DCS Authorization Failed - 400?

HC_Official

If some of you still have this issue, can you please try the following and report back if that helped:

Open a cmd.exe as Administrator and run the following two commands:

ipconfig /flushdns
arp -d 

Then reboot and try again. Report back please, if that helped. We're only talking about error code 400, nothing else.

1 hour ago, Special K said:

If some of you still have this issue, can you please try the following and report back if that helped:

ipconfig /flushdns
arp -d 

Then reboot and try again. Report back please, if that helped. We're only talking about error code 400, nothing else.

Sure. I will try and let you know.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

7 hours ago, Special K said:

ipconfig /flushdns
arp -d 

I just did the dns flush bit. Loaded DCS OB, no trouble. Closed it and reloaded it twice more afterwards, still ok so far. Maybe I just got a lucky hat-trick I couldn't say? Will post no doubt if it plays up tomorrow.

• Like 1

Lately I got the error 400 problem. Did the series of fixes suggested on the forums. And now, I get no error but everything is gone. The video provided is AFTER I did a full repair of DCS. I cant even do instant action or anything because even the free modules are inaccessible. 

Also, it seems like the modules I own does not show up at the bottom of the main menu.

Edited by Picure

i have activated them and restarted. this is what i get

ok, ED really needs to let the user know which side the button means activated. I thought the button to the left means activated because its brighter colored. also, the text says enabled/disabled making me think that to the left means enabled. 

its working now

26 minutes ago, Picure said:

I thought the button to the left means activated because its brighter colored.

It turns green when you slide it to the right. Haven't you used any iOS or Android options in your life?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

29 minutes ago, draconus said:

It turns green when you slide it to the right. Haven't you used any iOS or Android options in your life?

I have, but just forgot 😂

Or at least make the “activated” colors more bright and alive. I seriously thought that to the right was off and to the left was on. On iOS I have no problem seeing if its on or off

Edited by Picure

this is from another server I manage that lives in a completely different country (france)

There are 3 DCS servers on this box, the first instance crapped out with this message then the other 2 started up correctly without any problems (time between each start-up is 40 seconds)

image.png

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• ED Team

Threads merged. 

I  have no new news to share. 

Current situation is: Our login server reports no issues, we have enabled debug to look for clues. Error 400 is random, usually a DCS restart or PC reboot helps. 

If I get anything from the team I will pass it on. 

thank you

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Fortunately, it's really not a big problem. Restarting DCS fixes the problem every time.

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Flia said:

Fortunately, it's really not a big problem. Restarting DCS fixes the problem every time.

Its very annoying, and a mystery at the moment, those are the worst things. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I find it worrying ED are not seeing any errors in the master server log files, for each bad / malformed request that arrives it really should be logging that in the error file

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

• ED Team
14 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

I find it worrying ED are not seeing any errors in the master server log files, for each bad / malformed request that arrives it really should be logging that in the error file

Which is why we suspect it is something outside of our control 

if your server is getting a bad data packet and rejecting it as malformed request, then it should be logging an error, the 400 response is being sent from your master server to the clients, the 400 doesnt appear out of the blue

Did you ever find out if it attempts this once (login to master server) and gives up or tries multiple times ?

No more pre-orders

• ED Team
28 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

if your server is getting a bad data packet and rejecting it as malformed request, then it should be logging an error, the 400 response is being sent from your master server to the clients, the 400 doesnt appear out of the blue

Did you ever find out if it attempts this once (login to master server) and gives up or tries multiple times ?

I can only tell you what admin is telling me, as mentioned it is a mystery at the moment. 

regarding login attempts, it is one. 

thanks

I also recived few time this pop up yesterday. I noticed that it was present (mostly), when I open DCS as 2D and next as VR, if the next will be the same like before (2D or VR) no issue, but when I swited beteween those environments I recived this info (1 time only). MT.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team

Thanks YoYo.

As far as we can tell there is no pattern, it is random. ST / MT, VR or 2D we have had reports of it happening for all. 

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb HC_Official:

Can you try the suggestion I posted above with the DNS flush / ARP cache clear please?

400 can come if your client sends a wrong routing, bases on DNS changes that might have happend on the route. That's what I suggest atm, but it's not verified properly yet.

I must report so far the solution with the DNS flush / ARP cache clear doesnt help. After 4 startups  of DCS today i got error code 400 again.

Edited by Flia

I've had this problem recently and it lasted several days, so my saved authorization was no longer valid. Using the tracert utility I found that my internet provider had created a routing nightmare with multiple stations and some showing long delays. This caused a time-out and access to the authorization server failed. Somebody suggested a work-around which worked for me: Use VPN and select a location really different from where you are.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

and again approx 59 minutes ago on my local server , all reports I am making are from using the dedicated DCS server trying to login and not the client FYI

I think you lads are going to have to add re-try attempts because a one shot approach is just not working reliably anymore

Have you network engineers tried to use a packet sniffer to examine the login request packets as they come in ?

image.png

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Can you try the suggestion I posted above with the DNS flush / ARP cache clear please?

400 can come if your client sends a wrong routing, bases on DNS changes that might have happend on the route. That's what I suggest atm, but it's not verified properly yet.

tried it and it makes no difference, it is a crap shoot if the login works or not

@BIGNEWY the master server work that happened a few weeks ago was that to move the master server to its new home in switzerland ?

I also noticed when examining the tracert data that a few of the IP's nearest the server are infact Dynamic IP's and not static

Edited by HC_Official
  • Like 1

No more pre-orders

• ED Team

Please be patient the team may have found solution, and we should see improvement by the end of the day. 

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1