OH-6A by Tobsen and Eightball

Go to solution Solved by Neo47,

1 hour ago, tobi said:

That looks far too dangerous

no, its the perfect tool for the average Bond villian to chase you around with.

• Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

1 hour ago, tobi said:

That looks far too dangerous

Nah, we are trustworthy! 😋

But we need a damage-model for trees and power lines first. 🤔

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 2/19/2024 at 5:34 AM, Slippa said:

That thing looks well naughty.

We can most definitely not be trusted with that, no. 

A helicopter dangling a huge pole with multiple giant rotating saw blades between trees and power lines? What can possibly go wrong?

• Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

You guys mean one of these?

Screen-240220-081050.jpg

😎

I would be happy to donate this add on to Tobi and Eightball, if they want it.

Damn scary looking!

• Like 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

49 minutes ago, CommandT said:

If we are planning on going as far as having giant chain saws, can we please get the ability to hook up Christmas trees and load them onto trucks too? 🙂 

image.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

So, uh, OH-6 is gonna be great, but are all the modded units in the video coming with it?  The C-123 and those buildings especially.  I need them for... reasons 😎

DCS 8_30_2023 10_21_23 PM.png

• Like 4

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

19 minutes ago, Stackup said:

So, uh, OH-6 is gonna be great, but are all the modded units in the video coming with it?  The C-123 and those buildings especially.  I need them for... reasons 😎

DCS 8_30_2023 10_21_23 PM.png

What he said....

• Like 1

Hi guys!

This is just awesome! I was always dreaming of DCS OH-6 or AH-6. I have got around 600hrs in MD500 and compared to other 6 helicopter types I have flown, I can say that nothing flies like 500🥰. Sooo smooth, stable and agile at same time. Uncomfortable too. 🙂 

Now I fly larger and much more expensive twin, but when people ask how does it fly, I say "meh..." and start to talk about MD500. Even flown that thing again in my dream a few times.😀

So, thank you so much for bringing it to DCS. Throwing it around, with Cobra overhead, on WW2 Mariannas (or Nam one day) will be blast. 

Masak

• Like 7

19 hours ago, EA-18G_BlockII said:

Absolutely stunning! Brilliant! Mindblowing! EXCEPT: Please remove the cable cutters on the Nam birds! 😉

Keep up the stunning work!

• Like 3

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

Could I ask, the main rotor animation - is that temporary or that's how it's gonna be? I'm not complaining at all, literally can't wait for this mod and think you guys are amazing. Just thought the rotor animation could maybe look a tiny bit more fluid. Just a minor constructive criticism, if that's ok 🙂 

On 2/23/2024 at 3:19 AM, spikef22 said:

are we getting the C-123 as an AI asset as well?

On 2/22/2024 at 5:26 AM, Stackup said:

The C-123 and those buildings especially

Yes, they'll all  be released alongside the OH-6. The C-123 might just be a static object in the initial release, though.

On 2/23/2024 at 2:04 PM, CommandT said:

Could I ask, the main rotor animation - is that temporary or that's how it's gonna be

It's temporary, still working on it. Pretty like everything else 😅

On 2/22/2024 at 9:39 PM, EvilBert VR said:

Please remove the cable cutters on the Nam birds!

Yup, it's on the list.

---

A few more screens:

t1zO0rs.jpg

BYRwSlE.jpg

pUgWEsN.jpg

OCuDFHi.jpg

WpxeiAW.jpg

MGZ145o.jpg

187th Assault Helicopter company livery pack by SWELynx

3oMLkIs.jpg

EJNmI1l.jpg

AH3YdSb.jpg

oXW7QoI.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Looking great.

Thanks for the progress update too. You’re both gonna spoil us with all these goodies.

I’ve had my face painted up in readiness, jungle cammo getting some funny looks in M&S but I’m styling it out.

Best of luck with the tinkerings. 🙂 

• Like 3

On 3/2/2024 at 2:48 PM, CommandT said:

I mean this should really be called the "Vietnam Mod with a flyable OH-6A" and not the "OH-6A" mod 😄 

Looks insane. Can't wait 🙂

Not when it comes to complexity and efford on the flightmodel 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 9:39 PM, EvilBert VR said:

Absolutely stunning! Brilliant! Mindblowing! EXCEPT: Please remove the cable cutters on the Nam birds! 😉

Keep up the stunning work!

• Like 12