Future updates for the mossie?

hazzer

Can we expect some upates for the mosquito soon? Seems to have gone quiet with regards to bug fixes and getting it feature complete (plenty of good suggestions in the wish list as well). 

Many thanks. 

• Like 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I don't disagree. I have all ww2 modules as I live flying them. I don't actually own the asset pack as it isn't anyway near what I'd expect yet to justify the purchase. 

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Development progress looks a bit frozen to me. I'm currently using the Mosquito in the trial version as I wanted to see, if I should buy it in the Bundle with the P-47.

The sensitive tailwheel assembly bug got me in my first taxi attempts as I used the Mossie at Kobuleti the tail wheel left the taxiway and returned and broke even the taxi speed was quite low. This bug was reported in June last year...

Graphics and cockpit are great but this progress... is the P-47 in a better state, haven't tried this one and don't know if I should money on that bundle or better wait?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gulredrel said:

Graphics and cockpit are great but this progress... is the P-47 in a better state, haven't tried this one and don't know if I should money on that bundle or better wait?

It's in comparable state, ie. mostly complete, but with some old unresolved bugs left pretty much abandoned. Some of them working in our "favour" ( for examlpe lack of compressibility controls lock simulation), while some make our life harder (examples: oil dilution still not implemented, which badly affects warmup time on cold maps; engine redline being too low, which affects diving performance). Just like with DCS in general, you have to make the most out of what works and don't think too much about what doesn't.

• Like 3

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 1/15/2023 at 4:22 PM, razo+r said:

The whole WWII part has gone quiet. 

I've been patiently waiting for an update to WW2 in general. An AI improvement I'm hoping is coming. 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

For me the Mosquito is pretty much feature complete, why would it need an update so soon?  What I’m actually looking forward to, is Reflected’s "V for Victory" campaign 🙂

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

For me the Mosquito is pretty much feature complete, why would it need an update so soon?  

Ever tried moving into the navigator's position in flight to set / tune a radio?  This module badly needs an attitude / altitude hold function for when you move out of the pilot's seat. This has been requested many times, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

(Nice to see that the new missions in the latest updates have scripted the navigator to set up and tune the appropriate beacons as required. Ho ray for now having a navigator! That is a lot easier and more realistic than trying to work all the radios stuff yourself while still flying the plane)

What I’m actually looking forward to, is Reflected’s "V for Victory" campaign.

Me too!

The Mosquito may have its faults, but it is still my favorite.

Edited by Terry Dactil
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

For me the Mosquito is pretty much feature complete, why would it need an update so soon?  

Some examples:

1. No Very pistol in spite of it appearing in the ground menu.

2. No in cockpit pilot models - we are flying empty seats.

3. No navigator AI at all. The current mosquito is a novel concept of a twin-seat single-crewman plane, where you skip you @$$ between the chairs in order to be able to reach all the switches - binds don’t work from the other seat, so they don’t even represent “requesting” your invisible navigator to flip a switch for you.

4. There have been issues with feathering the props - I don’t know if those got fixed already. Pretty darn critical since I hardly ever return home on two engines (or at all) after contact with the enemy.

5. Performance wise, our mosquito has the performance of a configuration with saxophone exhausts plus flame shrouds, which is 15 mph slower than the configuration with the stub exhausts that we are supposed to have.

6. The magnetic compass next to your left knee disagrees with the magnetic remote indicator compass.

7. The cannons don’t start firing all together (neither do the MGs) - they fire in a sequence starting from the starboard side (iirc).

OK most of this stuff is not critical, but any kind of advancement on any of these issues would have been nice.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

3 hours ago, Bozon said:

Some examples:

7. The cannons don’t start firing all together (neither do the MGs) - they fire in a sequence starting from the starboard side (iirc).

OK most of this stuff is not critical, but any kind of advancement on any of these issues would have been nice.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the explanation, I have not yet flown the Mosquito in  depth, as I was waiting for the Campaign. Hopefully ED will fix most of these issues before the Campaign arrives. Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The fact we don't have a Jester AI type for the Mossie is such a shame, I would love for a guy named Hugh sitting next to me, calling out enemy bandits, and grund targets,(and very importanly in the mosse elevation)  that you could also give orders to set radio, becons, arm bombs and open bomb bay, probably deal with flaps and gears to.

• Like 8

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

20 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

The fact we don't have a Jester AI type for the Mossie is such a shame, I would love for a guy named Hugh sitting next to me, calling out enemy bandits, and grund targets,(and very importanly in the mosse elevation)  that you could also give orders to set radio, becons, arm bombs and open bomb bay, probably deal with flaps and gears to.

+1

It has been suggested, but it's definitely a great idea.

• Like 3

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

6 hours ago, Bozon said:

Some examples:

2. No in cockpit pilot models - we are flying empty seats.

3. No navigator AI at all. The current mosquito is a novel concept of a twin-seat single-crewman plane, where you skip you @$$ between the chairs in order to be able to reach all the switches - binds don’t work from the other seat, so they don’t even represent “requesting” your invisible navigator to flip a switch for you.

4. There have been issues with feathering the props - I don’t know if those got fixed already. Pretty darn critical since I hardly ever return home on two engines (or at all) after contact with the enemy.

5. Performance wise, our mosquito has the performance of a configuration with saxophone exhausts plus flame shrouds, which is 15 mph slower than the configuration with the stub exhausts that we are supposed to have.

6. The magnetic compass next to your left knee disagrees with the magnetic remote indicator compass.

+engine feathering doesnt work. Stopped functioning around november.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:31 PM, Rudel_chw said:

For me the Mosquito is pretty much feature complete, why would it need an update so soon?  What I’m actually looking forward to, is Reflected’s "V for Victory" campaign 🙂

Has some funtionality none implemented yet:

-T1154 (transmitter) & R1155 (receiver) radio units funtionality.
-Navigator AI like Petrovich
-Radio navigation equipment.
-Animations and others.

• Like 3

That is to be expected.

The P8 compass is in bad position close to metal objects and electrical wiring which distort the local magnetic field. These errors are partially corrected by maintenance  "compass swinging". This consists of accurately aligning the aircraft on a cardinal heading (say North) and adjusting a small N-S correcting magnet to zero that error. The aircraft is then accurately aligned  South and that same correcting magnet is adjusted to remove 1/2 the current error.  The procedure is also don heading East and West using the E-W correcting magnet. As you can see this does not remove, but only minimizes the errors. (This is called the "deviation" and the errors are  listed, normally in 30° increments, on a nearby card, which we don't have in our Mosquito. You apply this deviation correction to what you see on the magnetic compass to get the actual magnetic heading).

The remote compass sensor, on the other hand, is in a much better magnetic location and any errors are electronically eliminated so the indicator in the cockpit should be accurate on all headings and does not require a deviation card at all.

/nit picking mode off /   🙂

• Like 3