What exactly is this?

Did I get this correctly? With combined Arms we get a complete battlefield, where I fly my A-10C exactly like it is in Warthog, can bomb an AI target marked by a ground unit, steered by my friend while another friend is playing commander of the enemy ground forces?

If yes, this is what I have ever dreamed of...

edit:

What is DCS: World then?

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Did I get this correctly? With combined Arms we get a complete battlefield, where I fly my A-10C exactly like it is in Warthog, can bomb an AI target marked by a ground unit, steered by my friend while another friend is playing commander of the enemy ground forces?

Correct.

Oh yes, you forgot the part where, just before you release said bomb, another friend in a Tunguska completely ruins your day by chasing a coupla missiles up your tail-pipe :D

edit:

DCS World is the core install needed whereto your A-10C module and your CA module is installed to.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

DCS world is the core in which the module i.e. DCS-CA,DCS A-10C etc, or whatever thirdparty addon integrates.

So: D/L the core and bye a module and we will all be together online. :thumbup:

well..

What he said ^^^

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

think of DCS:World a being the large files and game engine, and then all the different addons (CA, A10c, KA50, P51,Su25T) use the DCS World files to work.

Other names could be DCS:Core....or perhaps just DCS...

*edit*

^^ also what he said!

• Like 1

So I need DCS World as the Core Product and I can add my Warthog, my Black Shark, my Mustang (think I will skip that one) and my Combined Arms to that Core... I think now I understand how this will work.

This is just...wow...someone please wake me up, I must be dreaming...

This is what I dreamed of since I played the dynamic campaign in Falcon 4.0..and now it gets real..

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

edit:

Correct, seems exactly like that...

DCS: World is - what's in the name - the environment "World" these Sims plug-into. DCS: World is the Framework with the Caucasus/ Georgia Map the AI, the Mission-Editor, the Vehicles, ships and planes, coming with a free FC2-fidelity SU-25T to try it out on your rig.

Then you may decide if you would like a A-10C or a KA-50 or whatever is next, to fly and enjoy personally. No need to buy the KA-50 if you don't fly it. Still others in online Multiplayer can join a mission you fly with the A-10C and support you.

With DCS:Combined Arms we get a module players may go and "simulate" the ABCCC role by "only" commanding ground units on the map and airplanes via TeamSpeak, others may join as JTAC on the ground and - as far as I understood - with Fog of War coming, will be able to scout ahead and identify enemy units and engage them as JTAC, or even with an more arcade like "TankCommander" view.

First time in DCS you may also take over IR SAMS/AAA like the Tunguska and lure your buddies into a nice trap (engaging last moment when they least expect, and can't evade easily) :D

EDIT: multiple snipes here...:gun_sniper: :crazy:

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So I need DCS World as the Core Product and I can add my Warthog, my Black Shark, my Mustang (think I will skip that one) and my Combined Arms to that Core... I think now I understand how this will work.

This is what I dreamed of since I played the dynamic campaign in Falcon 4.0..and now it gets real..

Actually, it's even better.

DCS:World also adds 3rd party development opportunities (announced products are MiG-21Bis, F-15E, F-14D, and F-22A), as well as a much stronger modding system where you don't have to "replace" aircraft to add the classic freeware mods - so for example, if you want to fly the Gripen mod Tigrou made, you no longer have to replace a flyable. Just add it. :)

Obviously, this hasn't happened overnight. Just think of all the times in various discussion threads me and others have said "ED is working in this direction" etcetera. This is just the culmination of years of hard work at the ED offices, and I agree it's absolutely awesome to see it getting "real". :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

this is that:

? = FC3/Next US Fixed Wing fighter/ Future Modules/ More itch to me balls!!!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Obviously, this hasn't happened overnight. Just think of all the times in various discussion threads me and others have said "ED is working in this direction" etcetera. This is just the culmination of years of hard work at the ED offices, and I agree it's absolutely awesome to see it getting "real". :)

To be honest, I currently think about all those guys that said "This will never happen", "this is not possible", and such things ;)

But you are right, such a project is a fu**ing lot of hard work, and if ED will make this happen...then everyone working for this project has earned my greatest respect.

But on the other hand exactly those third party addons is the thing I worry about a little. Who can stop me from making my own fully overpowered super-duper-plane and "own" the servers with it? Hope server admins will be able to select, which addons are allowed and which ones are not ;)

• Like 1

But on the other hand exactly those third party addons is the thing I worry about a little. Who can stop me from making my own fully overpowered super-duper-plane and "own" the servers with it? Hope server admins will be able to select, which addons are allowed and which ones are not ;)

If it's not added to the mission, it doesn't exist. ;)

Same way as with Black Shark 1 and FC2 - if you don't want F-15's murderizing your Sharks, just don't add F-15's to the mission. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Will the Tanguska/Shilka use own(client) radar for aiming ?

Not sure what you mean.

Can i catch it on RWR of the Hog/Frog ?

Radar on and transmitting in your direction = RWR goes "ping". No reason why it would be different.

Will i able to shot (H)ARMs from Su-25T to Clients ?

Why wouldn't you? Radar = ARM target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Would we be able to use the various systems' radars in order to point missiles at enemy planes?

Take the SA-10 for instance, if we could only use optical acquisition, that'd shave a fair bit off of the range, I'd think.

Will something be done with regards to this?

(I'm not expecting SAM Simulator, but it did give me a bit of a radar fetish, so I'd like something in a similar vein... but I digress)

Problems setting up switches on the HOTAS Warthog or similar?

Tutorial Here

Unfortunately I cannot comment on that Spy Guy - I can only comment on things that have been officially revealed one way or the other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Take the SA-10 for instance...

SA-10 is a Multi-Unit SAM and accordingly not player-controllable.

....except: navy, MLRS-like, multi-units SAMs and infantry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How will taking control over tanks work? Will this be a more of a simulation (Arma II level), or more of a game (Battlefield 3 like)?

Also, with drivable tanks, will we be able to go over trees, fences etc?

Will Ship control and targeting also be available?

No.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skip the Mustang? That is a sad statement for a true sim pilot.

This only leaves me still wanting the F/A 18 w/Carrier Ops...the Carl Vinson looks so very lonely sitting out there...:pilotfly:

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

How will taking control over tanks work? Will this be a more of a simulation (Arma II level), or more of a game (Battlefield 3 like)?

Also, with drivable tanks, will we be able to go over trees, fences etc?

ARMA II is not a "simulator" and surely is quiet arcade related to armoured or mechanizwd warfare.

If you want an armour simulator, try Steel Beasts Pro Pe. Less than that is just a game or arcade