stuttering on 2.9

34 minutes ago, SteelSlav said:

everytime I spawn in an aicraft I have to switch my CPU affinity (got 4 cores, i5-7500) from 4 to 1 core. Having done this, I enter the game back in and have to alt-tab again and set CPU affinity again to 4 cores and I have no issues thereafter, almost running smoother than I usually did.

Just to chime in, also got a 4 Core CPU (i5-4690k) and after weeks of trying so many settings and "solutions", this actually fixes the freezes and stuttering for me and transforms 2.9 from unplayable to almost as smooth as 2.8 was. Thanks for posting this!

• Like 3

5 minuti fa, Squidfall ha scritto:

Just to chime in, also got a 4 Core CPU (i5-4690k) and after weeks of trying so many settings and "solutions", this actually fixes the freezes and stuttering for me and transforms 2.9 from unplayable to almost as smooth as 2.8 was. Thanks for posting this!

Very glad to help, can't wait for ED to find the culprit of this issue. As of the last beta this fix almost stopped working for me because there's a 50% chance the game crashes while alt tabbing and changing the affinity xD.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SteelSlav said:

Non-forum user here, since 2.9.0 OB was introduced I started getting massive freezes every 4-5 seconds which do last about 5 seconds each time. I've never had issues running dcs on medium-high settings, but after 2.9.0 it became unplayable. I found one way in particular to fix it and (besides installing Lasso as @Checkmate suggested), everytime I spawn in an aicraft I have to switch my CPU affinity (got 4 cores, i5-7500) from 4 to 1 core. Having done this, I enter the game back in and have to alt-tab again and set CPU affinity again to 4 cores and I have no issues thereafter, almost running smoother than I usually did. ED, or whoever is responsible for tweaking this kind of stuff, please fix this soon because one of my friends is facing the same issue. I also have a crash log from the last mission I did and if useful and requested, I'll drop it here. Please, someone help me with this programming hell.

This worked for me, solved the problems I have had since 2.9 dropped. Thank you so much!!

• Like 1

2 ore fa, noisy_lightning ha scritto:

This worked for me, solved the problems I have had since 2.9 dropped. Thank you so much!!

I'm really happy this fix is proving helpful to fellow simmers. All the credit goes to a guy who uploaded this quick fix on youtube about 5 years ago, which I can't even find anymore. Hopes and prayers the issue can be traced soon.

On 12/16/2023 at 11:35 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Its frustrating for us trying to help as well, you have posts saying you are having issues, but no data we can look at. 

Please make a new thread with your dcs log and dxdiag

thank you

Hello Mr BIGNEWY

Do you try to launch your game on 12-13gen intels?

My hardware is  4080,13700K(freezer420II),asus hero z790,64gb Ram ddr5  Renegate 6400,samsung gen4 2tb 980pro.

2.8  all smooth not a single freeze even online on full servers 

2.9  freezes every 2 seconds(online and single) and DCS drops my P core N3  to base speed from 5300 to 3400!

Bios reset not helping and i need to use extreme intel tuning utility to pop up my core back to 5300.

Do you guys testing your patches on actual hardware before send them to release?

Your testers dont do they job properly our you thinking people need to risk with not cheap hardware in game where some spend mor than 400£for modules ?

Why i must disable cores,win processes our something else ?Im pay for product and i want to play!

Something similar happened with your testers before then they didnt chek properly missiles on JF 17 and they dont loose energy.

With all respect 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DA_FLY said:

Do you try to launch your game on 12-13gen intels?

I’m running 2.9 perfectly well on a 13900. I’m sure many people are. That by itself doesn’t seem to be the trouble. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

58 minutes ago, Flappie said:

I don't see any in your post.

A tester.

So do i

16 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

I’m running 2.9 perfectly well on a 13900. I’m sure many people are. That by itself doesn’t seem to be the trouble. 

you are sure?Numbers please

9 minutes ago, DA_FLY said:

So do i

you are sure?Numbers please

Specs below. No trouble running the game smoothly in any SP or MP scenario between 80-120fps without any tweaks or fixes. That maybe doesn’t help the topic, just to say the problem isn’t something simple to do with certain CPUs and it is indeed possible to run the game well.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 12/19/2023 at 9:19 PM, SteelSlav said:

Non-forum user here, since 2.9.0 OB was introduced I started getting massive freezes every 4-5 seconds which do last about 5 seconds each time. I've never had issues running dcs on medium-high settings, but after 2.9.0 it became unplayable. I found one way in particular to fix it and (besides installing Lasso as @Checkmate suggested), everytime I spawn in an aicraft I have to switch my CPU affinity (got 4 cores, i5-7500) from 4 to 1 core. Having done this, I enter the game back in and have to alt-tab again and set CPU affinity again to 4 cores and I have no issues thereafter, almost running smoother than I usually did. ED, or whoever is responsible for tweaking this kind of stuff, please fix this soon because one of my friends is facing the same issue. I also have a crash log from the last mission I did and if useful and requested, I'll drop it here. Please, someone help me with this programming hell.

Holy Sh*t. This works! 

On 12/19/2023 at 9:19 PM, SteelSlav said:

Sadly this doesn´t work for me, once I spawn, and go to the task manager to switch CPU affinity to just one core. But if i get back to the game it becomes veeeery slow, and if I go back to the task manager again, and activate all cores, the game crash. I just dont know what to do, cant play DCS properly since 2.9😥

19 minutes ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

Sadly this doesn´t work for me, once I spawn, and go to the task manager to switch CPU affinity to just one core. But if i get back to the game it becomes veeeery slow, and if I go back to the task manager again, and activate all cores, the game crash. I just dont know what to do, cant play DCS properly since 2.9😥

A while back I watched a video that said to uncheck every other core. Try that.

16 hours ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

You don't need to go back into the game. Just change the affinity to cpu0 press OK. Then change it back to all cores. Has the same effect.

I went an hour last night with no problems then out of nowhere the stuttering came back (Self built Strike eagle training mission) but changing the affinity again solved it a further time.

Clearly something in the games code just doesn't play nice. Couldn't pin point last night what thr cause was sadly but the game continued to run lag free for another 45min till I chose to quit out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aroe said:

A while back I watched a video that said to uncheck every other core. Try that.

YES YES YES!

I did what @SteelSlav suggesteed, but no luck; the game crashes when switching from 4 cores to 1,  and when restarting, the affinity was back to 4 cores, and really bad dtutter.

Then I tried what @Aroe said: with DCS running, and the plane in autopilot, I switched affinity from 4 to 2 cores, unchecking every other core (one On, 2 Off, 3 On, 4 Off), really bad sruttering, and then bck to all 4 cores and BANG, smooth and steady (60 FPS). 

Just one try, but I am extatic!.

More test to come.

Saludos.

Saca111

I repeat here, what I wrote in a different thread.

Cross-reading all the related posts I'm under the impression that it is less the specific cores but more just the fact to mess with the cores/the scheduler at all. As if windows needed a clap on head (or a kick in the lower back) to wake up and get its stuff together.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 minutes ago, Hiob said:

I repeat here, what I wrote in a different thread.

Cross-reading all the related posts I'm under the impression that it is less the specific cores but more just the fact to mess with the cores/the scheduler at all. As if windows needed a clap on head (or a kick in the lower back) to wake up and get its stuff together.

Yes. 

Totally agree! I am just doing the testing right now, and I can tell: switching to every other core and back to all of them is almost perfect (still missiong some frames from time to time). It is like Windows is not doing it's job and you need to tell him to "stay focussed, my brother, say focussed" by switchng the cores affinity.

I can tell that you have to do it every time you star a mission and you get  into the cockpit; I tested it in the A10C II, then I changet to "free flight" instant mssion  in the F16 and did it again (two cores off, back to 4 cores) and BINGO!

Still testing.

Bye 

Saca111

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

My FPS, before switching and after.

image.png   image.png

This time I only switched Off one single core ( the las one) and back to "all cores".

Night and day!

Hapyyyyyyy.

Saludos

Saca111

Great results Saca111

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hace 7 minutos, Sacarino111 dijo:

My FPS, before switching and after.

image.png   image.png

This time I only switched Off one single core ( the las one) and back to "all cores".

Night and day!

Hapyyyyyyy.

Saludos

Saca111

Hi Saca, we've been talking on the thread I opened regarding same problem.

So let me know You switch to OFF and then to ON the cores affinity through task manager/details/DCS/establish affinity and that's all? 

I've tried this also with no results. But this time you said it has worked for you doing the same but with the autopilot on? Is that correct?

Thanks

You where on stable or open beta? on ST or MT?

I'm on a i7-11700KF with 8 cores and 16 threads, which cores do uou suggest to change?

PC SPECS: 

CPU: Intel i7 11700KF @ 3,6 GHz | MB: MSI MAG B560 MORTAR | GPU: MSI RTX4060Ti GAMING X 8GB DDR6 | MEMORY: Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 3200 MHz 2x32 GB | HD DCS: Samsung 980 Pro SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 | HD O/S: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 | OS: Windows 11 | BIOS PROFILE: XMP1 | Monitors setup: Triple screens LG 22MP57VQ 60Hz | TRACKIR: Naturalpoint 5

13 minutes ago, lovethewayoumove said:

Hi Saca, we've been talking on the thread I opened regarding same problem.

So let me know You switch to OFF and then to ON the cores affinity through task manager/details/DCS/establish affinity and that's all? 

I've tried this also with no results. But this time you said it has worked for you doing the same but with the autopilot on? Is that correct?

Thanks

You where on stable or open beta? on ST or MT?

I'm on a i7-11700KF with 8 cores and 16 threads, which cores do uou suggest to change?

Hi.

Yes, but the autopilot is not a thing, it was just t avoid pausing the game, just to be on the safe side.

And yes, I go to Task manager, select DCS.exe, right mouse button and more details on DCS (or something similar) and then I switch from 4 cores to just three (I tested with different number of cores and I saw that switching Off just one core and back to 4 do the trick). This way, I don¡t have DCS to slow down or even stop working. After that, the game goes almost perfect (some little drops on FPS here and there, and smaller than before the switching).

And I am on the last 2.9 version (OpenBeta), and flying MT. Can' tell if the mt.lua is on or not, and can't find it! so I figure that it is not present.

My pc is a low end  i5 just 16 Gb of ram plus 16 GB of pagefile, so not a very powerfull one!

4 cores, and I first did switch off cores 1 and 3 and then "all On", and after some trys, I just switch Off one of them, n. 3 (last one) and does the trick.

Now I have to leave, some work to do, cant replay till tomorrow.

Best luck for you.

Saludos.

Saca111

6 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Yes, but the autopilot is not a thing, it was just t avoid pausing the game, just to be on the safe side.

And yes, I go to Task manager, select DCS.exe, right mouse button and more details on DCS (or something similar) and then I switch from 4 cores to just three (I tested with different number of cores and I saw that switching Off just one core and back to 4 do the trick). This way, I don¡t have DCS to slow down or even stop working. After that, the game goes almost perfect (some little drops on FPS here and there, and smaller than before the switching).

And I am on the last 2.9 version (OpenBeta), and flying MT. Can' tell if the mt.lua is on or not, and can't find it! so I figure that it is not present.

My pc is a low end  i5 just 16 Gb of ram plus 16 GB of pagefile, so not a very powerfull one!

4 cores, and I first did switch off cores 1 and 3 and then "all On", and after some trys, I just switch Off one of them, n. 3 (last one) and does the trick.

Now I have to leave, some work to do, cant replay till tomorrow.

Best luck for you.

Saludos.

Saca111

Also confirm that this fixes the problem, you only need to turn on 1 core, press OK and then immediately turn them all back on again and press OK, (you don't need to leave the task manager screen) this method ensures DCS won't crash, I just hit escape to pause and ALT TAB into Task Manager, great fix

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

Could someone please tell me :

- I'm still at open beta 2.8.8.xxxxxx version

- using MultiThread

- I do have some stutters in single-player missions - essentially due to my weak PC, specs as in my signature

Will this fix about the CPU cores help me regarding the stutters ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

11 hours ago, Top Jockey said:

Could someone please tell me :

- I'm still at open beta 2.8.8.xxxxxx version

- using MultiThread

- I do have some stutters in single-player missions - essentially due to my weak PC, specs as in my signature

Will this fix about the CPU cores help me regarding the stutters ?

Thank you.

Hi.

Yes.

I suggest you to download the @SkateZilla app to easilly downgrade it to the 28.X.XXXX  you wish. I did it and went ok, but I couldn't make some modules to work ok so I gave a try at 2.9 and with that trick of switching affinity I made i run ok.

Saludos

Saca111

• Like 1