• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

ED can simulate everything (and should be simulating longbow apache too) if they can simulate the F-35 :music_whistling:

?!??? You really don't understand the 2-seaters matter ?

It may be a big deal, or not, depending on network code mainly. We know that the network code is nice to host MP single-seaters, but we have no clue about strong dependency between 2-seaters into the same plane (the first client needs to provide the exact location for POV computing to the second one without delay or freeze). And POV must be able to be computed from data coming from another client.

Edited by galevsky06

The thing with the F-35A on the way is that there no longer is any excuse not to do a certain aircraft for any lack of info.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The thing with the F-35A on the way is that there no longer is any excuse not to do a certain aircraft for any lack of info.

Available information or the lack thereof is not the only consideration when creating a module.. There are a lot of things in the background that need to be worked out first, such as licensing, trademark / copyright issues etc.. The parent companies will defend their property and have every right to do so. Working thru that legal mire is no easy task..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I think it's about approval too.

I think now we can play Ka-50, Huey etc. because ED can take permission to simulate them. ED can't take full permission about Apache. Because Apahce is fully functional today.

You can say that ED can simulate a lower model of Apahce. But personally I don't want to play very basic model of Apahce. Yea I now, may be that means I'll have to wait ~20 years to play Longbow.

I think I have a dilemma here. :P

That's a Pretty bold/wide assumption. It has nothing to do with Active Duty, Reserves, or Retired Airframes.

The A-10C and F-15C are both Active Duty today, at least for the time being.

(though DCS A-10C is several Avionics Suites behind the real counterpart, I Imagine that DCS:F-15C would be the same, Along with DCS SU-27 etc)

For Marketing and Control Purposes, ED Prolly would have to Get a License/Approval from DoD/Manufacturer/Etc (i.e. Boeing).

That's it (well simply put at least, it's prolly a lot more paperwork involved than I can accurately assume)

For 3rd Parties, (ie, me and joe schmoe), can build a 3d Pit and code it for Free as a Hobby and release it for free without hassle, Boeing isnt one of the groups that like to restrict use of their aircraft AFAIK, (ie Like Lockheed and Bell-Textron)

However, Most of the Cockpit systems, are still classified, so without an actual Maintenance manuals and several sources of information the systems wouldn't be anywhere near accurate.

That's where the Contract benefits come in, as sometimes they would provide privileged information to ensure a more accurate representation of the product.

We are getting an Early AH-1 Cobra, When DCS First Opened up to 3rd Parties, it seems like everyone is doing the same path:

1. Build Up a Trainer Jet.

Trainers are usually Smaller Aircraft, with less complicated systems to code, and less of them. Development Teams can Use the trainer as A transition/learning platform for the DCS Engine and Coding before moving onto more complicated aircraft.

2. Build an Early Era Jet

Building an Aircraft from the Earlier Era allows for more information to be available as the Aircraft is likely no longer Classified, manuals for systems are generally easily obtainable. The Systems are more complicated than a trainer aircraft, and there will be more of them.

3. Build an Modern Era Jet

Building a Modern Era jet it prolly the most difficult. Most of the Data is classified, Manuals are harder to find, outside of Simplified/stripped down NATOPs Manuals. Systems are TONS more complex, and there are more of them.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There is a guy calling himself Flexman, that I have been following with great interest over a few years now. He is making a pretty damn realistic AH64D Apache Longbow Simulator.

He is as far as I can tell very meticulous about the details of the Avionics and Flight Characteristic for example.

It also seems he is planning on making it two human player capable, so finally we can enjoy that in a Simulator. I for one have been craving for that as far as I can remember. :pilotfly:

He have done some pretty neat things so far with he's very small team.

Anyways check he's progress out here at this blog:

COMBAT-HELO Dev Blog

Also check out this simple website of he's, for more info about the Simulator:

COMBAT-HELO

My grand wish is still for ED to make my favorite Helo though. :smilewink:

/Krycek

= CAD = Krycek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I try to save a life a day. Usually it's my own!

But ED is not doing an F-35. To me that is an important distinction.

And my take is that if ED signs off on a module being at ED's sophistication level (same level as DCS A-10 ) as they have said the F35 will be, that is good enough for me. ED is in the business of making money by providing excellent simulations and they are going to make certain that a module is uo to their standards... I point at the excellent HUEY as an example..

It is NOT in their best interests to oversell a third party module..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I was in a virtual squadron with Flexman back in the Longbow 2 days. 404th KamiKali. Great guy, very talented. He has my support, that's for sure.

Cool.

Yeah he seem very talented indeed. :)

= CAD = Krycek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I try to save a life a day. Usually it's my own!

I was in a virtual squadron with Flexman back in the Longbow 2 days. 404th KamiKali. Great guy, very talented. He has my support, that's for sure.

Sad that hes not doing it for DCS:(

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

I think the 64A would fit in better with current and near future attack helicopters in DCS world. The A is optical targetting which would give a better "even" battle field in multiplayer.

Also if the KA-50 engages the AH-64A in a Toe to Toe knife fight then the A will have better power to weight ratio and stand a better chance of survival. The D is too heavy..... unless of course they model the WAH-64D which as we all know has the more powerfull Rolls Royce Engines!

Hmmmmm.... would a Westland 64D be the ticket?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I think the 64A would fit in better with current and near future attack helicopters in DCS world. The A is optical targetting which would give a better "even" battle field in multiplayer.

Also if the KA-50 engages the AH-64A in a Toe to Toe knife fight then the A will have better power to weight ratio and stand a better chance of survival. The D is too heavy..... unless of course they model the WAH-64D which as we all know has the more powerfull Rolls Royce Engines!

Hmmmmm.... would a Westland 64D be the ticket?

Yes we did put better engines in ours but not a new gear box.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I think a really.... I mean real twitchy, highly manoeuvrable helicopter would be a blast in this game (battle capable of course).

Hopefully we will have the BO 105 but would we need something even lighter, even twitchier?

The MD 500 would be my first guess or is there something better or does the BO 105 give me all this?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yes we did put better engines in ours but not a new gear box.

That means slowly slowly on the power I guess.:huh:

I think the obsolete(but effective(but I can't even say that because it hasn't seen combat)) Rooivalk would be my choice. However, if I could fly any helicopter I wanted it would be the AH-1Z

Bell+AH-1Z+Viper+(2).jpg

Edited by justo(c)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Schweizer 300 or Robinson R-22. Those are the shit!

Or maybe if those are too hardcore.... Apache Longbow.

I would buy a dcs level sim of the r22 in a second...would help ALOT with my real life flight training...and for fun we could strap rocket pods to it or something... it could work as a recon bird maybe? :pilotfly:

AH-1 Cobra/SuperCobra sounds more reasonable. ED has plenty of projects to work on right now, though, so I don't see it happening unless a third party wants to jump in.

Edited by justo(c)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would love to see the Longbow done. I know it would be beyond the BS. I think one of the challenges was the radar, but hopefully with the F18 being done, some of that will be addressed.

I wonder if data-linking is possible through them all.

• Like 1

I would love to see the Longbow done. I know it would be beyond the BS. I think one of the challenges was the radar, but hopefully with the F18 being done, some of that will be addressed.

I wonder if data-linking is possible through them all.

Second that. Plus I think it would be really cool to fly a multi crew position attack aircraft. Flying around while a buddy works the weapons, just too much potential for fun there