Wags

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I just updated with the bubbles.

Thanks for the update Wags. :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I just noticed the YouTube annotations too. They do help a lot, even though cosmetically they aren't the nicest looking, it serves very well as a compromise considering the effort it would take to reproduce the video with the cursor visible to the recording software.

If the cursor can't be made visible to the recording software in time for the scheduled release of the next note, I would suggest using whatever editing software to add in pointers, even if they only appear for a second or two. It doesn't even have to be fancy, like a small box. Something that looks nicer than the annotations. I can imagine that the notes are pretty low priority for the DCS team (finishing the sim being first), but considering that they are a major point in advertising for the game, a little more pickiness and work goes a long way. Whenever I was asked about DCS:BS, I (and many others I have seen) always refereed to the notes to demonstrate the scope of the sim.

There's a screen shot lying around someplace of the cockpit with a green double arrow head pointing to the lower side of the screen. It was estimated and it's probably a good estimate that this is an arrow showing you what switch it's referring to. It was stated that the training segments will be interactive so there will be some aides for sure. Just don't expect to learn all 95% of this puppy from visual aides etc...studying will also be required :)

School starts in September ;)...(not officially...ever so possibly)..i'm fine with a winter semester or holiday release as well) :pilotfly:

Thanks for video!. appericate to see them in action.

Next time please add subtitle/captioned verison.

Cheer

Max

EDIT: just saw the video again with bubble. many thanks Matt Wagner!! I appericate that!!

Edited by Maximus

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

Wow! I can't WAIT for this release! I'm going to seriously spend so many hours on this sim.

I have 2 questions though:

Will DCS A-10C be multiplayer compatible with FC2/Blackshark? If so...whats up with the terrain?

For the engine cutoff on the throttle, can this be programmed to any joystick with a detent in it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG! :D

For the engine cutoff on the throttle, can this be programmed to any joystick with a detent in it?

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

I can't believe we are getting simulator software form ED with just with few minor differences from true military flight simulator they have developed! Amazing! Tell me I am wrong, but it hasn't been like this never before, never in PC flightsim history... or I just can't recall.

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thanks for the second note ED. Just GREAT! :thumbup:

Can't wait for DCS:W! :helpsmilie:

kind regards,

fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't believe we are getting simulator software form ED with just with few minor differences from true military flight simulator they have developed! Amazing! Tell me I am wrong, but it hasn't been like this never before, never in PC flightsim history... or I just can't recall.
Actually, as Matt had explained during his interview with SimHQ recently, the DCS A-10C is in many ways not only more technologically advanced software, but also a much deeper and more realistic model of the aircraft as a whole compared to the DTS A-10C sim for the military, which is focused specifically on cockpit avionics and HOTAS training. Of course some systems functionality had to be altered for the game version, but the overall simulation offered in DCS is considerably more inclusive.
  • Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Actually, as Matt had explained during his interview with SimHQ recently, the DCS A-10C is in many ways not only more technologically advanced software, but also a much deeper and more realistic model of the aircraft as a whole compared to the DTS A-10C sim for the military, which is focused specifically on cockpit avionics and HOTAS training. Of course some systems functionality had to be altered for the game version, but the overall simulation offered in DCS is considerably more inclusive.

...I was speachless in my previous post.. made so many repeats and typos, LOL...

DCS A-10C should get more attention from popular gaming websites :pilotfly:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer