12th February 2024 Login problems

RWC

• ED Team
Just now, Felidae said:

Any ETAs?

I do not have any eta currently, I will check with server admin shortly, but recovery has started. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I wish our saved activation wasn't so short. It seems authentication is required every three days? Mine only gives me 1.5 day's of access since I didn't log in yesterday. Disconcerting when there's so much money invested in something that can disappear into the aether. 

• Like 4

Just now, Nealius said:

I wish our saved activation wasn't so short. It seems authentication is required every three days? Mine only gives me 1.5 day's of access since I didn't log in yesterday. Disconcerting when there's so much money invested in something that can disappear into the aether. 

Indeed it is concerning, especially when one has invested in a-lot of aircrafts 

• Like 1

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, Nealius said:

yes there is an issue with offline auth currently, I have reported it. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Very good point, although such is the SaaS world we live in... So many software platforms and games are going this way.
My activation didn't even last 20 hours. Logged off at 11pm, logged on at 7pm and was locked out of activations. All we can really do is 'hope' that Eagle Dynamics would make it possible for offline activation to work, should they even intend to disappear on us.

• Like 1

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, cao990 said:

I couldn't access the game interface all day today,

Yes apologies, the team are working on recovering with a backup currently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hotdognz said:

Maybe a back up database server would be worth investing in as redundancy, its a lot of money people have invested, just a thought.

Yeah, so big databases take awhile.

Even if it was Cloud, depending on size it could take even longer than a local backup. Cloud providers charge more for active easily accessible data, and most folks go with the cheaper archival "offline" mode.

At that point, you start to understand, that local storage on a large SSD NAS array is cheaper, even if you mirror it across redundant installations globally. Just a guess, but ED more than likely has everything they need, and it just takes time.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
  • Like 1

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Offline mode doesnt work again. Looks like this issue wasnt solved from the last the same, or near the same, problem :(.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I really don't understand why modules I have paid (a lot!) for are not available offline. So all my paid for content will just disappear if ED closes it's doors?

• Like 3

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

• ED Team
1 minute ago, YoYo said:

Offline mode doesnt work again. Looks like this issue wasnt solved from the last the same, or near the same, problem :(.

it works if you had saved auth before the server went down, but not if you did not. I have highlighted it to the team again. 

Just now, GPatricks said:

I really don't understand why modules I have paid (a lot!) for are not available offline. So all my paid for content will just disappear if ED closes it's doors?

usually there is 3 day offline with saved auth, this is bugged currently and reported. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Nealius said:

This came up in conversation yesterday. I cancelled a couple of subscriptions on principle. Nothing DCS associated.

When we used to pay for something we used to own it. You don’t buy a pair of boots and find when you want to put them on they’re unavailable or maybe being updated so they don’t fit properly anymore. It drives me nuts.

- Same error here, no surprises. Sure it’ll be sorted soon but it does make me think about how things are set up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Slippa said:

This came up in conversation yesterday. I cancelled a couple of subscriptions on principle. Nothing DCS associated.

When we used to pay for something we used to own it. You don’t buy a pair of boots and find when you want to put them on they’re unavailable or maybe being updated so they don’t fit properly anymore. It drives me nuts.

- Same error here, no surprises. Sure it’ll be sorted soon but it does make me think about how things are set up.

That's the sour fruits of software piracy sadly. I do not like it either, but ED also got to protect their work. And it is all laid out in the EULA/TOS no one reads 😉 It was like that in the past too btw: even in the 80s you ever got a license to use the software that was on the disk you bought. You never ever bought the software itself, it never was your "property". Not even in the 80s. Theoretically a software developer could have called you and asked you to destroy the disc as he revoked the license for whatever reason.

In the DCS past, there were keys for the modules you could use three times (had to go online once for activations) and had to uninstall the module to get a "use" back. This gave users issues that had a drive crash or Windows break as they could not get their one "use" back and at some point ran out of them. The current method works way better imho and server issues do not pop up every day. It is just what it is and there is little way around sadly.

Maybe though one could look into replacing the "three day from last auth" method for a "three application starts since last auth" method. So people could start up and use DCS even when they last authed a month ago and were offline since then - but only for three times (or five or whatever ED sees fit) until they re-auth by going online once.

• Like 5

Hello all,

Trying to repair and update DCS but I'm getting this,

00000.050 --- Log file: C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\autoupdate_templog.txt
00000.000 === Log opened UTC 2024-02-12 13:04:15
00000.011 INFO : DCS_Updater/2.16.3.18 (Windows NT 10.0.19045; Win64; en-CA)
00000.011 INFO : src-id: f697eb0b6959f621dddfde672932cdb00d183f23, lib-id: b88ea51ae2210987a3865f77cc1802548216d7a8
00000.011 INFO : cmdline: "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update
00000.048 STATUS: Initializing...
00000.049 INFO : basedir: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta
00000.049 INFO : variant: openbeta
00000.049 INFO : DCS/2.9.2.49940 (x86_64; EN;  WORLD,CAUCASUS_terrain,MARIANAISLANDS_terrain,BF-109K4,NORMANDY_terrain,WWII-ARMOUR,P-51D)
00000.049 INFO : branch: openbeta
00000.051 STATUS: Checking for updates...
00000.726 INFO : Got reply from www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
00000.727 STATUS: JSON error: lexical error: invalid char in json text.
                                        <!DOCTYPE html>  <html lang="e
                     (right here) ------^
00002.748 === Log closed.

Any one else having this issue?

Thanks,

It depends of persons I think. Somes have the issue, others havn't. For me, all my modules are working in off-line. I juts hope all we be retablished this evening ( french hour) because I have a multiplayer date for aerobatics every monday evenings.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Same, having issues too, just purchased and installed sinai and get this..

image.png

Edited by Delta59R

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

dont they know its bad for sales that this offline hurts their sales? 

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.