Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find BF3 finally a worthy replacement of my AAO passion; if they fix the controls. I am unable to assign many buttons, and assigning mouse controls doesn't work at all and I have one of the most popular gaming mices Logitech G9.

Console port :music_whistling:

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Nah i prefer DCS F18.

This is only eyecandy. Not sure there s enought meat in to keep me interested.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Be advised, thank you for that information, Over.

Omg :megalol::megalol::megalol:

Yeah I've been playing a lot of BF3 beta. It can piss me off, but that's what makes me keep playing oddly enough. The aircraft in it are a joke, and people just camp next to where they spawn because they wanna be little arcade aces. :noexpression:

For anyone who's seen the "slug" glitch in-game, this video should give you a laugh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

looks very promising. Im going to miss commander mode deeply (no more calling uav, arty, car drop)...Also no ability to call for medic/ ammo/ etc? Got my preorder though. Karkand here I come!

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

They hope to have the flower radial interface from BF2 and other FPS games into the final build of BF3.

But it seems they have quite abit of things they still want to tweak or add, but might not be able to finalize it by the release date.... most notably VOIP in game (its currently going to be all battlelog based), joystick/gamepad support, and possible altered aircraft behavior.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

joystick/gamepad support,

Yeah. Last Sunday I found a caspian border server but couldn't use the Super Hornet, because BF3 didn't support my X-52 - same as in BF BC2. :mad:

I'm looking forward to BF3 and the Back to Karkand Mappack ... pre-ordered. :D

kind regards,

Fire

PS: BF3 has 1.500.000 pre-orders. :music_whistling:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
l...Also no ability to call for medic/ ammo/ etc? Got my preorder though. Karkand here I come!

Actually, it's been confirmed that BF 3 for PC will get the "Command rose" at release. You know, the one from BF 2, where you hold down Q, and just select whatever radio command you want. :)

From the EA Blog lol:

"Did you know that if we had an empty 9mm casing for every shot fired in the Open Beta, we would have enough brass to melt and build almost 3,900 SU-27 Flanker jets? Okay, Flankers are not made out of brass, but still. For more stats and figures, check out the pic below. And thanks again for playing and helping make Battlefield 3 a better game at launch!"

OB_2D00_Stats_2D00_Final.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bottom-line: These dudes know how to make money regurgitating the same piece of pie.......The price we value entertainment at, eh?

That said, eagerly awaiting to dispense .50cal headache tablets, one tablet at a time!

:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I dont know whethere to buy this on XBOX or PC perhaps someone can help.

I missed BF1942 but got into the Original Vietnam on PC and I was so impressed, flying the hueys and planes and all that was great fun. Im pretty sure there was a big community where DICE appeared from but I remember having Howitzers and M1A2s I cant remember the names but at the time it was like the Flashpoint Community (can anyone correct / remind my thinking??)

I went to BF2 again om PC and played that for a bit and the spec ops, but then I moved onto Americas Army. I kept my PC for flight sims and strategy and got a console cos most of my mates had them so we could play soccer on line and FPS games.

Got all the COD, MW and then I got Bad Company and the Vietnam expansion getting excited to relive the music and fun of the original Vietnam - it wasnt even close, not jets, no helo's winching APCs no tunnels. Was this becasue it was the XBOX version? And as I never played MW or COD on PC I dont know what they were like to compare.

So now Ive got a new rig that will run this no problems, I dont know whether to get BF3 on XBOX or PC?

What are the differences in gameplay??

Thoughts??

Anyone play both console and PC like me?

Edited by Mr_Burns

not jets, no helo's winching APCs no tunnels.

The original Battlefield Vietnam was my favorite BF game, for reasons including the ones you stated above. Player operated artillery was a great feature too, especially the deployable mortar. Back then people played the game just because it was fun, not for rankings, achievements, or unlocks. These days I don't know if people can have fun without imaginary cake rewards anymore.

Unfortunately (aside from BF2:Modern Combat) the game is not watered down just for console versions. EA is prioritizing consoles (for obvious reasons), so PC will always come last. The vaporware PC version of BF:1943 (that they quietly cancelled but still advertise), and nonexistent PC BF:BC1 should be enough evidence of this. So unless you have a strong preference for the mouse+keyboard configuration like I do, I would say the experience on either console or PC version of BF:3 should be about the same.

(Actually the reason BFBC was console exclusive is because the developers, at that time, held the belief that consoles and PCs were such different platforms that games should only be developed for one or the other or else the port would diminish the quality. They said that there would also be another PC exclusive game at some point. No surprise that idea changed. I wonder if I can find the interview where the devs were talking about that.)

(edit again (and also parenthetical): technically BF: Heroes is "PC exclusive", but I consider that a joke)

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The original Battlefield Vietnam was my favorite BF game, for reasons including the ones you stated above. Player operated artillery was a great feature too, especially the deployable mortar. Back then people played the game just because it was fun, not for rankings, achievements, or unlocks. These days I don't know if people can have fun without imaginary cake rewards anymore.

So I guess your saying that since the time of BF Vietnam, both the PC and Console versions are pretty much the same now and listening to Edwin Starr whilst flying a huey full of grunts onto an island or raking colums of men with cannons or napalm are gone...

I was so dissapointed with Bad Company Vietnam compared to the original.

Oh also, for reasons obvious I do play the Arma series on PC only for the more realistic shooter although I still havnt been able to put my finger on why none of them seem to compare to flashpoint. Perhaps its like the Rocky films (ummmmmmmm).

Edited by Mr_Burns

Basically, BFBC2V2 was not a sequel to BFV, it was just a microgame for some quick cash, so its really not even representative of what you should expect from BF3, which is a much deeper game with more content. You won't get the exact same experience that you got from classic Battlefield though.

The problem with having a favorite game in any series, is generally no game will ever live up to your impression of that game again. I know most people would think I was crazy for calling the old Battlefield Vietnam the best in the series. But I will swear by it.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure if this has been posted yet: A10s! Very unrealistic but looks very fun nonetheless.

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.