Big Complaint!

I installed DCS World and all the modules and my FPS jumped up about 40 percent. Nobody told me about this. I have my exports and HELIOS working. Nobody told me it would be this easy. Flying Blackshark2 in DCS World is like being a kid on Christmas morning. Again nobody told me about this.

So here is my beef. My face hurts from smiling for hours last night. I am at work and all I can think about is getting back home to fly some more. I did not get a headache configuring all my stuff. Is it really going to be this simple from now on?

What have you done DCS?

Seriously, great job and this exceeds my expectations in every way.

Thank you!

So here is my beef. My face hurts from smiling for hours last night.....

I'm sure there's a Tor-driver out there that can help you with that....will wipe it right off with a 9M331 :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

They probably had debug code installed and removed it. Good to hear the improvement.

I hope we start seeing more population in world now that the regular version is out.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I installed DCS World and all the modules and my FPS jumped up about 40 percent. Nobody told me about this. I have my exports and HELIOS working. Nobody told me it would be this easy. Flying Blackshark2 in DCS World is like being a kid on Christmas morning. Again nobody told me about this.

So here is my beef. My face hurts from smiling for hours last night. I am at work and all I can think about is getting back home to fly some more. I did not get a headache configuring all my stuff. Is it really going to be this simple from now on?

What have you done DCS?

Seriously, great job and this exceeds my expectations in every way.

Thank you!

Have to agree... where's the fun in not having to spend hours making it all work again!!!!!

But how's ET going to handle this with the self guiding banraams? :(

They throw me in front of them when they misfire..........:music_whistling:

:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

.... I did not get a headache configuring all my stuff. Is it really going to be this simple from now on?

Eagle Dynamics would like to apologise and would make it near impossible for you in the future to configure your stuff the 1st time round...:thumbup:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I came here with the banhammer and had to leave again disappointed.

We can fix that :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I did not get a headache configuring all my stuff. Is it really going to be this simple from now on?

You mean I don't have to edit lua files to get visibility ranges adjusted for multi monitor use and no lua files to edit to get all radio commands and resource windows etc to the center screen etc.?

Like a simulator should handle it?

Sounds awesome! Will try it tonight! :)

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Worked for me. :D

Finally got around to installing DCS World and configure with Helios.

All back to normal now, but I don't see any increase in Frame Rate that some posted of.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

I installed DCS World and all the modules and my FPS jumped up about 40 percent.

I haven't noticed that much a performance increase, except on the ground I am now getting 40+ fps at Kobuleti. In the air it's about the same for me (Sitting Ducks is what I use to benchmark), though I haven't tried tweaking 'preload distance' yet. It's at max where it defaulted itself.

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Worked for me. :D

Finally got around to installing DCS World and configure with Helios.

All back to normal now, but I don't see any increase in Frame Rate that some posted of.

Probably bc your video memory is at its peak now with helios :)

do u use softTH to run fullscreen? that boosts FPS!

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

OK, so 'preload radius' makes no difference but I am now running with scenes high (was med) and I think I've seen a few fps improvement!! Must be my eyes, it's late in UK

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Just flew in DCSW for the first time and it's absolutely an amazing feeling.

any tips on how to use the TIR ? I have updated it.

Also I can't hear the sound in DCSW, works in FC2, everywhere but not in DCSW. Have checked all sound options.

EDIT : fixed.

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Excellent, i was waiting for some time now to jump into dcs world, but waited that it get's out of beta. Hearing that it runns like butter m-m-makes m-m-me haaappy

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Not to be the negative nancy, but my FPS jumped up too, just not above 40 FPS. More like from 20 FPS to ~35 max *sigh*. And the sad thing as well is that I have an excellent system, 12 gig ram, 3.4 ghz i7, HD 6770. Still jumped, though, and it is noticeable. I honestly am going to convert to Wicca, because the only explanation for my stuff is a curse, congrats for the 40+ FPS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds very promising. I only finished d'nloading last night and will do the install this arvo after work. Just got to get through the next 5+ hours .. *sighs*

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!