DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

Cibit's second link needs the last paren added.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.2.10xxx was mostly for the release of the Dora. EDGE will be in 2.0.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

DCS don't make maps ? Why ?

I wonder ...Why the DCS does not make maps?

Did the F-86 Sabre, because now don't make a Mig -15 and a map of Korea?

Please explain to me why do aircraft of all types and all so they can fly within the same map of the Mediterranean, this map there is seat for 15 years approximately ...

That in my point of view and demotivating.

Please answer what this is all about!?

Please explain to me why do aircraft of all types and all so they can fly within the same map of the Mediterranean, this map there is seat for 15 years approximately ...

Waiting for EDGE which will allow people to make maps.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

You've been registered on these forums since 2010 and you are still asking this question?

No longer active in DCS...

DCS EDGE + MAP SDK Supporter

How much time to EDEG release ? 2 years ? WAHt you think ?

Hi M8, Well I read they are close!

Although its all code related they are now in the process of updating the main code with all the new GFX engine and treats. It could mean longer due to issues found and rectified beta testing and what not that still needs to be done. I mean can you imagine it can be allot of fun being a game developer but to introduce new code and rebuild an entire GFX engine and database and getting it to work like a swiss watch without problem (BUGS + Code Errors) is like producing water from a white cloud...... LoL

So having read they are close to release does not mean they might not run into some issue that slows them down again maybe less than 12 months just a shot in the dark is my guess.

But if what I have read so far is accurate then EDGE and NTR should really liven things up especially the DCS F-18E with Carrier Ops .....Yippy! :smilewink: :thumbup:

Look it here wooweee.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3OHn8aXHQ :thumbup:

The celebrations will soon begin...sssshhhh!

Cheers,

:beer:

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Note: these were recorded in the Terrain Editor Application if I remember Correctly, not actually in the Game.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You've been registered on these forums since 2010 and you are still asking this question?

Sorry but I had not read anything about it, until yesterday

Hi M8, Well I read they are close!

Although its all code related they are now in the process of updating the main code with all the new GFX engine and treats. It could mean longer due to issues found and rectified beta testing and what not that still needs to be done. I mean can you imagine it can be allot of fun being a game developer but to introduce new code and rebuild an entire GFX engine and database and getting it to work like a swiss watch without problem (BUGS + Code Errors) is like producing water from a white cloud...... LoL

So having read they are close to release does not mean they might not run into some issue that slows them down again maybe less than 12 months just a shot in the dark is my guess.

But if what I have read so far is accurate then EDGE and NTR should really liven things up especially the DCS F-18E with Carrier Ops .....Yippy! smilewink.gif thumbup.gif

Look it here wooweee.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3OHn8aXHQ thumbup.gif

The celebrations will soon begin...sssshhhh!

Cheers,

drinks_cheers.gif

Thank you very much for your reply

Edited by jetherjr

People get out of home, touch flowers, smell them. Go for bike, take your girlfriend out for dinner....

when mysterious EDGE will be ready, then it will, if not who cares :P

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Will edge have tessellation and proper AA?

Thanks0

Tessellation - we don't know, at least I don't remember seeing it anywhere on feature list. But I do remember seeing tessellation in one of those videos from commercial sim usage of EDGE...

Proper AA - what does that mean? DCS already has MSAA/CSAA and even TSSAA

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

DCS World 2.0.0

Can ED give us some news about 2.0.0 ?

I'm waiting now over two years for the Nevada Map and nothing! And now the same with EDGE. Can you tell us were are we now and how long we must wait before it comes out?

This is like waiting for a new book from the Song of ice and fire series. It takes so long with no news of release date that you start to think if the autor will ever finish it before he will die.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.