An update on DCS: Kola Map would be appreciated!

4 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Hawk…?!

I'm guessing it's the old VEAO one - it's still in the unit list, albeit AI only.

Edited by Northstar98
Duplicate
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

3 hours ago, rkk01 said:

I thought the old Hawk wasn’t compatible with the recent versions of DCS…?

Who knows.  It's probably AI only at this point.  The other units they chose for that batch of screenshots were also interesting.  The only one that wasn't AI only was the MiG-29.  They also chose to use the old potato quality F-16 and F-18 AI units.  And then the Hawk too, not sure what they were thinking when they picked those planes to showcase their map.

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

9 minutes ago, Stackup said:

…  And then the Hawk too, not sure what they were thinking when they picked those planes to showcase their map.

😂    Dunno really, but it's like they're map makers and only that and apparently they don't use or know the sim at all and just took it for the video. It'd make sense, perhaps, I guess, but well…

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Could this maybe mean it's close to release?

image.png

• Like 5

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I mean, it means it's being tested, but by the looks of some of the screenshots (largely showing the same area and even there you can see areas they need work) IMO suggest that we've still got quite a bit of waiting to do.

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, sirrah said:

Could this maybe mean it's close to release?

image.png

Testing could last for years.

It does appear they are aiming at 2024 release based on various things said. But I wouldn't be surprised if its late 2024.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

6 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Testing could last for years.

It does appear they are aiming at 2024 release based on various things said. But I wouldn't be surprised if its late 2024.

I understand, but isn't 4YA "just" an independent group of DCS enthusiasts?

I mean, 4YA has no official connection with Orbx, do they?

I'd expect Orbx to do their own MP (performance strain) testing and wait with sharing it to "public" testers, until they are quit close to release.

But yes, this is probably me just hoping 😉

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

3 minutes ago, sirrah said:

I understand, but isn't 4YA "just" an independent group of DCS enthusiasts?

I mean, 4YA has no official connection with Orbx, do they?

I'd expect Orbx to do their own MP (performance strain) testing and wait with sharing it to "public" testers, until they are quit close to release.

But yes, this is probably me just hoping 😉

They might simply borrow their server. Or yes could be something more.

I guess one would have to ask Orbx and/or 4YA

17 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

They might simply borrow their server. Or yes could be something more.

I guess one would have to ask Orbx and/or 4YA

I wonder is ORBX will list DCS stuff on their home page products list?

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 7:23 PM, tripod3 said:

bumped just to let here be at least one post in February, to support the team

Well if it is support and interest they need:

WHERE IS MY MAP?! 

I WANT MY MAP!! 

GIVE ME MY MAP!!!

I NEEEEEEEEED ITTTTTTTT!!!

KOLA KOLA KOLA KOLA! 

So pretty please can you finish the map so we can fight in the arctic? 

I'm sure it will be awesome 😊

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 3:23 AM, tripod3 said:

bumped just to let here be at least one post in February, to support the team

what  support the team? did you support what? 🤣

They are working hard. Don't rush them. Pls Act like an adult.

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new to report here? Dates, beta or anything? I hope ORBX can give some kind of clue to all of us waiting for this map, especially now that there have been many clips and screenshots from it. 

• Like 9

A-4E, F-5, F-18, F-16, UH-1H, KA-50 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Larzei said:

ED published a fresh youtube short on 12.april: ´´Can you name this map?´´  

Yes I think we can. 

Honestly can't tell the difference between Kola and SA on that video.

Sure Norwegian F16 livery is a hint.

But the fact it looks so much like SA up high. I'm worried this will look and preform like SA down low too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Honestly can't tell the difference between Kola and SA on that video.

Sure Norwegian F16 livery is a hint.

But the fact it looks so much like SA up high. I'm worried this will look and preform like SA down low too.

It is next to ´´saltfjellet´´ south of Bodo. Hopefully they have learnt something from SA even tho it´s a different team, but yeah performance will be crucial. 

A-4E, F-5, F-18, F-16, UH-1H, KA-50 

28 minutes ago, Larzei said:

It is next to ´´saltfjellet´´ south of Bodo. Hopefully they have learnt something from SA even tho it´s a different team, but yeah performance will be crucial. 

I wanna fly low through the valleys in my F16 and have it look good. Not sit there in VR with ugly low resolution textures thrown in my face.

• Like 2

For those curious on the Morse code heard in that video, it says “coming soon”

Characters as I heard them (backslash as character separator)
 - . - . / - - - / - - / . . / - . / - - . / <pause> / . . . / - - - / - - - / - .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Very cool teaser/troll if the map is released this week, if it comes in a few months, that it wasn't a particularly good thing hype/selling point vise.

Could it be a T-45 Goshawk with a Hawk livery in the video? 

After a bit of careful consideration I tend to agree with what’s been posted earlier. I.E. Where is my map!! Gimme the map!! KOLA!! KOLA!! KOLA!! Ooh gimme, ooh Kola, ooh gimme, ooh Kola Kola… So to speak 🙂.