DCS A-10C Warthog Producer Note 2 Available

Wags

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do a manual start-up every time since it feels much faster than the automatic start-up (I haven't actually timed it, though). I'm also not completely sure of this but I think it leaves some important stuff switched off (like the datalink system... at least I think it happened to me once, when I used it because the the other guy I was playing with was getting impatient).

It does start to grate after the third or fourth time you get shot down out of nowhere in a session, but it's also a pretty good incentive not to airquake it up. Hopefully with the RWR (and other defensive systems) and good piloting in the A-10 you won't need to respawn so often.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Starting up manually for me totally adds to the immersion...I'm also too lazy to look up what the manual startup shortcut is ;).

My preference is inside a virtual cockpit as nice as black shark and a10 I will always opt for the manual startup.

Pushing buttons that make sounds and spin dials gives me a sense of POWER!!!! ;)

Nope they are definately two stage, wouldn't make any sense to put turbine and fan rpm gauges in the pit if it was not, eh?

Although if i recall correctly from what my uncle (an aircraft mech turned commercial pilot) told me once, fan spooling up is a visual cue that the engine has lit.

It has to be turning, single or twin spooled. Otherwise the compressor wouldnt work, basicaly the engine wouldnt even start. :)

On a single- or multi-spool engine, the front fan turning would be an indication that air is moving through the engine in the proper direction before fuel and ignition are introduced. If there was no airflow or it was going the wrong way (such as with a tailwind) light-off would overtemp the engine or possibly blow out the front of the engine. On aircraft with less automated start-up procedures, you have to wait for positive indication of rotation (gauges, visual of the fan), before the fuel valves are opened.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

The producer notes for DCS:BS were good enough for me to learn startup on the russian version and be flying within 15 minutes of installing the game. I flew for over a week without opening the manual file at all. These look to be of the same high quality and detail. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to more producer notes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Starting up manually for me totally adds to the immersion...I'm also too lazy to look up what the manual startup shortcut is ;).

My preference is inside a virtual cockpit as nice as black shark and a10 I will always opt for the manual startup.

Pushing buttons that make sounds and spin dials gives me a sense of POWER!!!! ;)

Same, but moreso I like learning what controls what.

EDITS TO ADD:

You want lots of switchology? Pray for a DCS: Eagle. A F-15 driver I knew moons ago said "It's a beautiful plane to fly, very easy & fun, but it's a pain in the ass to remember what everything does".

Edited by Booger
  • Like 1

Guys, seriously, just register an account on youtube, add a subscription to Matt's channel, and set youtube to e-mail you when there's new stuff there.

...and then set your mail program to check the POP3 once a minute. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Guys, seriously, just register an account on youtube, add a subscription to Matt's channel, and set youtube to e-mail you when there's new stuff there.

That's my SOP except I tend to refresh every thirteen seconds and check POP3 every five seconds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

this is going to be awesome, I really apreciate the 2nd prod note. But I´ve got a question about the sound. It might already been asked but seriously I wasn´t further motivated to check all 14(?) pages to check whether it´s already been asked. So I do now.

Might it be that the sound for APU runup and Engine runup is the same which was used for Black Shark?. It sounds pretty similar to this. That doesnt annoy me, I just recognized that.

And I am pretty much exited about to test this by my self...thanks Wags for keep us updated about that whole process...thats what I am always voted for, dont let us die stupid...:D...great product you´re about to do.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

APU sound is the same, I actually came across it in a sound library at work. I'm sure the turbofan spin up is very different but impossible to really get a sense of because of the mix (matts voice is dominant) and the nature of YouTube to crush the living snot out of sound frequencies.

GA and a few other testers have noted the beautiful sound upon startup. :D

Naaa, push e-mail to your phone. It's the way forward. :thumbup:

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

There seemed to some sort of graphical error at minute 4:30 to 4:33 just as he checks the Right Engine. You can clearly see that there are a few reflection lines hanging in the air. I supporse these are only to be shown when the Canopy is closed. In the video the Canopy is still open....

There seemed to some sort of graphical error at minute 4:30 to 4:33 just as he checks the Right Engine. You can clearly see that there are a few reflection lines hanging in the air. I supporse these are only to be shown when the Canopy is closed. In the video the Canopy is still open....

Yep - aware of those. In the queue awaiting extermination.

Welcome :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Looks so good i have to do something until its released, thinking of getting flaming cliffs 2 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

That is an intro put together by GlowingAmraam, probably using audio clips from real A-10 videos. There's a screenshot, I forget where, where you can see the FAC dialogue as text. I imagine it'll be madlibs-style radio communications.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As Matt mentioned that this is still Alpha code and issues might occure.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective