Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I don't know if its been requested before but I sincerely hope that DCS (or a 3rd party) consider making an F4 Phantom II or F105 Thunderchief ("Thud") which would be good adversaries (well the F4 anyway) for the upcoming Mig 21.

So if you consider the following:

- Mig 21 (in dev)

- F4 Phantom II (hopeful)

- F105 Thunderchief (hopeful)

- Bell UH-1 (in dev)

- A7 II Corsair (in dev)

- Vietnam map (North and South and perhaps Thailand - hopeful)

We've almost essentially got ourselves the ingredients for a Vietnam-type campaign!! Perhaps an A-1 Skyraider ("Spad") thrown in for both the USAF and USN.....

Edited by The_Pharoah
spelling

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:LOL,Now that would be the Life of the Party !!!:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

DCS:F-16???

So i've noticed so far, and plz correct me if im wrong, but is nobody working on an F-16? I mean, I understand the prejudice about it, like "been there, done that" but seriously?

This is the plane that really could bridge the gap and bring alot of people to DCS, who had already dedicated the better part of their lives to learning the F-16 in various other sims (for starters, not to name names but three letters and it starts with a b and ends with s...).

What it comes down to is virtually no learning curve. Those people could just jump right in, no questions asked, no training videos, and start rocking peoples faces off.

Don't get me wrong, i love everything about what is planned for DCS so far, but learning new planes can be a daunting task, so it seems only natural to have a module that the flight sim community has been familiar with for many years now.

Does this make sense to anyone or am i just smoking crack in the corner by myself?

you can stop smoking that crack now :D

On a serious note... no one knows what modules/aircraft is being worked on, some are working on in but are not announcing it (gives them more time to work because people are not bombarding them with questions ;))

I am sure one day someone will make F-16 as well

PS: I am still puzzled what name you meant that starts with a B and ends with an S... how about you give us more clues? :renske:

:lol:

No longer active in DCS...

How are you on the forums if your smoking crack? I do believe there is someone working on it, and the problem with licensing.

I think hes referring to BMS.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Sry kuky if i posted in the wrong thread, but i was kinda hoping for a serious conversation about this, insted of transferring me to page 571 of a thread that nobody really has any soild input other than a "wish list" and endless rederick about things that dont pertain to my topic (and maybe im wrong, but 570 pages is ALOT to go through). Plz no offence, can u redirect me to another forum page that might be more appropriate? THX :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:YOU GUYS ROCK!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yes, AC-130 (at least AI using it) would be great... :D

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Not only the F-16 is great. It has HARM!!! It can be ground pounder.. It is an air interceptor.. it has ground mapping radar... it is the best DCS module to come to mind.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

it is the best DCS module to come to mind.

Besides the F-15 of course.

But on the F-16 module, I'm sure it will happen eventually. It might even be happening now. F-15, F-18, and Su-27 were well kept secrets.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

F-18C for sure... Then F-18E.

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

If the A10C was made off the back of a training version for the USAF, then the F35 could also fall under this category due to the number of countries that were* placing orders for it, and thus needing training simulators. Is it not more probable that the F35 is, or was, going to be the next module? Maybe Wag's signature is more of a disclaimer.

Apples and oranges. The ANG software was a desktop cockpit trainer. The F-35 simulators are being made by the aircraft's manufacturers or their subcontractors. It's all about the full tactical sim ... which the ANG DTS never was.

Is it not more probable that the F35 is, or was, going to be the next module? Maybe Wag's signature is more of a disclaimer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Not only the F-16 is great. It has HARM!!! It can be ground pounder.. It is an air interceptor.. it has ground mapping radar... it is the best DCS module to come to mind.

And how does it differ in that respect from the F-18?

The Viper has some stuff the Hornet doesn't, but then the Hornet also has stuff the Viper doesn't.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Apples and oranges. The ANG software was a desktop cockpit trainer. The F-35 simulators are being made by the aircraft's manufacturers or their subcontractors. It's all about the full tactical sim ... which the ANG DTS never was.

Ah, OK. I didn't realise that it was solely designed to be a cockpit trainer. I knew it wasn't made to replace the room-sized military simulators, but anyway, thank you for destroying my theory. :)