Pre-order, 17th of February’23

YoYo

44 minutes ago, einarabelc5 said:

I literally wouldn't be asking for this if I didn't remember clearly that there was more incentive than a 20 bucks discount that is going to happen multiple times a year anyways.

This mentality is what allows corporations to get away with this, sort of a Stockholm syndrome. There's always someone who is "with the flow" and can't tolerate divergent thinking. Why not use any logic? I would get the "discount" regardless and a more polished module to top that off if I simply cared to wait until December or any major Holiday. The issue is the discrepancy between what I remembered was promised and what now everyone is claiming actually is.
And just to be clear by reward I meant actual incentive, which I do remember clearly the point of buying it way ahead of time was to pre-view the module. The condescending elitist tone as if people were stupid is not appreciated but just like in Totalitarianism, there's always many helping enforce it because they want to be right. It's all in how you write things and how they lend themselves to interpretation, even non-intentionally. Pretty of other posts here saying the same thing in a non-condescending manner so thanks but no thanks.

I can't believe how wrong you have this. This is bordering on nonsense. 

I am not supporting any business practices here because I have not pre-ordered the module. 

If you don't want to support this way of conducting release planning, do not pre-order the module.

At lot of people's frustrations here are based on customer expectations of how things would be done, which have been let down. But those expectations are not binding on the retailer; when you pre-order, you are accepting the terms without fully understanding the deal. If you can't handle this, don't pre-order. 

I get that you don't like my wording, but if you seriously think people who haven't paid RAZABM should do in order to influence their decisions, I would like you to explain to me exactly how that works. 

There are no societal factors at play. 

Edited by Ich Dien
  • Like 5

July will be perfect time for me btw. 😉

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

it will be kindly if Razbam at least, wanted to give to us the Baltic Dragon's manual of the f-15..to occupy the waiting time!!
This is what I have glamoured for since the early days of pre-order.
A manual of some sort( a skimmed down version) would keep us prepared before actual release.
The YouTube videos out there does help while waiing but personally reading the manual before product delivery helps far better with preparation for and enjoyment of the product.
Baltic Dragon has promised to give us the manual before release though so fingers crossed and waiting.

Ryzen 5 5600: RTX 3070: 32g Ram: Virpil Cm3 Throttle :Thrustmaster warthog flight stick: Thrustmaster TFRP rudder:Samsung Odyssey plus Vr headset :

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

2 hours ago, einarabelc5 said:

I literally wouldn't be asking for this if I didn't remember clearly that there was more incentive than a 20 bucks discount that is going to happen multiple times a year anyways.

This mentality is what allows corporations to get away with this, sort of a Stockholm syndrome. There's always someone who is "with the flow" and can't tolerate divergent thinking. Why not use any logic? I would get the "discount" regardless and a more polished module to top that off if I simply cared to wait until December or any major Holiday. The issue is the discrepancy between what I remembered was promised and what now everyone is claiming actually is.
And just to be clear by reward I meant actual incentive, which I do remember clearly the point of buying it way ahead of time was to pre-view the module. The condescending elitist tone as if people were stupid is not appreciated but just like in Totalitarianism, there's always many helping enforce it because they want to be right. It's all in how you write things and how they lend themselves to interpretation, even non-intentionally. Pretty of other posts here saying the same thing in a non-condescending manner so thanks but no thanks.

Your memory is faulty, I'm afraid. There was never a promise to get the module prior to early access as a reward for pre-ordering. 

I'm not even sure how the logistics of that would work. It is certainly not something that has been offered on other modules.

BTW your rant against people being condescending and self delusional while you alone are the logical and rational one is quite ironic considering that your argument is that you remember something being a particular way and therefore everyone else telling you that you're incorrect must be wrong.

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, AhSoul said:

Sure it's a nice idea. But it's only a problem if you actually can't cope with waiting. I preordered on day1. I'm still here waiting and can cope with waiting for as long as it takes. There are many, many other things to do in the meantime 🙂

Hah, yes. It's been more than ten years, a few more months barely register. I'm not only waiting for the EA but for the EA build to be added to Stable. (I really don't understand why so many people use OpenBeta, DCS has more than enough bugs without adding to that. I guess it's the same impatience we see displayed in this thread.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AhSoul said:

The pre-order was nothing but a discount. Anyone that thinks otherwise didn't read what they were paying for 🙂

And to your previous post, there likely is a silent majority who have pre-ordered and are quietly waiting for the day to come instead of arguing for things they simply have no entitlement to. 

• ED Team

folks be nice to each other in this thread and be sure you are aware of our forum rules at the top of the page. 

If you pre-ordered you received 30% discount and you get to support the team earlier, it really helps and is appreciated. 

If Pre-order isnt for you that is fine, early access when it starts will still have a 20% discount and you will still be supporting the team.

I know some people are new to DCS and the time scales for development can come as a shock, but please try to understand the complexity of what these teams are doing. 

The F-15E is currently in internal testing, we have given some content creators access so they can share videos with you all, this often helps people who are not sure and want to see what they are buying into so they can make informed choices.

When we are 100% sure of the early access date we will let everyone know. 

Thank you for your patience. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, max22 said:

I think it's coming tomorrow.

oh, sweet summer child..... 😁😉

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

after all the announcements and the bombastic hype…the soap bubble has burst…razbam, baltic dragon…no one says anything more…it seems that energy and intentions have run out...miscalculated the timing of the sales advertising campaign?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, giullep said:

after all the announcements and the bombastic hype…the soap bubble has burst…razbam, baltic dragon…no one says anything more…it seems that energy and intentions have run out...miscalculated the timing of the sales advertising campaign?

It's Razbam so, I guess no surprise then.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2023 at 4:59 PM, CBenson89 said:

The year of the strike eagle is nearly half over with no strike eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can promise, it will be in the second part. 😀

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, giullep said:

Early June was the planned release date, now it's delayed so Razbam are obviously careful what to do or say. Since it only entered close beta testing recently, expect further delays as testers find new bugs and problems. 

• Like 3

The hype train died for me. As if the razbam cold start video “tease” of a July EA date after being told “it’s coming in hot” wasn’t bad enough, ED coming into the forums after the fact stating there still isn’t a date and they’ll let us know when they have one, was the nail in the coffin for me. There is such a disconnect between ED, Razbam and the community. 
I’ve moved on. I’m relearning the A10. The strike eagle will just be another picture on the bottom of my main page when it finally comes. They totally killed my excitement for the module.

• Like 11

...and another week goes by with a worthless end of week recap. No updates. No news. Not even a mention of the Strike Eagle or even the Sinai Map that they also built tremendous hype behind only to go silent. 

ED always thanks us for our passion, while seemingly doing everything they can to kill it. At least, that's how i'm feeling at the moment.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

...and another week goes by with a worthless end of week recap. No updates. No news. Not even a mention of the Strike Eagle or even the Sinai Map that they also built tremendous hype behind only to go silent. 

ED always thanks us for our passion, while seemingly doing everything they can to kill it. At least, that's how i'm feeling at the moment.

You know they are both coming, correct? What else do you need them to say? This newsletter told us things that we didn't know about. ED and partners put media and videos out there for the Eagle and people complain that it was done too early and that they still have to wait. They delayed the pre order and people complain, then they allow for pre orders then people complain that there's no solid release date for the module so they "took their money" too early. It must be difficult to have to cater to the vocal people here - I don't envy EDs PR people at all.

Edited by unlikely_spider
  • Like 2

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

28 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Thought you said you were done with the SE, your still here?

• Like 2

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

21 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

Sinai is a WIP (albeit clearly well advanced) that they've shown some previews of. AFAIK they've never teased a release date for it, nor is it available for pre-order.  No doubt you would've complained instead about the 'hype train' had either the SE or Sinai featured in this week's update but not been made available for sale.

Edited by bfr
  • Like 1