Eye Candy - 3d Cockpit

Do both versions support ground attack?

Well, that all depends which version the guys make. But at the moment only Tranche 1 Block 5 are A/G Capable, and they only carry 1000lb Enhanced Paveway II and 500lb Paveway IV.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that all depends which version the guys make. But at the moment only Tranche 1 Block 5 are A/G Capable, and they only carry 1000lb Enhanced Paveway II and 500lb Paveway IV.

Thanks for the answer.

Fingers crossed for Tranche 1 Block 5 in that case.

Thanks for the answer.

Fingers crossed for Tranche 1 Block 5 in that case.

Well, I'd say Tranche 2 Block 11 P2E myself. Although not yet in service, it is pretty much the Typhoon you see online with all the bells and whistles, including brimstone and storm shadow.

While not yet in service, the upgrade is undergoing testing for integration in the fleet next year.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Well, I'd say Tranche 2 Block 11 P2E myself. Although not yet in service, it is pretty much the Typhoon you see online with all the bells and whistles, including brimstone and storm shadow.

While not yet in service, the upgrade is undergoing testing for integration in the fleet next year.

In that case I'm hoping for this one as well, brimstone is cool.

Im really waiting for this one!!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 5 months later...
I've never been a Eurofighter fan but I absolutely love the look of its cockpit! Very clean and ergonomic. Is voice control integrated in the module?

Atm we are looking at several different intergration methods for the voice activated cockpit. It also depends on what redaction terms are placed upon us. Ie what we are allowed to reveal by simulating it :) So you may get voice commands but they may not be the same ones are the real jet :)

Good luck VEAO.

This is now the only modern jet that is actively being made for DCS. :(

All our hopes rest on you now.

We will have some more stuff to share on Typhoon in the coming months but with the remodel being done and alot of coding in progress there isnt alot new to show yet :p

Pman

Yeah I can't wait to fly this one. I read an article a while back from an F-18 pilot on exchange flying RAF Typhoons. He said even to him as an experienced fast jet pilot the Typhoon was scarily powerful when you light the burners for the first time! Try to make the sound just as powerful as the bird please Pman ;)

Bring it on...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

would be nice if you can make that configurable, so that we can "fix" that ; )

I don't see how they could do that really, either you have the system functionality to command certain functions or you don't.

We're not talking simple single button presses that are just duplicated (in many cases) but pretty complex functions such as targeting and other similar stuff. Of course I'm sure the stuff that is shown in publicly available videos such as calling up fuel/engine/hyd formats on the MHDDs will be there.

Besides 99% of people won't have a clue what's missing anyway, and there will be quite a lot missing I think.

Spoiler

I have to say I think the typhoon is beautiful its lines are perfect. Its like a modern day spitfire.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Actually reading more news it seems a Saudi pilot died in another crash in Spain.

Indeed. A Saudi trainee was killed in 2010, the back seat instructor ejected safely.

does this mean 3 separate crashes for the Typhoon all in Spain?

Only 2, today's and one in 2010. But yes, both in Spain.

Spoiler

Atm we are looking at several different intergration methods for the voice activated cockpit.

The easiest way would proably be to have just some (easily reachable) keyboard commands under a category "voice controlled". And if someone really wants to actually talk to their plane, they could install VAC or similar software.

3 Typhoons crashed so far all in Spain:

On 21 November 2002, the Spanish twin-seat Eurofighter prototype DA-6 crashed due to a double engine*flameout*caused by surges of the two engines at 45,000*ft. The two crew members escaped unhurt and the aircraft crashed in a military test range nearToledo, some 70 miles (110*km) from its base at*Getafe.[

3 Typhoons crashed so far all in Spain:

On 21 November 2002, the Spanish twin-seat Eurofighter prototype DA-6 crashed due to a double engine*flameout*caused by surges of the two engines at 45,000*ft. The two crew members escaped unhurt and the aircraft crashed in a military test range nearToledo, some 70 miles (110*km) from its base at*Getafe.[

And today another :/