DTAC Terrain Development

rockwelder

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks brilliant , but Im not sure if flying at 300 kts , you need that much detail .

not for flying, it's for those poor bastards down there playing CA.

Dont knock it,

I know a few KA-50 pilots that would like some detailed terrain to blow dust over in that flying egg whisk. :music_whistling:

And getting blade collision is a dream we all had, ED fans..

Very possibly, I have little idea of what is actually required.

Note:- Collide-able trees could very well break CA if units can't route around them.

Nate

See, they are in command of the problem. :thumbup:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update: I asked Matt to send off a friendly request to the ED team to provide me with the original forest models so I could scale size my new forests properly... I am awaiting a response.

The forests are different size triangle shapes that fit together to make a forest over shaped terrain.

On hold for now.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok, it has been some time for this project. I asked for the the forest models and a tool to access the town and city block trees but ED did not respond ( Matt asked on my behalf, so thank you Matt for doing this for me). I have however modified my tree textures to apply to the old tree models with all the old issues of symmetry, stretching and LOS issues. If ED gives me the models and access to the city blocks I will continue..In the mean time I will post the tree textures with all seasons.

Question to the knowledgeable? what would be the cleanest way of installing the season textures without messing some ones install?

Screenshots coming up...

Edited by rockwelder

thanks for doing this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks,

looks great. Trying to install.

S!

1. Place the corresponding season tree texture in your temp textures folder for the season of mission you are playing. Delete this file to uninstall.

Would you be so kind to explain me please how to do this or where to put?

Edited by LcSummers

Hi,

I have encounterd one strange thing on my pc.

Trees are installed but around every tree is a "cross shaped" grass formation.

Any idea?

LC

I agree the grass at the bases of the trees should be removed for now if possible, they have that odd look like you say and are really unnecessary since we already have grass clutter available in DCS.

Also the winter tree textures look a little too dark for my taste, if they could be tuned to look brighter (frosty or snow covered) they'd look much nicer - still these are very good looking and I would definitely use these textures if they get tweaked more :)

Thanks for mod DTAC Terrain Development Textures. Now playing in DCS CA much nicer :thumbup:

how I can get the mod "camo tent" ? :)

Thx.

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Thanks,

looks great. Trying to install.

S!

1. Place the corresponding season tree texture in your temp textures folder for the season of mission you are playing. Delete this file to uninstall.

Would you be so kind to explain me please how to do this or where to put?

Location is C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\TempTextures

The season tree file you place here will override all other season trees. Example: If you place the fall tree texture in the above location, winter, summer and spring will all have the fall texture. This is a poky way to do it but easy to install and uninstall.

Thanks for mod DTAC Terrain Development Textures. Now playing in DCS CA much nicer :thumbup:

how I can get the mod "camo tent" ? :)

Thx.

The camo tent was pretty much done and I gave it to diveplane to figure out how to get it in game easily... I have PM'd him but I have been away for a bit and so is he I think.

I was working on a airfield generator run light as well...