DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

c0ff has since updated the meaning of EDGE to "Eagle Dynamics' Greatest engine Evar"

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1670394&postcount=589

haha

I Like Epic Dirt Generating Engine!

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some quotes that has to be recalled,...

As has been stated several times before, the map itself is almost done. The long delay is due to development of a new rendering engine that is capable of rending the this map and its very high level of detail at acceptable frame rates. Developing a new rendering engine is a very long and complex matter. There have also been some delays due to some changes in staffing and the team having to work on some other projects in parallel. When there is new news, there will be an announcement. At this time, given the work on the engine, it is not even possible to run the map to take screen shots.

A few items to reiterate:

1- Much of the Nevada map is done, but aspects of it could certainly change between now and release.

2- The original effort was done by a third party, but for various reasons, that effort did not work out and the Eagle team basically had to re-start it from scratch.

3- Due to the massive number of ground objects, elevation mesh detail, and texture sizes, a new image generator (IG) had to to be created in order to run it at more than single digit frame rates. Creating a new IG is a huge undertaking and it takes a lot of time. More so than anything else, this has been the reason behind the delay.

4- There has been no change in our plan to make this map available for free to those that purchased the A-10C beta.

5- Given the nature of the map, I would imagine that most missions will revolve around training, but certainly large Red Flag type campaigns are also possible.

6- We have no ETA at this time.

When there is a change to any of the above, there will be official news of it.

Edited by Cedaway
error in edit

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

it wont let me give rep to your post..

But thanks for finding all the info from Wags and posting it for people to see.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I think PhysX would be too polarising as it would exclude a large chunk of the market who don't have PsysX hardware.

PhysX 3 can run on the CPU, you're not locked into an Nvidia GPU to utilise it... at least this is how I understand it from the Arma 3 perspective. Naturally there is a cost to the CPU in doing this...

PhysX 3 can run on the CPU, you're not locked into an Nvidia GPU to utilise it... at least this is how I understand it from the Arma 3 perspective. Naturally there is a cost to the CPU in doing this...

thats is true you can infact run physics through the CPU if your GPU doesnt support it..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I say throw us a bone, let us see some kind of update..... :joystick:

lol Im in EL Centro Mike! Hello over there! :thumbup: are you ready for the 120 degree days?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hey Mastiff! Yes I am, I am done with the cold!

hey when you guys are flying those drones over the range at NAF look over here at

32.82004,-115.79036 thats where I work. I think you guys fly out there every so often. I know I see the Hawks and the FA18 fly by about 500 feet over us sometimes, their curious. :pilotfly:

Edited by Mastiff

hey when you guys are flying those drones over the range at NAF look over here at

32.82004,-115.79036 thats where I work. I think you guys fly out there every so often. I know I see the Hawks and the FA18 fly by about 500 feet over us sometimes, their curious. :pilotfly:

The state prison at the end of Brown road? :music_whistling:

The state prison at the end of Brown road? :music_whistling:

yea see if you can see me or shoot me a pic lol

I have buddy that works in the NAF Tower ask him to give you cleance. Tell him who its for and where, he'll kinda of know who I'am, he used to work with me.

Training purposes ya know.

see if ya can shoot me a pic, no big deal if ya cant get over there.

Edited by Mastiff

In the coming weeks I will also have information and images that I can share regarding the status of the Nevada map, discuss more about EDGE features, and fill you in on other future maps that are already in work or planned.

Thanks,

Matt

______

I wonder if the new engine will make the earth round instead of Flat. That would be great for longer missions, higher altitudes right?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

now everyone will fight over the definition of, time frame and declaration of the term WEEKS.

now everyone will fight over the definition of, time frame and declaration of the term WEEKS.

What we talking about here? Falcon weeks, steam weeks, DCS weeks or god forbid....real weeks. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I wonder if the new engine will make the earth round instead of Flat. That would be great for longer missions, higher altitudes right?

Would this make such a difference? Well, i know in real life you have to fly a slightly longer distance if you fly high instead of low, however, you can fly faster since the drag is much lower and your engines save a lot of fuel. In DCS, you get all the advantages and disadvantages except of the slightly longer range.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would this make such a difference?

Yes, there are all kinds of distortion effects happening towards the edges of the current map due to curvature of earth not being modelled.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!