Final release date prediction

_BringTheReign_

Honestly, guys, just take it easy, don't think about it, focus on real life and your jobs/studies and it'll be here before you even notice how much time as passed.

In any case...

1 hour ago, Viper33 said:

there is no date, live, unedited gameplay or a Steam preorder ...

We have the video series, that started on February 16th: for comparison, the first F-14 featurette video was released Decembre 24th 2018 and the module was out March 13th, 2019, approximately 3 months later. So, the Phantom could get out in late spring, but I do believe that this time around HB is going to be faster than with the Tomcat (they're more experienced and have new software tools to use); while I'm not ruling out March, yet, I think we'll fly Spooks in April.

EDIT: By the way, there's another thing to consider, that make me optimist about the release date. The F-14 manual was online February 10th, 2019, about a month before release. So, the Phantom could really be just a very few weeks from release (F-4 manual was released January 26th, 2024).

Edited by Gianky
  • Like 1

The mission creep issue causes us frustration. While we enjoy the excitement of a new featurette showcasing the phantom, the feelings of frustration return once the video ends. While we read general information saying release Q1 2024, that is all we know.

A better way to manage experiences and expectations is to give more specific release dates. 

Edited by Mike Force Team
  • Like 2

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

A better way to manage experiences and expectations is to give more specific release dates. 

we can not give specific release dates until we are 100% sure of them, you may not like that, but that is how it is. 

thanks

• Like 9

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The other thing to consider is whose hands final release is in. HB might have a release candidate that they could push out the door (and have it be a version that is worthy of first release), and ED still would have to pick it up and test and verify everything before final final release. So even if they complete it within their Winter 23/24 window, have it shipped to ED and in the same state as what the consumer ultimately grabs, I can already hear the cavalcade of comments saying THEY LIED!!! about releasing in winter, even if it were to drop on something like the 26th of March. 

They gave us a timeline, let's give them some faith (and some reasonable assumptions of wiggle room on that, too).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LorenLuke said:

The other thing to consider is whose hands final release is in. HB might have a release candidate that they could push out the door (and have it be a version that is worthy of first release), and ED still would have to pick it up and test and verify everything before final final release. So even if they complete it within their Winter 23/24 window, have it shipped to ED and in the same state as what the consumer ultimately grabs, I can already hear the cavalcade of comments saying THEY LIED!!! about releasing in winter, even if it were to drop on something like the 26th of March. 

They gave us a timeline, let's give them some faith (and some reasonable assumptions of wiggle room on that, too).

Let us be candid. Even if they released it today, the same people grumbling about a release date now would proclaim that HB missed their deadline.

Those determined to be unhappy in life usually succeed. I’m determined to enjoy this module when it comes out, whether that’s 2024 or some other year in the future.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

Let us be candid. Even if they released it today, the same people grumbling about a release date now would proclaim that HB missed their deadline.

Those determined to be unhappy in life usually succeed. I’m determined to enjoy this module when it comes out, whether that’s 2024 or some other year in the future.

That’s what happened with the F16 module, people screamed for an early release with minimal features so they could get their hands on it, then complained like hell that it wasn’t up to standard. 

• Like 2

IronMike said on Discord that HB is currently right on track with their timeline. He also said if by any unforeseen circumstances they miss the said timeline they will give immediate notice to us. So any further speculation is completely pointless…let’s take the man by his word and see what happens. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Viper33 said:

Last day of February today and 20 days left for winter 2023/24. Given there is no date, live, unedited gameplay or a Steam preorder this does not look promising.

They've literally said it's ready bar performance optimisation, which is the current focus. I'm really not bothered if they don't give it to people to fly early to make videos. I found the whole F15E launch incredibly tedious seeing all these videos appear on my YouTube feed.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, mondo said:

They've literally said it's ready bar performance optimisation, which is the current focus. I'm really not bothered if they don't give it to people to fly early to make videos. I found the whole F15E launch incredibly tedious seeing all these videos appear on my YouTube feed.

I don't mind Youtuber previews/tutorials, as long as not more than 48hrs before the release.. otherwise it is super-frustrating

- Michael

Intel Core i7 13700K | RTX 4070 | ASUS TUF Z690 | Pimax Crystal | Virpil/Warthog HOTAS

Hmm, I‘d rather have some interesting/informative/eye-candy videos while I‘m waiting than nothing. I need to wait anyway, so I may as well be entertained in the mean time. 

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

8 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

we can not give specific release dates until we are 100% sure of them, you may not like that, but that is how it is. 

thanks

HA!  I lost count of the number of times you made that mistake.  Not sure how you got all the tar and feathers out of your fur, but I'm sure it took some industrial licking...

Winter of 24 hasn't happened yet.  In the southern hemisphere...

22 hours ago, LorenLuke said:

Indeed. Remember that with the merger of the OB and Stable, ED is now planning with an average release schedule of 6 weeks between updates.

image.png

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

Indeed. Remember that with the merger of the OB and Stable, ED is now planning with an average release schedule of 6 weeks between updates.

image.png

That does not necessarily mean WE have to wait another six weeks, though. ED can roll out a feature patch for the F-4E at any time they want to. Example? RAZBAMs F-15E back in June last year. So the release timeline can still be met…no worries there.

3 minutes ago, Tango3B said:

That does not necessarily mean WE have to wait another six weeks, though. ED can roll out a feature patch for the F-4E at any time they want to. Example? RAZBAMs F-15E back in June last year. So the release timeline can still be met…no worries there.

The F-15E was released when there was still the OB with a much more rapid release schedule.

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

The F-15E was released when there was still the OB with a much more rapid release schedule.

Is the 6 week turnaround between releases a hard limit though (as in they can't possibly do it more often than that now without undue risk) or just what ED currently want to work to in terms of work planning and release cadence?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

True. But there can still be feature patches for the new merger between OB & Stable, right? Right. There’s no reason not to roll out such patches in certain scenarios. This is one such scenario. Again, this is indeed pure speculation on my part but why wouldn’t ED take such an opportunity? 

True. But there can still be feature patches for the new merger between OB & Stable, right? Right. There’s no reason not to roll out such patches in certain scenarios. This is one such scenario. Again, this is indeed pure speculation on my part but why wouldn’t ED take such an opportunity? 
Why would they with all the complaints? I even asked if it was possible to have hot fixes solely for campaigns, because they always seems to break. But that wasn't possible currently. My take on it as that they are reworking the patch system, so we can have hotfixes with new modules or there want be that many modules each year, as it seems that no two are released together.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

image.thumb.png.38fd74004144c4ae4d8c5f5a0791e19a.png
So, we'll have the Kiowa in five weeks and the Phantom in eleven?

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Why would they with all the complaints? emoji6.png I even asked if it was possible to have hot fixes solely for campaigns, because they always seems to break. But that wasn't possible currently. My take on it as that they are reworking the patch system, so we can have hotfixes with new modules or there want be that many modules each year, as it seems that no two are released together.

So, we'll have the Kiowa in five weeks and the Phantom in eleven? emoji6.png

Yeah, maybe I am wrong and you are absolutely right with your statement. Thing is, we simply do not know yet how ED will handle such things in the future. My point is based on the fact that I think that the F-4E is probably the most anticipated module in the history of DCS, yet. I guess, we will see...we have absolutely no control over these things and in either case I can live with the decision making of ED and HB in this case...I would even take the Kiowa. Not a bad module at all.

Yeah, maybe I am wrong and you are absolutely right with your statement. Thing is, we simply do not know yet how ED will handle such things in the future. My point is based on the fact that I think that the F-4E is probably the most anticipated module in the history of DCS, yet. I guess, we will see...we have absolutely no control over these things and in either case I can live with the decision making of ED and HB in this case...I would even take the Kiowa. Not a bad module at all.
I agree with this!