OH-6A by Tobsen and Eightball

Go to solution Solved by Neo47,

5 hours ago, Slippa said:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but as soon as I start to lift, I lose rpms and have to go again. Flew the Huey just to be sure I can still fly a chopper then went back at it. I'm pirouetting on the deck but mostly I'm losing rpms. I know it's my lack of practice as we can clearly see it flying well.

I will try to knock out a video tonight cranking up the OH-6A and the Hog.  I cannot promise it is standard to any military procedure, but it works every time for me.  I will also talk through my key binds.  Since I only fly in VR, I typically interact with everything using the mouse unless it is something bound to the Cyclic/Stick or collective.  That is a standard OP for me across the board with all DCS Helos.  I have them all, and I can say with confidence they all have their own flight personalities.  Looking forward to knocking something out for you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Slippa said:

I can barely get it off the ground now myself 😄. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but as soon as I start to lift, I lose rpms and have to go again. Flew the Huey just to be sure I can still fly a chopper then went back at it. I'm pirouetting on the deck but mostly I'm losing rpms.

Alright Slippa, video below as promised.  I was not sure if you were struggling with the UH-1 or OH-6 so I did a short startup video on both. Hope it helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry of this had been asked before, but apparently there is no kneeboard folder. 

I wanted to put in some custom sheets into the kneeboard but couldn't find the folder. 

Can it be added manually? And how should it be named then? 

Btw. Thanks for the update 1.1 with all the key bindings. As someone mentioned above, the binding for the fuel valve is not working properly. The movement of the valve is animated, but the function is not there. You still need to click it with the mouse. 

Anyway, thanks for this outstanding mod. I'm loving it! 

• Like 1

Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed!!!

Cheers for that Devil, I was having a 'bit of trouble' with the OH-6 (to put it mildly 😁). I'll be back at it again in a bit, hoping not to cause the kind of carnage I was last time. Glutton for punishment. I lost count how many of the little buggers I threw spinning into the trees, more than I should admit to probably. I'll get there, eventually.

Nice take offs btw. I'm tidier in the huey but haven't mastered the hover or landing properly. The little one, well, give it time 🤪.

Good to see I'm not alone finding the fuel valve bug. It all helps tidy it up some and means I don't have to get the hammer out and start threatening any peripherals 🙂.

I watched someone bring a similar little heli in today. Unarmed, it's a civvy thing for lessons I think but I had to laugh at how tidy he was in the real world. Don't think I'll do him any videos of my dodginess  :joystick:.

• Like 1

Ooh ooh ooh, I've had a breakthrough! 🤪

I shoulda checked my curves. They were all over the place. Maybe I might have had a beer or two and spent hours struggling with a knot I'd tied myself up in? Just maybe. hmmm.

Ok, I was following tradition and getting on the sauce, perhaps I had one over the eight, determined to fly it at least as well as I can the Huey but I must've slipped my fingers over the curves and well, who knows what I was thinking 😄.

Once I sorted them I took off as soon as I tried to and orbited the airfield whooping. Yeah, I crashed it trying to roll it over but ooh I'm away now. Bit of sensible practice and I landed it tidy (ish) as well.

Tobi, Eightball, it's the dogs knackers. I'm lovin it 🙂.

Thanks, yet again.

and cheers for the kneeboard cgjimeneza.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Hey @tobi, Hey @Eight Ball - thank you so much for this Mod. Also the Asset Pack is amazing. I made a whole Guide for the OH-6 for the German Community. If you don´t mind i share it here. Can´t wait for the upcoming Versions.

@Eight Ball Is there any chance we might get normal Vietnam AK47 Infantry? Or am i just too silly to find them? - Thanks in Advance 😃

Edited by CYPHER11
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, CYPHER11 said:

@Eight Ball Is there any chance we might get normal Vietnam AK47 Infantry? Or am i just too silly to find them? - Thanks in Advance 😃

🙏

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, VKB STECS Standard, Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Posted (edited)

Outstanding little helicopter.👌

As one of the many that use a twist stick instead of peddles, I find it really hurts my wrist trying to constantly hold the correct amount of pedal in straining against the spring.

A peddle trimmer at the very least would be most welcome. 🙏

Edited by swartbyron

Out of Curiosity, is there any single river patrol boat assets like in some of the first images taken close to the start of this forum?  I have not been able to locate them.  Only ones I have found are attached to the barge and are not individuals.  

Also, are there any plans for individual VC/North Vietnamese infantry that are combat ready and not static?  The gents and I were really hoping to replace the default AK infantry with these.  Only ones I have located thus far are the mortar crew and VC on the bike.  No actual infantry.  If there are none, is there talk of doing any? 

Really digging this mod! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

Out of Curiosity, is there any single river patrol boat assets like in some of the first images taken close to the start of this forum?  I have not been able to locate them.  Only ones I have found are attached to the barge and are not individuals.  

Also, are there any plans for individual VC/North Vietnamese infantry that are combat ready and not static?  The gents and I were really hoping to replace the default AK infantry with these.  Only ones I have located thus far are the mortar crew and VC on the bike.  No actual infantry.  If there are none, is there talk of doing any? 

Really digging this mod! 

Hi Devil505,

The PBR can be found here.

https://github.com/tspindler-cms/tetet-vwv/releases

GE Wings2.jpg           AMD Ryzen 5, 16 GB DDR4, AMD XFX Radeon RX590 8GB, 27" curved Samsung monitor.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:47 PM, Eight Ball said:

Yes! We had something else in mind, though 😛

INMWuW6.jpg

Plmjpge.jpg

hqNcITp.jpg

If you guys prefer, we can ditch the silly Vietnam assets and add a Ferrari and a guy in shorts with a mustache instead 🙃

LbZKcMU.jpg

*Change is subject to everything (or something like that)

Awsome mod!

Can't find the patrol boat in mission editor?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mike145 said:

Hi Devil505,

The PBR can be found here.

https://github.com/tspindler-cms/tetet-vwv/releases

8 hours ago, Jsood said:

Awsome mod!

Can't find the patrol boat in mission editor?

I have the vwv bits installed but I can't find the PBR either. I see it moored with the floating dock but I'm still not sure if it is available as a single plottable vehicle?

ETA: I didn't have it installed properly. It's there. I've almost capsized it turning, too eager for water-skiing 🙂.

Edited by Slippa
installation

I have added the Little Bird (2x) to the mission (Olympus has Fallen), and it can do CSAR and SEAD.

Added an area (outpost) suiting the OH-6A.

Seach for 'Flying Dutchman' and you'll find it. (Mission will have targets on different spot on every mission (re)start

• Like 1

I just spotted this and thought it should be in this thread too.

I'm watching his controls indicator like a hawk 😄. I'll have to get into training. He's pretty tidy but should be, he built it 🙂.

• Like 2

Time to re-read 'Low Level Hell'

Add some slicks, a UH1H gunship, the Chinook by ED with just the basics, KIOWA Warrior out next month and add the KA50 with Gun and rockets only as a make believe Cobra...... and you are all set for Helo Assaults...

Add the Community A-4E-C v2.2.... HB F4II ....F86 Sabre... MiG-15bis.... mig 19 and all you want is the seem to be forgotten map.  In my eyes far more desirable that the Kola which really is just eye candy,,,,

• Like 2

SIGBLOCK.png

4 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Time to re-read 'Low Level Hell'

Add some slicks, a UH1H gunship, the Chinook by ED with just the basics, KIOWA Warrior out next month and add the KA50 with Gun and rockets only as a make believe Cobra...... and you are all set for Helo Assaults...

Add the Community A-4E-C v2.2.... HB F4II ....F86 Sabre... MiG-15bis.... mig 19 and all you want is the seem to be forgotten map.  In my eyes far more desirable that the Kola which really is just eye candy,,,,

Dont forget, there is an AH-1G mod being worked on, so when that gets released...

• Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins

@AhSoulThe trick is to match the control inputs to your mechanical bits. It takes a while.....

For ME and as a STARTING point I set cyclic 80 Saturation, no curve and a deadzone of 4  - collective as default and pedals as -10.

If you're not used to choppers or have stiff springs stick a hefty curve on top and see what happens...

• Like 1

SIGBLOCK.png

13 hours ago, Gizzy said:

@AhSoulThe trick is to match the control inputs to your mechanical bits. It takes a while.....

For ME and as a STARTING point I set cyclic 80 Saturation, no curve and a deadzone of 4  - collective as default and pedals as -10.

If you're not used to choppers or have stiff springs stick a hefty curve on top and see what happens...

Cheers! I've spent a fair bit of time in the Apache and Huey. The OH-6A is just a lot twitchier so yeah gonna need to play around with the curves

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

Posted (edited)

I spent a couple of hours last night trying to hover but couldn't get it off the ground. I'd start to lift and lose RPMs, hit the deck and wait for it to spool up again.

This morning I tried messing with curves but still couldn't take off. It was more akin to mowing the lawn than flying. I Came here to look for anyone that's using a Warthog HOTAS as I don't have a fancy set up for helis. I ended up just copying the curves I have set for the Huey and (trumpet fanfare) I took off.

18 hours ago, Gizzy said:

The trick is to match the control inputs to your mechanical bits. It takes a while....

Makes all the difference 🙂. Great little bird this is.

Edited by Slippa
typo
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Is it me or is the rotor spinning Clockwise? It seemed to yaw left with increased power instead of the usual (for us helicopters) to the right.

Edited by jww123