Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

6 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

Let me explain better… it’s not about turn on the SAM at the very last moment to ambush. It’s is turn ON the TRK radar only because if the unit received azimuth from EWR, then there isn’t need to turn SR radar ON but only the TRK to do the lock on and fire. SR radar ON means you have 360 degrees on enemy detection sensors, while TRK radar ON only means about 15-30 degrees of radar beam and so will avoid the easy destruction by ARM missiles from Air enemy units. ED knows very well that and is keeping it unreal for easy SEAD missions. Totally unreal. 

Sounds to me like an unrealistic "demand"... not even a kind request 🙂. Which unit in DCS can control each detection system separately (TRK and SR)? The answer is simple : none !!! Is a DCS thingy...

Be realistic in your requests, and when unsure start by asking questions not raising shallow demands!

Edited by Abburo
  • Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

6 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

Let me explain better… it’s not about turn on the SAM at the very last moment to ambush. It’s is turn ON the TRK radar only because if the unit received azimuth from EWR, then there isn’t need to turn SR radar ON but only the TRK to do the lock on and fire. SR radar ON means you have 360 degrees on enemy detection sensors, while TRK radar ON only means about 15-30 degrees of radar beam and so will avoid the easy destruction by ARM missiles from Air enemy units. ED knows very well that and is keeping it unreal for easy SEAD missions. Totally unreal. 

I agree with what @Abburo said. But I might also add that for example my Tor's have a more advanced configuration than the core game version. My version do actually have a separate SR and TR, unlike the core version. That's why my version have multiple missile channels.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, currenthill said:

I agree with what @Abburo said. But I might also add that for example my Tor's have a more advanced configuration than the core game version. My version do actually have a separate SR and TR, unlike the core version. That's why my version have multiple missile channels.

we can turn off the SR radar in your TOR while keeping the TR radar ON and tracking? that is all about my question is.

it's not unrealistic at all. I didn't understand what you agree with @Abburo 

Buk launcher doesn't need a search radar, but instead have a limited SR/TR radar that will track everything go in front of him. Not sure is HAWK TR can operate with TR ones SR radar is destroyed. BUK do it and work perfect for ambushes. Also to set as single units in Frontline its a deadly tactic used in the current war.

@Abburo doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about. unfortunately, This forum in plenty of them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

we can turn off the SR radar in your TOR while keeping the TR radar ON and tracking? that is all about my question is.

it's not unrealistic at all. I didn't understand what you agree with @Abburo 

Buk launcher doesn't need a search radar, but instead have a limited SR/TR radar that will track everything go in front of him. Not sure is HAWK TR can operate with TR ones SR radar is destroyed. BUK do it and work perfect for ambushes. Also to set as single units in Frontline its a deadly tactic used in the current war.

@Abburo doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about. unfortunately, This forum in plenty of them.

Well that's the thing, the buk probably uses a different code than things like the TOR due to its lack of a proper search radar. What you are asking for (keep in mind I am not a DCS modder or know much about the core code of DCS ) either isn't possible in the current game, or if it is possible it would take hours and hours of work to get it. 

I'm not trying to start an argument here, just @currenthill puts in tons of time and money into things he gives out for free. Have a little respect and don't go complaining on his forum and making demands like @Abburo said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, swartbyron said:

Dose anyone know if there a fix I can make so the OV-10 Bronco wont clash with the the engine sounds?

Or are these mods permanently incompatible?

My assets only uses the core game sounds and doesn't overwrite anything. So the issue is most likely within the mod you mentioned, since it's even mentioned here:

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chris22 said:

how to make su-24 fire storm shadow?

you have to give the AI a designated target, and I believe they also need to be equipped with a designator too ?

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Hey guys, unknown if known issue or not, however when I had the Iran 1.0 folder where it is supposed to be, DCS crashes on startup...

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

11 hours ago, Sn8ke said:

Hey guys, unknown if known issue or not, however when I had the Iran 1.0 folder where it is supposed to be, DCS crashes on startup...

HI,

Conflict with an old iranian asset from CH which you forgot to delete...or with  another mod...try removing all mods and restarting DCS with one mod after one another...

18 minutes ago, Abburo said:

Is this an ammo truck ?

It's the Shaanxi SX2190 6x6 8 ton logistic truck, based on the Steyr 91. It's configured to transport troops at least.

The guy in the background is the PGZ-95 4x25mm SPAAG.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, currenthill said:

It's the Shaanxi SX2190 6x6 8 ton logistic truck, based on the Steyr 91. It's configured to transport troops at least.

The guy in the background is the PGZ-95 4x25mm SPAAG.

Is it complicated to add the default DCS "ammo resupply" to it? 

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom