F-18 Comms Menu works "off and on"

CyberJohnny

Hello, post the update I have been having problems with the "Comms Menu" ( Only with the F-18 module). 

Both in the Air, deck or ground it does not work (at least not consistently).

I re-binded the keyboard, and HOTAS buttons -- no change.

Frequencies were correct, even tried the "easy comms" option.

Anyone else have this issue? Any Solutions?

Thank you

Yes, me too. Harrier/Apache. Neither works. F keys work as per usual but the keybinds do not do anything. have also tried alternate controllers. Zip.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

16 hours ago, Ratcatcher said:

Yes, me too. Harrier/Apache. Neither works. F keys work as per usual but the keybinds do not do anything. have also tried alternate controllers. Zip.

I'm having this issue as well, with the new menu navigation bind option, I have no issue with the menu working when using F1-F12/clicking, but the new navigation binds only work once then not again. I think we're having a different issue to OP. 

I have no mods installed and I tried HOTAS bound comms menu after first 2.9 OB patch.

I found similar behavior - F keys always work, HOTAS binds only sometimes.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

@FlappieI do not have that mod installed.

I removed Viacom Pro (latest public release) and since that was removed and did a full repair, everything has been working correctly.

Unfortunately, this isn't the silver bullet for everyone as derfritz had already tried that but still had issues until removing Taz1004 UI TextSize Mod. But hope the info goes towards understanding the problem.

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

The old "Command menu" using "\" doesnt appear to work as it once did. In the past you could do all your radio calls to AI, ATC, air-refueling, JTAC using the command menu as long as you had your radio tuned.

Now it appears that commands have to be done using the the radio 1/2 call menu function, which is a PITA.

Also the radio call menus will work differently depending on the flavour of the aircraft.

In the F-15, once you select a radio menu, it will key the radio in transmit and wont stop until you have selected a call command from the menu and it has transmitted it.

In the F-16 you can select the a radio menu, choose you command, then it will key the radio and send the message, then un-key.

It looks like the old command menu using "\" (which was perfect for using the radio with AI stuff) is either bugged or its functionality has been removed.

I really do hope its just bugged.

1 hour ago, Se1ko said:

In the past you could do all your radio calls to AI, ATC, air-refueling, JTAC using the command menu as long as you had your radio tuned.

It worked that way only if you had "easy comms" option selected.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently upgraded to 2.9 OB and am noticing problems with both F-14 and F-18 modules.  I always use easy comms (and have verified this is selected in the options menu) and it almost works initially, but then at some point during some mission, it simply stops.  It allows me to bring up the menu, and work my way through the option tree, but when I select the transmission, it never goes out.  This makes refueling impossible, as well as maintaining SA to the threat much harder since I can no longer request the picture from AIC.   Anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1

F-18C/F-14/P-51/F-86 Pico4/Quest2 VR with Intel Core i9 3.0GHZ 24 -Core, 16GB, GeForce RTX 4070 ti

Comms menu only works while on the ground. In the air you need to use the two radios specifically with the Comm1 and Comm2 radio menus. Sorry if irrelevant here.

Though I never used Easya comms, dunno if different in that case.

Edited by Razor18

Not sure if the exact same issue as the OP, but I'm getting a comm menu issue where it stops working after the first command, and able to repro this 100% when using modifiers.

Confirmed on open beta, with F5 & F18 (but suspect this is all a/c), happens whether you use hotas button as modifier (ie. pinky button) or default modifier kb keys (ie. shift/ctrl etc).

The comm menu will work with modifier until the first command is issued - for example, after bringing up comm menu, you can cycle next/prev and use select to go to sub-menus & back without issue. However, once a command is issued and the menu clears, the next time you bring up the comm menu it no longer recognizes the modifier so the next/prev/select no longer work.  The modifier itself is still working as normal with other controls, so this seems to be specific to comm menu.

Quick workaround for me is to not use modifiers for these - so any un-modified keys, or hotas buttons will work.

Hope that helps others getting this issue.

• Thanks 1