stuttering on 2.9

5 hours ago, 3338730 said:

Hi ! 
I’ve tried everything . Is there any expected solution for this ? 

We need to wait for ED to fix the issue.

i5-4690K CPU 3.50Ghz @ 4.10GHz; 32GB DDR3 1600MHz; GeForce GTX 1660 Super; LG IPS225@1920x1080; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB; Windows 10 Pro

I set clouds to standard which really helped my performance. Before this update I could run them at Ultra, but it now looks like a frickin' slideshow.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI X570 Tomahawk, 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C15D @ 3866C14, ASRock Taichi 7900XTX, HP Reverb G2, VPC WarBRD-D & Thrustmaster F16 Viper & F18 Super Hornet, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle.

It's a disaster 😔, time to sell account

• Like 2

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

"We need to wait for ED to fix the issue."   <<<< THIS

I have been offered every solution that is mentioned here on this thread, been told that it's a hardware issue with my Track IR, been told that it's my system (when I know that it's absolutely not because I run 2 other sims that are very heavy on any rig and neither of them have the issue, been told that it's MODs that I'm using when I have never used any mods in D.C.S. , And I've been told that it's E.D.'s problem. Having done everything possible to cure it. Yet still it persists in DCS after following every lead given.....It's an E.D. thing. Again, shelving DCS for however long until they come to terms with their own product. 

DCS spends more time dormant on my computer than any other software that I have ever owned because of constant technical problems or issues. And they wonder why I refuse to give them any more money.........

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Zimmerdylan the truth hurts. I hate to see it go, but the cons far outweigh the pros now. Developing & bringing in more modules is useless. When ppl can't use them and therefore stop buying them. I know the airframes make the $, but the virtual platform and it's ability to operate make the entire ecosystem. It's a touchy balancing act I guess. I know the devs are following orders, from those who sign their checks. I don't blame them of course. But it's pretty pissy going through all the posts reporting bugs that are making it unplayable for so many ppl, and the only replies, if any. Are from other members, trying to help them at least make it playable. Seems like only a select few get in depth responses from the ED team now. My install just mostly gathers dust now to. When I do try and play, I can use only a couple certain modules and ai objects. To try and soften the performance bugs.

• Like 5

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• ED Team
On 11/17/2023 at 12:26 PM, 3338730 said:

Hi ! 
I’ve tried everything . Is there any expected solution for this ? 

please add your dcs log and dxdiag it will help us look for clues. 

16 hours ago, rwbishUP said:

Seems like only a select few get in depth responses from the ED team now

We try to help as many as possible, here on the forums, discord, social media, and the support area, it is impossible to get to everyone. Posting good information helps us, as mentioned above.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 12/5/2023 at 9:41 PM, Zimmerdylan said:

DCS spends more time dormant on my computer than any other software that I have ever owned because of constant technical problems or issues. 

Pretty much the same for me, I load it up spend a bit of time on it, get irritated with it's silly and asinine issues and go do something else, six months can pass before I go near it again.

• Like 4

This is really frustrating. 2.8 MT ran perfect, even on my fairly old CPU. Smooth even in Multiplayer and complex SP Missions like "Through the Inferno".
Since 2.9 the game has become unplayable for me. Frequent stutters and freezes up to 2-3 seconds even when sitting alone on a map in a cold & dark cockpit.
Tried every possible setting ingame, new drivers, that core unparking fix, the mt.lua, you name it, nothing made a difference at all.
Was really looking forward to the F-4, but that purchase is on hold for me for now. Almost 2 month and 3 patches since 2.9. I still really really hope this gets fixed, having to wait and not being able to play is just so frustrating...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Squidfall said:

This is really frustrating. 2.8 MT ran perfect, even on my fairly old CPU. Smooth even in Multiplayer and complex SP Missions like "Through the Inferno".
Since 2.9 the game has become unplayable for me. Frequent stutters and freezes up to 2-3 seconds even when sitting alone on a map in a cold & dark cockpit.
Tried every possible setting ingame, new drivers, that core unparking fix, the mt.lua, you name it, nothing made a difference at all.
Was really looking forward to the F-4, but that purchase is on hold for me for now. Almost 2 month and 3 patches since 2.9. I still really really hope this gets fixed, having to wait and not being able to play is just so frustrating...

What kind of CPU are you running (and which windows version?)

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 12/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, Zimmerdylan said:

DCS spends more time dormant on my computer than any other software that I have ever owned because of constant technical problems or issues. And they wonder why I refuse to give them any more money.........

agreed, but careful.  DCS moderators are very protective and will sting you.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dmatsch said:

As long as you are not disrespectful, they are not that bad. And I am almost constantly criticising 😛

But the 2.9 problems are pretty serious. I mean, the forum is flooded with stuttering issues since 2.9 came out, and forums are used by... what? just 5- 10% of the game players? And of those, only a few post on here, so the problem must be massive among DCS players out there, and still they decided to upgrade the stable version to beta without any solution or fix. Hard to understand. 

MT was one of the best things that happen to the sim, and now all of those advantages are gone. And that sucks. Hope the find a fix soon, but I don´t know...🤨

• Like 2

• ED Team
17 hours ago, dmatsch said:

people tend to ignore the rules at the top of the forum or are rude. Stick to the rules and you will be fine.

Again if people are having issues we need to see the dcs log and dxdiag, it is the only way to work out what is going on.

• Like 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Guys if nothing works, i recommend to roll back a version and wait to try another beta. There are DCS things between heaven and earth, stutter and smooth play. For onliners, I bet you haven't mastered all F-16s Harm modes anyway.

Edited by jurinko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jurinko said:

Guys if nothing works, i recommend to roll back a version and wait to try another beta. There are DCS things between heaven and earth, stutter and smooth play. For onliners, I bet you haven't mastered all F-16s Harm modes anyway.

Same here.

I used @SkateZilla app to downgrade to 2.8.43704 and it is smooth as usual.

My case was really painfull, as I just bought a 3060 with 12 GB of RAM one week before the 2.9 upgrade...😵‍💫

From now on, I stick to 2.8 until the stutter is fixed.

Saludos

Saca111

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Tigh said:

I'm getting closer and closer to rolling back. 2.8MT was lovely; really good, stable frame rates. I can just about get away with 2.9 but it's noticeably stuttery and it's starting to get annoying.

dcs.log 218.09 kB · 0 downloads DxDiag.txt 90.37 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, 

please disable hotplug in DCS controls to see if it helps, the log shows some unplug events 

Make sure your windows is up to date. 

Run a slow repair also. 

Let us know if it helps 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

please disable hotplug in DCS controls to see if it helps, the log shows some unplug events.

That'll be my TrackIR. Looks like you've solved that so thank you!

My windows is up to date, I ran the slow repair as well.

Tried various settings in the same scenario including turning down clouds, turning off shadows, turning off DLSS, etc. with no noticeable change. Limiting to 90fps helps frame rate stability compared with 180 which is just a stuttery mess.

One thread suggested it was MT causing issues so I tried ST. With frame locked at 180 the rates sit around 120-130 with only a small variance. With frames locked at 90 it is back to 2.8MT silky smooth. I'm loosing c. 1/3rd-1/2 of my frame rate running ST vs. MT but I can live with that if it gives me smooth performance.

For my specific setup something has changed with 2.9 which has pretty much broken MT.

Additional: @BIGNEWY found your mt.lau thread (sorry I didn't see it earlier, so many threads!). MUCH better. 2.9MT fps hovers around 140 with only a 15-20 frame variance, the very odd stutter in heavy urban areas. With DLSS on I'd say the frame rate is a little less stable but is giving me an extra 40 fps. Locking at 90fps in this configuration and it just sits at 90fps. Lets face it, 90fps in a flight sim is pretty amazing.

I'd be interested if the team feels there's more refinement needed with DLSS as it is a relatively early iteration for DCS.

Edited by Tigh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The gameplay constantly freezes every 3 seconds (when big spikes goes - see pictures) in SINGLEPLAYER, not depending on multithreading or single threading and settings . Does not matter about changes (Win 10, 11, unpark cores, MT file, pure client etc). In multiplayer does not freezes ( same settings as singleplayer)  

MT multiplayer.png

MT single player.png

ST multiplayer.png

ST singleplayer.png

dcs.log DxDiag.txt

• Like 1