Request for Community to update B52, B1, S3, CH-53E models as ED can't seem to do it

• ED Team
1 minute ago, currenthill said:

I personally think you're doing a great job, especially at keeping the quality high. I mean, the change logs clearly tells the story with all fixes, changes and additions!

And I don't mean to be argumentative, but if you were to put all your resources at creating AI assets, wouldn't the outcome have been very different? Hence, that is per se the definition of prioritization. That said, I don't disagree with your priorities, it's a balance act for sure. 👍🏻

If we were to put all our resources into creating AI assets it might be somewhat faster, but then what happens to the rest of the sim, features, modules etc that depend on the hard work of these very same 3D artists? Its not realistic to focus all on one aspect, nor would there be many more people doing this work. Its not like an FM designer or core programmer can just switch over to 3D modelling. 

I appreciate and love the work you and other modders are doing, but what you are doing is only a small slice of the gigantic DCS pie that we need to balance out and keep moving forward. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Just now, NineLine said:

If we were to put all our resources into creating AI assets it might be somewhat faster, but then what happens to the rest of the sim, features, modules etc that depend on the hard work of these very same 3D artists? Its not realistic to focus all on one aspect, nor would there be many more people doing this work. Its not like an FM designer or core programmer can just switch over to 3D modelling. 

I appreciate and love the work you and other modders are doing, but what you are doing is only a small slice of the gigantic DCS pie that we need to balance out and keep moving forward. 

I think you misread my post. I agree with your priorities. I was merely pointing out the fact that you clearly have priorities, which of course controls your output. Nothing more, nothing less. I work as the CPO at a large insurance company, I very well understand the prioritization balance act required. 👌🏻

• Like 3

• ED Team
Just now, currenthill said:

I think you misread my post. I agree with your priorities. I was merely pointing out the fact that you clearly have priorities, which of course controls your output. Nothing more, nothing less. I work as the CPO at a large insurance company, I very well understand the prioritization balance act required. 👌🏻

I apologize, I most likely did misread. By the way, love your work. Would love to see you do something official with ED someday. Keep it up.

• Like 8

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

1 minute ago, NineLine said:

I apologize, I most likely did misread. By the way, love your work. Would love to see you do something official with ED someday. Keep it up.

Thanks! 🫡

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, currenthill said:

I personally think you're doing a great job, especially at keeping the quality high. I mean, the change logs clearly tells the story with all fixes, changes and additions!

And I don't mean to be argumentative, but if you were to put all your resources at creating AI assets, wouldn't the outcome have been very different? Hence, that is per se the definition of prioritization. That said, I don't disagree with your priorities, it's a balance act for sure. 👍🏻

A way more elegant way to put it. As I did say the community mods definitely get us by while other things are being addressed. It just sucks to hear the same thing, again, and again. Hence the OP's initial post of us hearing about the same AI updates for years. I would love to use strictly ED models, but it is not immersive to fight ED modeled stand ins for missing assets. 

• Like 3

@NineLine I will finish with this. I probably look like an ass to some. However, every great person, idea, or item has had a web of criticism behind them. It's important to know the good and the bad. You do a very hard job of dealing with the public opinion. I know as an RV Service Manager, dealing with rich people, with their rich toys. I'm behind you guys every step of the way as you guys have influenced me to leave my job and pursue aviation someday. For that, I can't thank enough. Have a good day all. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, currenthill said:

...you have a day job Currenthill?!! We all thought you worked 24/7 on creating mods for DSC?

Anyway thanks for all your amazing work you do for the DCS community 👏

How we imagined you 😀

thor 1.png

Edited by ggrewe
Spelling
  • Like 10

@NineLine I guess my question would be.. we’ve been seeing the B-1 bomber in many promos over several months… it looks really good and complete. What exactly is the issue causing the delay in release. It’s just a model after all correct?
also I believe the S3 remodel was announced before the b1. Haven’t seen anything of that in promos 😥

ty 🙏🏻

• Like 3

On 9/1/2023 at 6:23 AM, Hairdo1-1 said:

@NineLine I guess my question would be.. we’ve been seeing the B-1 bomber in many promos over several months… it looks really good and complete. What exactly is the issue causing the delay in release. It’s just a model after all correct?
also I believe the S3 remodel was announced before the b1. Haven’t seen anything of that in promos 😥

ty 🙏🏻

You Saw Flyby Shots w/ Minimal Animations, no Weapons Deployment, No Countermeasures, etc etc etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Every time someone asks for a particular improvement of the AI assets (the things to do Combat in Digital Combat Simulation) gets two answers:

- We can't alocate ALL our resources to do AI. (I have never seen anyone asking for that) 

- Most people are happy with the current thing.

If you are lucky enough, someone may drop by and tell you that AI assets are free, so you don't have the right to say anything. 

There has been a general improvement in the last years but this issue has been neglected and understandbly there are lots of things to do now. But here we are, in 2023, with lots AI units still reminiscent of Flaming Cliffs and year and a half long teasers of a B-1 / 52 with a Heatblur level of detail. 

Worst of all, it's not just the looks - We all got use to Kneel RPG Guy - It is that now some modders have made evident how AI assets should/could perform when taken care of and polished - just try the vanilla USN ships against CH's. Go try the Tor and compare. It is sad.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2023 at 5:23 AM, Hairdo1-1 said:

ty 🙏🏻

Maybe a thought would be to stop showcasing assets in videos years before they release with the caption "Soon"  and maybe only a couple weeks before they drop on a pack would be nice. Just a thought.

Thanks again @currenthill for all of your work.  I do appreciate the time and effort going into stockpiling content and keeping things interesting and more avenues to pursue with mission creation.  First class sir. 

• Like 3

I am no modder for certain, I know next to nothing about 3d stuff, meshes etc, but as a mission maker I can tell you that current state of AI/Static objects in general is very much in disarray. AI aircraft damage modelling is absolutely terrible.

I recently built a mission that has a 4 ship of Mi-24p, 4 ship of SU-24s and Su-25s attacking a large FOB at various intervals. Air defenses are NASAMS, Bradley Linebacker M6 and the Vulcan point defense vehicle. I watched as the Mi-24s ate so many missiles, so many gun rounds and just kept on flying, same with SU-24s, just taking impossible amounts of damage without killing them.

Trying to make a realistic scenario in which you would strike C3, POL, air bases, railways, etc is impossible to do even remotely. The only thing there really is to do is just shoot AI ground vehicles all day in a mission or transport supplies. 

Thats not to mention static objects, the inability to late activate or group them and unable to "kill" them, getting kill messages or trigger actions from. Only a few generic static buildings are able to be destroyed. To hear that it takes time to do all of these things is understandable but to fix these issues alone would be to increase the immersion level 10 fold. 

Im sure im going to get incoming trash about this but it is the truth nonetheless.

• Like 4

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

6 hours ago, 104th_Money said:

I am no modder for certain, I know next to nothing about 3d stuff, meshes etc, but as a mission maker I can tell you that current state of AI/Static objects in general is very much in disarray. AI aircraft damage modelling is absolutely terrible.

I recently built a mission that has a 4 ship of Mi-24p, 4 ship of SU-24s and Su-25s attacking a large FOB at various intervals. Air defenses are NASAMS, Bradley Linebacker M6 and the Vulcan point defense vehicle. I watched as the Mi-24s ate so many missiles, so many gun rounds and just kept on flying, same with SU-24s, just taking impossible amounts of damage without killing them.

Trying to make a realistic scenario in which you would strike C3, POL, air bases, railways, etc is impossible to do even remotely. The only thing there really is to do is just shoot AI ground vehicles all day in a mission or transport supplies. 

Thats not to mention static objects, the inability to late activate or group them and unable to "kill" them, getting kill messages or trigger actions from. Only a few generic static buildings are able to be destroyed. To hear that it takes time to do all of these things is understandable but to fix these issues alone would be to increase the immersion level 10 fold. 

Im sure im going to get incoming trash about this but it is the truth nonetheless.

I find that with many russian assets in this game.  They are a little OP, when it comes to the DM with the KA / MI / SU series ai. Especially the MI-8

• Like 1

• ED Team
11 hours ago, 104th_Money said:

When you see things like this, making bug reports with tracks is the best approach, I am always very happy to report these issues with the team. In fact we just fixed an issue where a helo damaged on the ground or damaged and able to land could become indestructible. So please make bug reports when you see these things, its as easy as making the post you made here, thanks!

• Like 1

64Sig.png

@NineLine

Unfortunately this particular mission is heavily based on triggered actions and the helos and planes don't come into play without at least a few people on and certain taskings completed. So would not be easy for me to duplicate unless I were to just make a mission with solely those assets in there. 

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

• 2 weeks later...

29 September 2023

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,:pilotfly: 

DCS 2.9 is coming soon! You can expect to see the all-new Voice Chat Radio features, warbird improvements, new 3D models including the S-300, the S-3B, the B-1B, B-52H, support for Nvidia DLSS and much, much more! Please read the details below to see what’s in store.

(---cut---)

Eagle Dynamics

DCS 2.9

Expectations

Hero1.png

Included in the latest DCS 2.9 build are five months of development work that you have not yet had the opportunity to see.  We are thankful to all our QA and Closed Beta Testers for their invaluable time in helping to shape the DCS of tomorrow. 

What to expect in DCS 2.9 and later in no particular order:

• New Voice Chat features and immersive radio effects
  • Datalink improvements for F-16C, F/A-18C, A-10C II, AH-64D
  • New cinematic camera view 
  • New 3D models like B-1B Lancer, B-52H, S-3B, S-3 Tanker, C-RAM, S-300PS
  • AI aircraft behaviour improvements
  • Troops transport on player-controlled vehicle
  • Nvidia DLSS support
  • And more….

We look forward to sharing more about the list of new features coming to DCS 2.9 in an upcoming newsletter. Please stay tuned! 

• Like 3

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Kola, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg