WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

For Helios users.

If you have problems with TARS not running after you have installed it and you are using Helios, try this:

1.) Open your export.lua file in the config folder in World with Notepad++

2.) At the very bottom of the lua file, delete:

dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExportA10.lua")

there should be a new one there called

dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExport.lua")

3.) Save the export.lua file

4.) Open Helios profile editor and open your profile

5.) Under 3rd party scripts,you should see

dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExportA10.lua"),

("./Config/Export/TARSExport.lua"), and if you use Tacview....

dofile("./Config/Export/TacviewExport.lua"). Now delete

dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExportA10.lua") <<ONLY delete this one

6.) Hit the "Setup DCS" button

7.) Save profile

TARS would not work for me until I did this.

Edited by Talon-X-

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Headspace, had a trial tonight between KA50 and A-10C and noticed two things:

-Had no azimuth on the speakers for both KA and A-10, all radios seemed to go through both. Previous TARS version worked fine for me. ARC164 was the only radio not trialled.

-Volumes were not functioning on either ARC 186 for me.

Same here..

2) Were not able to establish comms with the SU-25's. We made sure the A-10C's UHF radio was set to 251.0 and tried communicating - nothing. We also tried 119.7 on AM - nothing.

And the same here...

Greetings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

One small problem our wing is having is the radios in different ears. We set up TARS to have UHF in both ears, VHF AM in the right ear and VHF FM in the left ear. The problem is we have to exit Teamspeak, open TARS control panel, uncheck all the boxes, recheck the boxes we want to use, remap the controls, and get back into Teamspeak. Then it works properly but if we leave the sim and come back in, all the radios go back to being in both ears and we have to repeat the process again.

Earphones issue

Is anyone having the same problem I do? I set different configurations for the earphones, to distinguish the different radios. When I join MP, TARS works, but not the earphones channels ( I hear all the radios with both earphones). Leave Teamspeak (keep the sim running), go to TARS Control Panel, set the earphones again, rebind the keys, return to TS3 and to the sim, everything is fine. After the flight, I leave the sim and TS3. When I return to the sim again, earphones configuration is lost AGAIN. I mean, even showing the boxes ticked in TARS Control Panel, I hear all radios in both earphones. Any tips?

Edited by Direwolf

One small problem our wing is having is the radios in different ears. We set up TARS to have UHF in both ears, VHF AM in the right ear and VHF FM in the left ear. The problem is we have to exit Teamspeak, open TARS control panel, uncheck all the boxes, recheck the boxes we want to use, remap the controls, and get back into Teamspeak. Then it works properly but if we leave the sim and come back in, all the radios go back to being in both ears and we have to repeat the process again.

Is anyone having the same problem I do? I set different configurations for the earphones, to distinguish the different radios. When I join MP, TARS works, but not the earphones channels ( I hear all the radios with both earphones). Leave Teamspeak (keep the sim running), go to TARS Control Panel, set the earphones again, rebind the keys, return to TS3 and to the sim, everything is fine. After the flight, I leave the sim and TS3. When I return to the sim again, earphones configuration is lost AGAIN. I mean, even showing the boxes ticked in TARS Control Panel, I hear all radios in both earphones. Any tips?

It's already been said in an earlier post that current this option isn't working.

There seems to be a problem with configuration- i've setup TARS radio 1 and radio 2 to TH Warthog mic up and middle switch. It didn't work- only radio working was FM (still with defaults setting ctrl+3). I've tried to reset it to default but i could only switch to FM and AM- ctrl+1 didn't work.

Edit: Now it's working fine.

Anyway flying with TARS is so much better it should be part of DCS World:)

Edited by Corvus

Discovered today: when you are already in the pit, disabling and enabling the TS plugin, gives you the ability again to have the radios on different channels (left, right both)

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

The problem is when you exit to disable/enable TS plugin you get black buildings on Shkval

Not having that problem in the A-10 :D

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Likewise. Our squadron just tested TARS 1.0.2b1 with 10 pilots, and no comms were possible with Su25 pilots. A-10 and Ka-50 pilots were able to communicate within one another.

Su25 pilots noted that TeamSpeak reported TARS plugin freqs as

VHF1: 251.00

VHF2: 119.70

But A-10 and Ka-50 pilots saw the Su25 pilots freqs listed in TeamSpeak as 000.00

Other than the small faults listed above, its been as stable as a rock every time we have used it.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Other than the small faults listed above, its been as stable as a rock every time we have used it.

Excellent.

It looks like the A-10 and Ka-50 are stable. But we need reports from servers with relatively high playercounts (no upper limit--get as many people as you can). What's the biggest number of clients that some of you have tested this with?

The new version is working, but with the same restriction as before (earphone´s channels issue). I hope that´s because it is still a beta, and this function is disbled. But I can force it to work, unchecking and checking back TARS plugin box on TS3 configuration. And that´s weird....

The new version is working, but with the same restriction as before (earphone´s channels issue). I hope that´s because it is still a beta, and this function is disbled. But I can force it to work, unchecking and checking back TARS plugin box on TS3 configuration. And that´s weird....

Same issue here, but aside from that, it seems to work well :thumbup:

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]