Patch Notes discussion 13th, 21st and 23rd April 2023

BIGNEWY

• Fixed: Reduce HUD/JHMCS TD diamond slewing rate. This will allow more precise slewing.
  • Fixed: Attack format TDC slew rate way too slow. This will allow more rapid TDC movement to designate targets, change range scale, etc.

How little it needs to be happy sometimes👍

• Like 1

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, ricktoberfest said:

What about oculus runtime?  Is it still not default for oculus headsets? Currently running a registry hack to disable openxr but I’d like to not have to do that.

Can you make a bug thread for this, Wags uses the Quest 2 and does not see this issue, so til help you more a proper bug thread if one is not already created would be best. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

9 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Can you make a bug thread for this, Wags uses the Quest 2 and does not see this issue, so til help you more a proper bug thread if one is not already created would be best. 

I believe a relevant bug thread already exists. As I understand it the request is to use the Quest2 using the native Oculus API rather than using OpenXR (without a reg hack)

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

9 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

I believe a relevant bug thread already exists. As I understand it the request is to use the Quest2 using the native Oculus API rather than using OpenXR (without a reg hack)

Exactly, except I’m on Rift S. I find the openxr implementation is more buggy than the oculus. Constantly recenterIng and seems to conflict with oculus ASW

27 minutes ago, ricktoberfest said:

What about oculus runtime?  Is it still not default for oculus headsets? Currently running a registry hack to disable openxr but I’d like to not have to do that.

When registry is set to none for OpenXR Runtime (= default) the Oculus runtime will be used when starting DCS in ST or MT and an Oculus headset is recognised. So I assume Oculus runtime is default for Oculus headsets (since 2.8.3.38090). Haven't tried latest update yet.

Edited by Rifter

Thanks for the continued attention to MT fixes. Haven't done any extensive testing, but I did notice the GMT Radar (F/A-18) is still not working right . Shows the MAP returns  which makes it hard to see the actual moving targets. Messing the GAIN is a workaround, but still an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent work on the MT performance improvements, thank you!

I no longer have the "CPU bound: main thread / rendering thread" spam with horrible stuttering! The micro-stutters are now replaced by "nano-stutters": the experience is MUCH smoother now but looking at the frametime graphs there is still some work to be done.
But this is an immense improvement! Thanks again!

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Can someone explain to me this line at the bottom of the graphics.lua file Does this have anything to do with VR output per Eye? I set it to true during last version. I didn't notice it caused any problem for me. This new update reset it back to false. I forgot to ask about it till now.

--in stereo and hmd mode you can try to use single parser for both eyes , by default is false , comment to enable it or set to true
stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false

26 minutes ago, DishDoggie said:

Can someone explain to me this line at the bottom of the graphics.lua file Does this have anything to do with VR output per Eye? I set it to true during last version. I didn't notice it caused any problem for me. This new update reset it back to false. I forgot to ask about it till now.

--in stereo and hmd mode you can try to use single parser for both eyes , by default is false , comment to enable it or set to true
stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false

That option is old. It is for so called single pass stereo rendering. It renders both left and right eye images at the same time in VR. It enables the GPU to share culling for both eyes. The GPU iterates through all objects in the rendering scene for only one time for the culling and then renders the reminding objects that were left over after the culling process.
It can boost VR performance significantly. But sometimes it comes with rendering errors (different light effects for left and right eyes for example). This feature was never completed or approved by ED.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rifter said:

That option is old. It is for so called single pass stereo rendering. It renders both left and right eye images at the same time in VR. It enables the GPU to share culling for both eyes. The GPU iterates through all objects in the rendering scene for only one time for the culling and then renders the reminding objects that were left over after the culling process.
It can boost VR performance significantly. But sometimes it comes with rendering errors (different light effects for left and right eyes for example). This feature was never completed or approved by ED.

I have been seeing such lighting issues since MT started. So i have been running with it on "true" since then.

10 minutes ago, SPAS79 said:

I have been seeing such lighting issues since MT started. So i have been running with it on "true" since then.

I just ran the update with it off or set to false and I think my shadows in cockpit look way better with it set to true. I will go back and set it to true again for my next try. Also @BIGNEWYSir can you tell me about this post you guys made? I just tested the Huey out and this was not in the Update? When will it come out? it is still like before.

New engine modelling methods have been in progress during development of the Mi-24P and AH-64D modules. The new UH-1H engine model was in many ways a test bed for the methods we then used in the AH-64D engines model. We’ve been gathering feedback about DCS: UH-1H over the years, and thanks to our forum users; Piston85, Ramsay and others, we have pinpointed changes to make for new engine model development. We are now finishing the deployment of the new engine model to UH-1H and are eager to let you try it. Please make sure to give us your feedback.

The new model represents fine tuning to address the following:

• Some of the old engine model parameters did not match with their real counterpart, especially in transient regimes.
  • We wanted to improve temperature regime compliance to match the real world counterpart. This includes EGT other engine parameters based on altitude and outside temperature changes.
  • We wanted to improve the modelling of mechanics to include a new model that accounts for the connection of the free turbine and main rotor.
  • The new model has allowed us to improve details of the start-up and shutdown procedures that leverage the expanded modelling of compressors and free turbine.

UH-1H

This image shows that we are now accurately modelling auto-rotation situation readings on the tachometer. The real aircraft dial is on the left and the DCS: UH-1H Huey dial on the right.

• ED Team
40 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

@NineLine @BIGNEWY

is there some sort of a new combat damage effect that leaves no traces of the fuselage/wings after the fuel tank explosion? Or .. a bug?

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/323671-finally-saw-a-warbird-explode/

Ive asked the team if it is intended 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Minhal:

Does anyone else have issues runnig Reshade in MT? ST works fine. Had no issues before the update.

...no issues so far. No problems even after today's OB patch.

Reshade must be installed separately for the MT version, of course, with reference to the correct folder where the MT version is located.

5 minutes ago, Apache 64 said:

...no issues so far. No problems even after today's OB patch.

Reshade must be installed separately for the MT version, of course, with reference to the correct folder where the MT version is located.

Hm, then something seems to be wrong on my end.

Strange thing is: i installed Reshade in the bin-mt folder and it worked flawless with MT. Now it works with ST only despite the Reshade files all still sit in the bin-mt folder. I might just uninstall and reinstall again and see if it helps.

Cheers for letting me know!