Su-33

combatace

I have combataces Su-33 mod installed alongside the Viper JointPack.

Glad you are enjoying it. I have already added the Su-33 and Su-30 models by combatace but everything is currently on hold till FC3. However, FC3 is both good and bad news. Unless the authors of the models update their work and export them as EDM, they will not work in FC3.:ermm:

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So release it for use with FC2!

Anyone with an idea of my textures problem?

Hav you tried the quick check by selecting "optimal quality" on your graphic card driver? Quick and easy test but make a note of you settings first. This check have worked plenty of times for me when graphic anomalies appear.

(HJ)

Glad you are enjoying it. I have already added the Su-33 and Su-30 models by combatace but everything is currently on hold till FC3. However, FC3 is both good and bad news. Unless the authors of the models update their work and export them as EDM, they will not work in FC3.:ermm:

Yes I definetly enjoy both the Su-33 from combatace and the Su-27 model from 3GO! I have been playing more offline FC2 now as A-10C is getting boring. Guess I've played to much with the A-10C :P

(HJ)

• 4 weeks later...
However, FC3 is both good and bad news. Unless the authors of the models update their work and export them as EDM, they will not work in FC3.:ermm:

From my guess. LOM will work, just like it does in current DCS titles. You will not have the benefit of the upgrades that EDM gives you though

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

So, it's time to tease!

One picture of WIP Ricardo HD texture for the pilot :thumbup:

teasing.jpg

This test texture is in 1024 but the final is going to be in 4096!

You just need to wait!

Ricardo is doing some test and hard work to making this pilot accurate as possible!

Now it's time to wait for this great help on the pilot...

After that, the 33 mod will be a legend :D

4096 texture for a pilot?

lol, just lol.

seriously, 2024 should be the max. a good normal map like with the warthog pilot would be a much better use of your time.

4096 for a pilot? What are you smoking?

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Just a hint: If you don't like the size of the pilot texture file, all you need to do is shrink the size of the image by 50% or more and then save. 50% of 4096x4096 would be 2048x2048. Shrinking a texture file not only makes the texture smaller but it also shrinks the size of the file itself leaving the computer able to read/buffer it faster. The 3D model is configured to still use that same texture by name but in-game it will just show up as slightly lesser quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Looks awesome combatace. A couple of issues and some screenshots:

1) The lights look weird.

2) There is only one parachute.

See tail light:

Screen_121203_194932.jpg

other shots:

Screen_121203_195320.jpg

Screen_121203_195333.jpg

Screen_121203_195444.jpg

Screen_121203_195452.jpg

Screen_121203_195723.jpg

parachute issue: only one opens

Screen_121203_195736.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

@Witchking: Download the latest one and wrong thread for this jet.

post #623 so wheres the right post?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hi combatace, just had a few minutes to check out the 33 model and it seems i've encountered a little problem, any ideas?

edit: i have just checked the su-33.edm in Modelviewer and it appears to need specular texture? i see that 'killermachinesu-33_main01-bump' and killermachinesu-33wings-bump' are absent from the Killermachine_Su-33.zip file.

Edited by Mustang

Hi combatace, just had a few minutes to check out the 33 model and it seems i've encountered a little problem, any ideas?

edit: i have just checked the su-33.edm in Modelviewer and it appears to need specular texture? i see that 'killermachinesu-33_main01-bump' and killermachinesu-33wings-bump' are absent from the Killermachine_Su-33.zip file.

Hi Mustang, seems I forgot to add bump maps in the zip file. Will update it now.