Patch Notes discussion 13th, 21st and 23rd April 2023

BIGNEWY

Ok. So I bought it, but now it is listed as "Not installed" and does not show up as downloadable in the menu. Do I have to start a certain version to get it downloaded and installed?

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

3 minutes ago, Moxica said:

Ok. So I bought it, but now it is listed as "Not installed" and does not show up as downloadable in the menu. Do I have to start a certain version to get it downloaded and installed?

Do you have Normandy?  I went through pretty much the same confusion, but Normandy is now Normandy 2 with all the little fiddly bits included therein.

Just now, Raisuli said:

Do you have Normandy?  I went through pretty much the same confusion, but Normandy is now Normandy 2 with all the little fiddly bits included therein.

Yes, I have Normandy. i just bought the N2 for 9.99. But I can not download it. It is listed and greyed out in the module manager.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

38 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

Hello! With this update today in the Open Beta of 04/21/2023 Kaspersky is accusing the DLL ABaseF1.dll of trojan and it deletes it automatically.

The name of the trojan is (VHO:Trojan.Win32.Vejoxi.gen) and it is a type of Trojan horse.

Captura de tela 2023-04-21 124924.png

Captura de tela 2023-04-21 124943.png

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

34 minutes ago, Moxica said:

Yes, I have Normandy. i just bought the N2 for 9.99. But I can not download it. It is listed and greyed out in the module manager.

The only way I could verify one way or another was to open it and fly around (used F11, actually).  London and Paris are the easy victims; you'll know quick which version you have.  I did the $9.99 update and got zero downloads/feedback from it, but those two cities are hi-res and look amazing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

The only way I could verify one way or another was to open it and fly around (used F11, actually).  London and Paris are the easy victims; you'll know quick which version you have.  I did the $9.99 update and got zero downloads/feedback from it, but those two cities are hi-res and look amazing.

I got it! Found London and Paris in the ME. I just never had the option to download. 
Thank you! 🙂

3 minutes ago, Moxica said:

I got it! Found London and Paris in the ME. I just never had the option to download. 
Thank you! 🙂

Be aware that London & Paris are now included with the old map. Only the hi-res versions are in the new 2.0 version.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Bought normandy 2 updgrade on steam, I have it in my DLC but no MBs are added to it, if I go on to the store page and go to normandy 2 I still have the option to buy it for 50bucks, I also have the ability to buy the normandy upgrade pack 1(I bought upgrade pack 2) So it dosn't seem like steam understands this upgrade system at all.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

6 minutes ago, motoadve said:

How can I confirm I have N2?

Fly over Paris or London and check out the textures, it will be obvious if you haven't got the N2 upgrade as the textures will be super low.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

10 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Bought normandy 2 updgrade on steam, I have it in my DLC but no MBs are added to it, if I go on to the store page and go to normandy 2 I still have the option to buy it for 50bucks, I also have the ability to buy the normandy upgrade pack 1(I bought upgrade pack 2) So it dosn't seem like steam understands this upgrade system at all.

I can confirm that buying the only logical update option (which quite confusingly states "For those of you who own Normandy 1944 and The Channel maps"), I get low-res areas, as I would if I was simply updating Normandy 1944. I only own The Channel map. Something is not working.

• Like 1

If I had to make a wild donkey guess when you download <the updated Normandy 1.5> you get the whole smash, but the high-res area is locked until you pay for Normandy 2.  What that means at our end is no feedback at all that your purchase was successful or had any impact.  There's no additional download.

At this point the only way to know is to go look at London or Paris; if you have a mission that uses Normandy fire it up and hit F11 at a nearby field.  Based on Balrick33's comments you'll know pretty fast if you have the full N2, the 1.5 version, or N1944.

Hopefully ED will fix that to eliminate the confusion, but until then enjoy the driverless cabs in London.  They're worse than the real thing!

<edit>

The update was huge, and I think it has everything because there's no additional download for the hi-res areas on Normandy 2.  It's all so confusing!

</edit>

Edited by Raisuli
  • Like 2

On steam Normandy 1944 is still listed, I still have 1944 in my DLC, when I got into DCS, there is no normandy 2.0 in the DLC list, not at all not even greyed out. so it appears that somehow Normandy 2 dosn't actually exist for some users. I can't find it on the store page in steam either, only Normandy 1944, which you can't buy and Normandy upgrade patch 1. No actual Normandy 2, however the direkt link to the Normandy 2 works, and it want's me to buy it agian.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I have both the old Normandy map and the Channel map but when I go to buy Normandy 2 for $9.99 I get a message saying:

Warning!
You already have these products from your cart:

DCS: Normandy 2.0 Map

Please go back and review added to cart products.

Edited by Uther

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

6 minutes ago, Uther said:

I have both the old Normandy map and the Channel map but when I go to buy Normandy 2 for $9.99 I get a message saying:

Warning!
You already have these products from your cart:

DCS: Normandy 2.0 Map

Please go back and review added to cart products.

The same happened to me, but I just uninstalled N1 and bought N2 for 9.99 or something. As far as I was able to check, I have the hi-res London now.

Edited by Hog_driver

@NineLine the steam store page does not mention that open beta is required to run Normandy 2.0. I already expected that and only bought now already to not miss out the upgrade discount, but other players who are less involved in DCS will not understand why it's not downloading after purchasing...
on the topic of beta: do you guys realize that stable version hasn't had an update for ages?! it is also stuck in a very bad place with the dreaded terrain shadow bug... honestly no current build could possibly be worse than current stable branch....

Edited by twistking

Now I managed to fly some free flight missions is SP. The butter is gone, welcome the stutter. Again.

To be serious: I don't know what magic the devs did in the LAST OB (DCS 2.8.4.38947), but in VR with my system that was extremely smooth. I mean exceptionally smooth, even when looking sideways. The trees, buildings, everything moved like silk, with well defined, crisp contours.

But THIS version is unfortunately back to the "good old DCS in VR" feeling: stuttering (mostly microstutters, which are NOT presented on the frame time graph at all) and the ugly "double vision like" motion of the objects when looking sideways causing a blurred mess. Normandy 2, Nevada, Caucasus, does not matter, the same old style. I even tried to switch off the terrain object shadows and tuned the water to low, but it is the same. Those settings were "DEFAULT" and "MEDIUM" with the previous build and even then was that super smooth.

I'm really very sad.

Please check out what happened in the deep of the engine between these two builds, because that was the key.

• Like 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

2 hours ago, GrafRotz said:

so… we can remove wrecks now? 😳

Yes, just tested it, if the wreck is still burning the flames wont be removed though

Edited by Nick_17
  • Like 1

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

27 minutes ago, St4rgun said:

Now I managed to fly some free flight missions is SP. The butter is gone, welcome the stutter. Again.

To be serious: I don't know what magic the devs did in the LAST OB (DCS 2.8.4.38947), but in VR with my system that was extremely smooth. I mean exceptionally smooth, even when looking sideways. The trees, buildings, everything moved like silk, with well defined, crisp contours.

But THIS version is unfortunately back to the "good old DCS in VR" feeling: stuttering (mostly microstutters, which are NOT presented on the frame time graph at all) and the ugly "double vision like" motion of the objects when looking sideways causing a blurred mess. Normandy 2, Nevada, Caucasus, does not matter, the same old style. I even tried to switch off the terrain object shadows and tuned the water to low, but it is the same. Those settings were "DEFAULT" and "MEDIUM" with the previous build and even then was that super smooth.

I'm really very sad.

Please check out what happened in the deep of the engine between these two builds, because that was the key.

Strange I fly in VR as well and find the performance to be good, same as it was before the new map.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I bought Normandie 2 for 14.90 euro and I started DCS and took the UH1H to wander over Paris and London and I was surprised to have the new Normandy map in high resolution without having to download anything self, Cool ED thank you for this update even if I have a little stuttering in raz mound.
Wait for the improvement of this one like the other cards and everything will be fine.
Not yet to try in VR it will be for tomorrow Saturday and I will come back for a comment.
Thank you again for this wonderful card.👍👏🤗

I have found Paris is a bit blurred in VR,  namely, the structures are there but the images are blurred for some reason . Am I the only one who experienced this?

The parts of the new map overlapping the original Normandy map seem to be sharper in comparison with the parts of the map in Paris.

Have not tried London yet.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dock999 said:

I have found Paris is a bit blurred in VR,  namely, the structures are there but the images are blurred for some reason . Am I the only one who experienced this?

The parts of the new map overlapping the original Normandy map seem to be sharper in comparison with the parts of the map in Paris.

Have not tried London yet.

could be 3 reasons:

- you didn't purchase Normandy 2 or Normandy 2 upgrade

- you are not running OpenBeta

- you're on Steam (currently there's a problem with Steam users, they get only low resolution textures, I'm one of them). You can comment in this thread: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

could be 3 reasons:

- you didn't purchase Normandy 2 or Normandy 2 upgrade

- you are not running OpenBeta

- you're on Steam (currently there's a problem with Steam users, they get only low resolution textures, I'm one of them). You can comment in this thread: 

I bought the Normandy 2 indeed.  My module management indicates the installed version is Normandy 2 rather than Normandy .

I am on Open Beta as well and I runs DCS on standalone version .

If no one else has had similar issue .that will be my system problem.

• Like 1