Refund on the F-15E

59 minutes ago, Cab said:

Nope, sorry. You’ve still lost me.

It’s probably me, but don’t bother explaining I’ve kind of lost interest.

Yet your still here?

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

11 hours ago, Cab said:

Not sure how that applies to this discussion, but yes, that’s the word.

But we don’t know the circumstances behind that. It’s conceivable that it’s Razbam that was in breach of some agreement.

Nothing applies to this discussion. It's not even a real discussion. 100% speculation through and through. 

• Like 1

Why so many people come here to disrespect fellow customers/players??

People are disapointed, worried and frustrated. It is normal when you are used in a leverage in a dispute you don't know nothing about. There is little room for speculation in how this action have shattered customers trust.

Yet some very smart sim enthusiasts feel the need to spent the weekend here trashing other customers claims. 

• Like 6

According to the license agreement with ED, there are sadly no possibility of refunding.

So I hope for ED and Razbam to get an agreement of accomplishing the F-15E module.

Otherwise ED could maybe get the sourcecode, to complete the module by them selves.

This could cost ED a lot, when Razbam just vender the code.

Rig: AMD 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | MSI MPG B550 | 16GB RTX 4070 Ti Super | 24" FHD 60 Hz | Meta Quest 2 | TM Warthog Hotas + F-18 Stick | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

3 hours ago, T3N5H1 said:

According to the license agreement with ED, there are sadly no possibility of refunding.

I think it can just be as interpreted as they are not obligated to provide a refund. That doesn’t preclude them offering a refund under certain conditions.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb VDV:

Is there any evidence that EA of F-15E will not continue or its cancelled?

Currently there are a lot of presumptions, but no clear announcements to bring clarity to this issue. 

I ve just seen, that a different topic here in the forum was closed for further discussion. 

I ve searched for the topic but I don't find it right now. 

Later when I have more time, I will post it. 

Rig: AMD 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | MSI MPG B550 | 16GB RTX 4070 Ti Super | 24" FHD 60 Hz | Meta Quest 2 | TM Warthog Hotas + F-18 Stick | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

I feel that we have vented a lot of frustration and worry, related not only to the fate of the F-15E but also the question which way ED will be going.
This reflects the passion we have for this game, which we all want to see continuing on a solid path. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of hard facts, so much of our discussion is based on speculation and hear-say.
I hope that ED will come forth with a statement of facts and intents in the near future. Until they do that, or we are are confronted with hard facts, I see little benefit in continuing on this thread.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

57 minutes ago, VDV said:

Thats why we need to buy only pure DCS products in the future, not 3rd party products!

Do that.

I keep enjoying the Strike Eagle for now….. and the Mirage F-1 and the Gazelle and the Tomcat and the Harrier. …and I‘m full of pleasant anticipation for the Phantom (….and the Kiowa and the Bo-105 and the Corsair and and and…..)

I also love lots of my original ED modules but Thank God we have third party developers!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I highly doubt there will be any refunds. If they do it for one, they have to do it for everyone. The money made from modules is likely already spent on overhead, to include developer compensation etc.. Some of their modules have been around for quite a while now. These are small companies with small teams on limited budgets. Hopefully they can come to a resolution and everything will be fine. I expect it will take a while though since either way, there will be lessons learned and it will likely include legal matters(contractual agreements, wording etc. etc.). For this situation and all others going forward, between all 3rd Party developers and ED. 

Best not to get ahead of ourselves though and let ED and Rb figure this out. It's too bad it was made public the way it was. 

• Like 3

Exactly my plan, no more third party modules for me, they can't be trusted now.
With that username? ROTFLMAO!!!!
Let's not comb every 3rd over the same comb. I'm positive the situation will be solved in a gentlemanly manner the best possible solution for us users, and I will happily support the 3rd parties I see fit.
Cheers everyone and enjoy your weekend!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

On 4/6/2024 at 5:25 AM, cfrag said:

We are all grown ups here

Have you read some of the posts on these forums?🙄

That said, without knowing the full details of the issue, its currently my opinion that EA needs to do whatever needs to happen to fix the situation, be that negotiating an agreement with Razbam or purchasing the source codes and supporting Razbam's modules themselves. Whatever caused this problem should have never been capable of happening in the first place, had no one ever considered the possibility and adopted a contingency plan?

Not trying to bash ED, but no matter who is at fault my feeling is that they need to make this right and fulfill their commitments to their customers. Even if Razbam's modules never get updated again and stay in their current state of development forever, ED needs to be able to fix them if a DCS World update breaks them completely.

Edited by rfxcasey
  • Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 10:02 AM, rfxcasey said:

Have you read some of the posts on these forums?🙄

That said, without knowing the full details of the issue, its currently my opinion that EA needs to do whatever needs to happen to fix the situation, be that negotiating an agreement with Razbam or purchasing the source codes and supporting Razbam's modules themselves. Whatever caused this problem should have never been capable of happening in the first place, had no one ever considered the possibility and adopted a contingency plan?

Not trying to bash ED, but no matter who is at fault my feeling is that they need to make this right and fulfill their commitments to their customers. Even if Razbam's modules never get updated again and stay in their current state of development forever, ED needs to be able to fix them if a DCS World update breaks them completely.

According to ED there are already safeguards in place regarding source code should a 3rd party dev stop supporting.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 11:52 AM, Cab said:

According to ED there are already safeguards in place regarding source code should a 3rd party dev stop supporting.

I read this but I also read a suggestion that the issue causing Razbam to not get paid was they weren't giving up their source code to ED. I've also read it suggested that the issue was Razbam mishandling ED's source code in violation of ED's agreement with 3rd party devs. Admittedly its all speculative and we may never actually know what the cause of the dispute was.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 5:00 AM, Hiob said:

😬🙈

you know what the 4th monkey is doing? LOL

• Like 1

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 2 weeks later...

any actual updates on this? even if they continue i dont think Razbam is trustworthy enough and would like to use the money on something else.. but i guess if they continue i wont be able to do that.