next OB update speculation

giullep

I'm afraid something like DLSS has to be "shotgun-committed", for a simple reason: beyond a certain point, dev builds will all transition to this new feature. When that happens, it's no longer practical to test the new stuff on older builds, and to maintain multiple branches, one of which will be a dead end. So, we keep waiting, and we'll have a huge batch of features to test.

It is quite possible 2.9 will have more bugs than usual. This is usually deal with by a hotfix. Big milestones can be like that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I'm afraid something like DLSS has to be "shotgun-committed", for a simple reason: beyond a certain point, dev builds will all transition to this new feature. When that happens, it's no longer practical to test the new stuff on older builds, and to maintain multiple branches, one of which will be a dead end. So, we keep waiting, and we'll have a huge batch of features to test.

It is quite possible 2.9 will have more bugs than usual. This is usually deal with by a hotfix. Big milestones can be like that.

I thought it might be something like that. Sounds like a nightmare implement and test. Unfortunately I won’t see the benefit of DLSS if I understand it correctly. But I am looking forward to the other new features. Hopefully it gods smoothly on the rollout. Like I said I’m glad to see the core behind updated. 

1 hour ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Sing me up! I'm going to be as outraged as I was after the release of the new cloud system 🙂 DCS beta builds are often equivalent to "production releases" of many other software  projects anyway. Excluding graphical glitches that is.

— New small update/patch once or twice a month… People: that was a weak patch, where’s this and this and that😡 — New huge comprehensive update/ patch every two months… People: that took way to long, this better not be how it is from now on 😡😂

Jokes aside. I’m happy ED cares enough to continually update/ patch/ bring more new features more frequently than any other game in history (opinion, no supporting data)😁… and allow people mod it to their hearts content. In my very novice/ limited experience with anything code related, its hard enough to even get a gauge in one of these aircraft to function. It’s mind blowing to me that they do what they do on such a massive scale. The delayed release for MT was worth the extra wait. I’m sure this will be no different. Forget DLSS, datalinks and all that. Its worth it if the AI will actually behave like they’re supposed to and do what they’re told! Can you imagine… Landing in formation with your ai wingman and they’re not bobbing up and down right off your wingtip like they’re hitting doubles on a MX track?!?! Or ejecting the second they hit bingo fuel?!?!😂

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 3

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

8 hours ago, MadKreator said:

I’m happy ED cares enough to continually update/ patch/ bring more new features more frequently than any other game in history (opinion, no supporting data)😁

Apart from long running MPORPGs like WoW, that could very well be true....🤔 

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• ED Team
13 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

This is why we have open beta which is a public test build. What we may miss or can not test due to hardware or software configurations we will see happen in open beta. Then the goal will be to ensure 2.9 open beta is tweaked enough before any push to a stable DCS version update. 

thanks

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.  Really looking forward to finally getting the new AI models they've been teasing especially the S-3.

S-3B Viking.jpg

S-3s.jpg

• Like 4

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

Next patch update date (drum rolling) to be announced, once again. I am busy these weeks so I can wait.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• ED Team

Open Beta Public testing build

Current version number: DCS Open Beta 2.8.8.43704
Next update: To be announced.

Dear all, we continue to prepare 2.9 internally and would like to thank our testers for their efforts testing 2.9
We will share a patch date with you all as soon as we are ready, however there will be no patch this week. 

Thank you again for your patience 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

20 ore fa, BIGNEWY ha scritto:

Open Beta Public testing build

Current version number: DCS Open Beta 2.8.8.43704
Next update: To be announced.

Dear all, we continue to prepare 2.9 internally and would like to thank our testers for their efforts testing 2.9
We will share a patch date with you all as soon as we are ready, however there will be no patch this week. 

Thank you again for your patience 

this time I congratulate you... usually there is a lack of communication and you never know anything and this always creates discomfort. updating users in this way is very functional and correct! so although as always waiting for the patch is unnerving, with this effective communication it is much easier... very good, thank you…bravi!

• Like 16

A thought out to the dev teams at this point.  Merging what is likely to be a LOT of complex code releases, then trying to hammer out identified issues, all under the scrutiny of the pressure of trying to get it out the door.

My thanks to all within ED.  It’s a massive team effort so rarely thanked by actual users.

• Like 5

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Adding DLSS to an old engine and in a way that is actually useful - meaning the cockpit is not affected must be a huge task and i hope ED takes as long as it takes to get it right because proper DLSS implementation seems to be our only hope for great VR performance before we get Vulkan.

Thanks for letting us know in advance if there will be a patch or not in advance, i plan to take the whole weekend off to enjoy it when it drops!

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

• ED Team
17 minutes ago, Grodin said:

Adding DLSS to an old engine and in a way that is actually useful - meaning the cockpit is not affected must be a huge task and i hope ED takes as long as it takes to get it right because proper DLSS implementation seems to be our only hope for great VR performance before we get Vulkan.

Thanks for letting us know in advance if there will be a patch or not in advance, i plan to take the whole weekend off to enjoy it when it drops!

DLSS works well for me in VR, you have various quality settings while using DLSS, if you want more frames and set to performance then you will reduce quality. So it will be about finding the right balance for you personally. 

thanks

• Like 7

What is the DLSS version? 2 or 3.5? Both versions support all RTX cards.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

As it is in all games that use DLSS. And afaik DLSS always affects the whole frame. But I have no deeper knowledge of this.... 

Elimination or improper scaling of small details (I figure, that is what @Grodin fears in regards to the cockpit/instruments) used to be a problem with earlier iterations of DLSS, but from DLSS 2.0 onwards that should be in large be resolved. And I believe that is the verison we get, no?

6 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

DLSS works well for me in VR, you have various quality settings while using DLSS, if you want more frames and set to performance then you will reduce quality. So it will be about finding the right balance for you personally. 

thanks

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• ED Team
Just now, ThorBrasil said:

What is the DLSS version? 2 or 3.5? Both versions support all RTX cards.

3+ final version will depend on tweaks and ongoing testing

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

3+ final version will depend on tweaks and ongoing testing

Thanks for answering! Very good to know that it is version 3+. Thanks!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.