New ED update 15 June 2009

Boberro

I still have to say the same thing I wrote in the other thread:

To be perfectly honest and risking to be hurt some personal feelings:

I'd rather like to see A-10C released on-date and the patch postponed than the other way around.

IMHO DCS:BS is nowhere near unplayable. Infact it is the most bugfree initial game-release I saw in the last 5 years at least. I'm certainly having a lot of fun with DCS, now, and the longer it takes, the more working additions will be implemented. Another reason why this news is no downer for me.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

trim

I ´m happy with way the trim is implemented, why there is a need to change it???

Agree, finally they abandon the track training system. Videos are enough demonstrative.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Im actualy looking forward to the LOMAC 2009 update the most, whatever that will be, than the DCS patch or even DCS warthog.

Edited by Pilotasso
  • Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I ´m happy with way the trim is implemented, why there is a need to change it???

Because in it's current state, it does not represent the way the system works IRL. The yaw channel algorithm should try to maintain a turn speed once it goes over a certain threshhold and not try to maintain the trimmed heading as it does now.

Despite the "bad" news, it`s great to have these regular updates Matt! Much appreciated.

Very much indeed

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I think the 'broken' training tracks should be released as a seperate patch. It's a shame having to wait for something most of us don't need. I guess ED just want to get it all done and dusted in one go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I think the 'broken' training tracks should be released as a seperate patch. It's a shame having to wait for something most of us don't need. I guess ED just want to get it all done and dusted in one go.

It's a shame to think only about those who don't need training tracks.

• Like 1
picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

Appreciate the update guys looking forward to the updates and glad to hear the A-10 project is on track!

August is perfect release time for the patch...although I don't see many NEED TO BE PATCHED problems with current DCS...the summer I'm not in front of the computer enough.

It's a shame to think only about those who don't need training tracks.

Tis true...guess I let my selfishness and greed get the better of me. :(

I consider my self sutiably chastised. :cry:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Thanks Matt.....

It's always great when the buying public is provided updates by the producing company. As for the patch, take your time and get it right as the origional simulation is so good and playable out of the box we would hate for the patch to be at a lessor standard.

As for training programs, if you create the videos like your producers notes so that code changes of future patches do not impact them and then just include a separate missions for the user practice.......

As for the other projects.......have you heard about cloning your staff?

Edited by Speedbrake

As for the other projects.......have you heard about cloning your staff?

found this on ebay> http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p221/joey_45/00017283.jpg

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team

Funny thing is, when Black Shark got delayed a couple of times, many people got extremely dissapointed and (obviously) someone whined about it.

But when they finally got their hands on Black Shark, they went "Man, thank you so much for releasing such a polished product!:D".

So again, regarding this patch/update, it WILL be worth the wait :)

• Like 1

Funny thing is, when Black Shark got delayed a couple of times, many people got extremely dissapointed and (obviously) someone whined about it.

But when they finally got their hands on Black Shark, they went "Man, thank you so much for releasing such a polished product!:D".

So again, regarding this patch/update, it WILL be worth the wait :)

It *is* worth waiting for a properly tested release. Nothing is worse than getting a patch that breaks more than it repairs.

Ofc - there are some features regarding the mission editor that is fairly needed, but it's not worth breaking any of the components over it.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Didn't anyone read the part he wrote about releasing news regarding the A-10 right after the patch? That's only 90 days away! On top of that, the producer's note soon after? Come on guys. I don't think I have ever played a more stabled flight simulator. Come to think of it, this is the first true flight simulator released. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Thanks for the update Matt.

Black Shark was such an excellent release, for me the patch will be more of a game update rather than a true patch. I am sure those with problems will be happy about the fixes, I for one can consider it as providing surplus features.

news is news ..just glad there work'n on it....thx guys...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Didn't anyone read the part he wrote about releasing news regarding the A-10 right after the patch? That's only 90 days away! On top of that, the producer's note soon after? Come on guys. I don't think I have ever played a more stabled flight simulator. Come to think of it, this is the first true flight simulator released. :D

guess u never played falcon OF ;)