AI Zero - will it be or not?

YoYo

20. ED is currently working on WWII assets and more specifically for the Marianas map.  Naval assets mentioned for WWII Naval Aviation.

28. No planned Japanese aircraft modules or assets for WWII period.

Hello, pls comment this. So no any opponent for the Corsair? 😳

Overall, I wouldn't really like shooting the second Corsair. We can as well talk about Corsair vs. Mirage dogfights, e.g. 😉

Generally, it doesn't make sense, but maybe something wasn't said or in this interview they only talk about the work of the ED team and not other developers.

So it will be or not?

Capture2.JPG.1eb68778417683f830bcd2304cc6b169.jpeg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

20. ED is currently working on WWII assets and more specifically for the Marianas map.  Naval assets mentioned for WWII Naval Aviation.
28. No planned Japanese aircraft modules or assets for WWII period.

Hello, pls comment this. So no any opponent for the Corsair? 
Overall, I wouldn't really like shooting the second Corsair. We can as well talk about Corsair vs. Mirage dogfights, e.g.
Generally, it doesn't make sense, but maybe something wasn't said or in this interview they only talk about the work of the ED team and not other developers.
So it will be or not?
Capture2.JPG.1eb68778417683f830bcd2304cc6b169.jpeg.7fa10869a9c86d15e1a71625e5d6b252.jpeg
-Rudel- no confirmed any IJN/IJA aircrafts on Corsair PTO yet.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Finally! :thumbsup:

cTkgpsZ.jpg

Thank You Magnitude/ED (or so?) ! :clap_2:

• Like 5

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Also green one btw.

EbdCxYY.jpg

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

48 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I hope the damage model is right. And we don't have to pepper the zeros and other Japanese planes half an hour to down them.

It would be nice to see some bombers, but let's be happy that there will be at least Zero. :thumbsup:

By the way, I'm surprised that no third-party developer would want to make a package of AI planes for WWII, paid as AI, such an asset. I'd love to buy it. Currently the selection is very disappointing and limited.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

15 minutes ago, YoYo said:

It would be nice to see some bombers, but let's be happy that there will be at least Zero. :thumbsup:

By the way, I'm surprised that no third-party developer would want to make a package of AI planes for WWII, paid as AI, such an asset. I'd love to buy it. Currently the selection is very disappointing and limited.

I think the problem is that any AI aircraft would have to have such a detailed 3d model it would take quite some time to make. Even without cockpit and complex modeling. It would still be a lot of work.

And I don't know if anyone would pay 50 bucks for 10 AI planes.

And I don't think you could get anyone to make a pack for like 10 bucks.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

It would be great to see the likes of the Ki-61, N1K and Ki-84 to mix things up a bit. Certainly the latter two were a match against a F6F and F4U.

Having only one type which underperforms would be a nightmare, in a spit on the western front without a P-51 or a P-47 around to chase off the pesky Bf109K or distract them would be a nightmare. I think this factored into ED choosing to model the F6F-3.

Question is, is there enough information out there to model them! 🥴

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

4 hours ago, Krupi said:

Question is, is there enough information out there to model them! 🥴

They just gotta know where to look 😛 
Plenty of intact planes and detailed information (not reconstructed from scrap like in most US museums) but many of these locations are pretty somber sties in Japan. Not too sure the owners are keen on having the planes scrutinized for entertainment development. Most of the aircraft they do not even allow to be photographed. Took what I could, still they had what I think was a KI84 just sitting out in the rain so they must not be terribly concerned with her. 

The shots are from Chiran Peace Museum/Yasakuni Shine museum a few months ago: 

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

image.png

• Like 2

From the last Wags interview, wow :thumbsup::

• AM6 Zero comming as AI, but flyable has comming later.

Perhaps far, far away (2025-2026) but this is the light in the dark tunnel. Nice!

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

19 hours ago, YoYo said:

From the last Wags interview, wow :thumbsup::

Perhaps far, far away (2025-2026) but this is the light in the dark tunnel. Nice!

Pretty sure the first Zero we'll fly since Pacific Fighters will be Combat Pilots A6M2-21.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On 1/6/2024 at 1:38 PM, Gunfreak said:

I think the problem is that any AI aircraft would have to have such a detailed 3d model it would take quite some time to make. Even without cockpit and complex modeling. It would still be a lot of work.

And I don't know if anyone would pay 50 bucks for 10 AI planes.

And I don't think you could get anyone to make a pack for like 10 bucks.

I'd pay $50 for a WWII pack of 20 AI planes plus other stuff like tanks and boats  backfilling PTO and ETO.

Seems like a good 3rd party opportunity.  

Edited by [HOUNDS] CptTrips
  • Like 3

Good opportunity to drive a 3rd party into the ground I'm afraid. 50 bucks per asset pack wouldn't cover dev cost of a couple of planes even, let alone 20'ish. Don't underestimate how time and resource consuming building high quality AI assets has become in recent years.

Unless one settles for visual and functional standard comparable to Hawkeye's and Cuesta brothers' mods, then maybe it could be done, but I'm not sure many guys here would be willing to actually pay for that.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

1 hour ago, Art-J said:

Good opportunity to drive a 3rd party into the ground I'm afraid. 50 bucks per asset pack wouldn't cover dev cost of a couple of planes even, let alone 20'ish. Don't underestimate how time and resource consuming building high quality AI assets has become in recent years.

Unless one settles for visual and functional standard comparable to Hawkeye's and Cuesta brothers' mods, then maybe it could be done, but I'm not sure many guys here would be willing to actually pay for that.

Which is why calling for more FC3 style aircraft dosnt work. Even if you say a new FC3 aircraft is just 40% of the work of a full fidelity module. That still wouldn't increase speed of new modules by much. Because there seem to be other things not directly related to module making that often increases production time. Mostly  other priorities coming first, like the whole MT, DLSS, Vulkan. Which seems to have affected the time table of everything else. Like AI assets, new flight model, AI crewmembers for mossie.

If there is something you're waiting for from ED that seem to take forever, it's not necessarily that it takes an enormous amount of time. It usually means ED is busy with something else and what you are waiting on is on the back burner. Heatblur could make the most complex module in DCS in less than 3 years. Because they just make modules.  While ED makes modules, performance improvements, graphics improvement, new AI coding, new effects, new physics, new gameplay types. Etc.

So thinking just decreasing a bit of production time on 1 thing (aircraft modules) somehow will increase the overall speed in which modules shows up Is just wrong. Donating 500 million dollars to ED to hire more people to just work on modules, might work. So if someone has that laying around go ahead. 

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

19 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Which is why calling for more FC3 style aircraft dosnt work. Even if you say a new FC3 aircraft is just 40% of the work of a full fidelity module. That still wouldn't increase speed of new modules by much. Because there seem to be other things not directly related to module making that often increases production time. Mostly  other priorities coming first, like the whole MT, DLSS, Vulkan. Which seems to have affected the time table of everything else. Like AI assets, new flight model, AI crewmembers for mossie.

If there is something you're waiting for from ED that seem to take forever, it's not necessarily that it takes an enormous amount of time. It usually means ED is busy with something else and what you are waiting on is on the back burner. Heatblur could make the most complex module in DCS in less than 3 years. Because they just make modules.  While ED makes modules, performance improvements, graphics improvement, new AI coding, new effects, new physics, new gameplay types. Etc.

So thinking just decreasing a bit of production time on 1 thing (aircraft modules) somehow will increase the overall speed in which modules shows up Is just wrong. Donating 500 million dollars to ED to hire more people to just work on modules, might work. So if someone has that laying around go ahead. 

About "Core Team"... the core engine team (build Vulkan, etc), the phisics team, the Dynamic Campaign team, the tools team (SDK/TDK), the "whole earth" team, GUI team, effects team, the AI team, etc. Has specialized teams, outside of AI units teams, and outside of all Module teams (Modern and WW2 teams).... Remember ED module teams has building 3 new modules (2 modern + 1 WW2) and Improving other older, and map team has building 3 Maps (2 modern and 1 WW2) on the same time of a 3rd Party build a "great module".

Edited by Silver_Dragon

20 hours ago, [HOUNDS] CptTrips said:

I'd pay $50 for a WWII pack of 20 AI planes plus other stuff like tanks and boats  backfilling PTO and ETO.

Seems like a good 3rd party opportunity.  

Tank and Boats to WW2 has on progres by ED and M3 to PTO, and others AI units. Meanwhile build large quantity of AI units only make them poor. Quality AI units require time to make and program them.

ED has very clear on your plans:

Infantry Unit Improvements. We will be working on new infantry models and animations in 2024 along with more life-like behaviors.

New Air, Ground, and Naval Units. New units will be available in 2024 that will range from World War II to modern day. Each unit requires thousands of man-hours to create and will be provided as optional packs at their highest levels of detail. Standard versions will also be available for free to ensure both single-player and multiplayer compatibility for all