Deka Simulations announces the DCS: J-8II for DCS World!

Mike_Romeo

24 minutes ago, Schmidtfire said:

Since the J-8II is an interceptor. Does it feature systems and steering cues for GCI?

Also interesting to know, did the Peace Pearl have IFF interrogator?

By now the CGI PLAAF system has unkonow, but on the YJN-901/902/903 of 97, a "Link 11 copy" will be active, or the HN-900 from 88.

As per Uboats they are working on some docs for that

9 minutes ago, Stratos said:

For me is far from clear what the Peace Pearl program added and what we will get on the module, hope Deka releases more info on cockpit features, like HUD, MFD, RWR include...

19 hours ago, uboats said:

We are also preparing a detailed intro to 8PP and Q&A, as well as loadout table, and will post it once ready.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2023 at 11:49 AM, Falconeer said:

How is this question still not clear?

Are we not getting a J-8II as well?

Everybody talks about the J-8PP but I understood we get this after the J-8II (which is the original designation of the J-8B, isn't it?)
Sorry if I missed something, only read the topic starting from page 6 or 7, too much BS everywhere, but doesn't the B has Chinese avionics?

Alias in Discord: Mailman

6 minutes ago, Bananabrai said:

Everybody talks about the J-8PP but I understood we get this after the J-8II (which is the original designation of the J-8B, isn't it?)
Sorry if I missed something, only read the topic starting from page 6 or 7, too much BS everywhere, but doesn't the B has Chinese avionics?

No, J-8II is AI only

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

On 2/10/2023 at 1:08 PM, Midair said:

What's wrong with that? DCS is a flight simulator. If you want to reproduce high fidelity product why do you select a fictionnal aircraft NEVER produced? DCS is not War Thunder.

How is it fictional if it existed ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/10/2023 at 8:48 PM, F-2 said:

Hey Uboats, are other AI aircraft previously announced for the asset pack still on the table? With the J-8F, J-10a, and J-15 it’s quite robust.

All on hold, we found many of our models stolen and sold online, so we paused all wip AI.

• Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

PP is a variant of J-8II, so this variant of J-8 is called J-8PP

On 2/12/2023 at 8:58 PM, NineLine said:

Don't count on older version being more available, even with Russian military they do not allow the development of even older platforms. I have always found Deka to strive to show of the Chinese air force the best they could, this is not a short cut on their part of lack of effort, I believe they would do whatever they could be allowed to do. 

Yes, I fully understand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Very curious if Deka's interested in expanding the J-8 after the Peace Pearl is complete. Moving into other J-8 variants and using the PP as a baseline could be awesome, though it may be the case that it isn't possible at all.

I know uboats wasn't keen to answer such a question last I asked, but it is still fun to speculate.

5 hours ago, Naudiz said:

Very curious if Deka's interested in expanding the J-8 after the Peace Pearl is complete. Moving into other J-8 variants and using the PP as a baseline could be awesome, though it may be the case that it isn't possible at all.

I know uboats wasn't keen to answer such a question last I asked, but it is still fun to speculate.

I'd imagine they would be. It's just a matter of getting the right people to play ball, which is why we're getting the Peace Pearl bird instead of one with domestic kit.

We'll just have to wait.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

On 2/14/2023 at 5:11 PM, Falconeer said:

No, J-8II is AI only

Then I completely misunderstood the announcement.

Edit: disregard
Thought it says we get a -8II and later a PP variant, didn't know its about sub variants and whatever.
On wikipedia it looked like II is its own proper variant. But we all know how accurate wiki is ^^

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman

2 hours ago, Bananabrai said:

Then I completely misunderstood the announcement.

Edit: disregard
Thought it says we get a -8II and later a PP variant, didn't know its about sub variants and whatever.
On wikipedia it looked like II is its own proper variant. But we all know how accurate wiki is ^^

J-8II represents the drastic redesign of some features of the J-8 that distinguish it from J-8I.

Here is the J-8I Finback-A airframe.
4745051.jpg

And here is the J-8II Finback-B airframe, this picture is actually of one of the J-8IIs that vistied the US for the Peace Pearl (PP) Program.
0629022.jpg
So to clarify, the J-8PP isn't truly a separate variant from the J-8II but a modified J-8II. The J-8B, 8PP, B Block 2, 8C, 8D, 8F, 8H, JZ-8F, F-8B and F-8IIM all belong to the J-8II family line . The J-8PP we are getting represents an early J-8II model with later models getting newer radars and weapons such as the PL-12 or reconnaissance equipment. Hopefully this helps clear things up for you and others 🙂 

As a sidenote, I'm hoping the AI variant gets PL-12s 🙂 

Edited by FlankerFan35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Most likely only Bombs and Rockets like a flanker

Yep, only from the G variant, J-8II became a true multirole fighter. But then again, I could be wrong since I know little about the Peace Pearl project.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰