.As for F-4E,we even don't know whether it would be released in 2023.
I agree! No one is sitting on the fence debating whether they're gonna get this one or the F-4. That makes no sense at all. The pre-sales of the F-4 has probably dwarfed it already. Not sure how the WWII sales compares to jets in any case.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

image.jpeg

In this note on the development of the La-7 aircraft module, we'll discuss its secondary function as a fighter primarily, focusing on the use of aviation bombs.

Compared to the I-16, which has broader ground attack capabilities, the La-7 is equipped with a minimal bomb control system and only two suspension points. In practice, these are often loaded with small 25-kilogram cast-iron AO-25SL bombs.

la7-bomb-screen1.png

The aircraft's armament also includes FAB-50 and FAB-100 bombs.

Bombs are released simultaneously by pressing the bomb weapon button on the stick. Power system monitoring and bomb release are managed through indicator lights.

For emergency and non-explosive releases, the ASI-140 release mechanism with a cable is located on the left side of the cockpit.

Screen_231218_222050.jpg

Please refer to our instructional video for a more detailed demonstration of the bomb application procedure from the La-7 aircraft.

Edited by Plexus
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Plexus said:

image.jpeg

In this note on the development of the La-7 aircraft module, we'll discuss its secondary function as a fighter primarily, focusing on the use of aviation bombs.

Compared to the I-16, which has broader ground attack capabilities, the La-7 is equipped with a minimal bomb control system and only two suspension points. In practice, these are often loaded with small 25-kilogram cast-iron AO-25SL bombs.

la7-bomb-screen1.png

The aircraft's armament also includes FAB-50 and FAB-100 bombs.

Bombs are released simultaneously by pressing the bomb release button on the cockpit control panel. Power system monitoring and bomb release are managed through indicator lights.

For emergency and non-explosive releases, the ASI-140 release mechanism with a cable is located on the left side of the cockpit.

Screen_231218_222050.jpg

Please refer to our instructional video for a more detailed demonstration of the bomb application procedure from the La-7 aircraft.

Video is still processing for me despite being uploaded 10 hours ago.

1 minute ago, TheSkipjack95 said:

Video is still processing for me despite being uploaded 10 hours ago.

watch it on youtube

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2023/11/16 PM12点38分,Doc3908说:

Even though I don’t want to believe it, as time goes by, I feel more and more that you are right...

The La-7 is absolut littered with levers all around the Cockpit crazy....seems i have to invest in some new throttle Quadrant in the future..

Thx for update @Plexus

5e70124a4bd7cf01e34b241facc478d4.jpg

• Like 3

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 2 months later...
4小时前,Doc3908说:

It's been a long time since there have been any posts about the La-7. Just curious if it's already been submitted to ED for evaluation...

La-7 was shot down by F-4E.

• Like 2

2分钟前,Doc3908说:

I guess we got our answer this morning. Thank you ED for the update! I'm so looking forward to this bird!!

Yeah it seems that they saw what we said here.