DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

I am a low and slow ground pounder at heart so choppers and attack A/C are my favourites.

:thumbup: Likewise. Pure fighters were never my thing.

Anyway, any chance of the Gazelle being released by Friday this week? Just asking because I'm certain she'll go fine with my Friday brewskis... :music_whistling:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love my string!

Looks like it has nice responsive roll and pitch.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

So will today be the day....................

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

As I have said elsewhere......Take my money!!!!! Im developing an unhealthy attachment to helicopters in DCS, and this needs to be in my hangar. Please? Cherry on top? :D

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

I'd love to see this released today.

After what happened with the M2000C release I think they are playing it quiet this time and not giving much away as to current progress and release dates to keep hype down. When it does drop it will be sudden and unannounced before hand.

Time will tell........

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Funny that no one has mentioned the possibility of a preorder period. Do we think ED have stopped the use of preorders for new third party devs?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Most releases have an announcement about a week or two before release, because they have to give their files to Eagle Dynamics for testing and for building the installer. So even they do make an announcement it most likely won't be release for a week or more after the announcement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Most releases have an announcement about a week or two before release, because they have to give their files to Eagle Dynamics for testing and for building the installer. So even they do make an announcement it most likely won't be release for a week or more after the announcement.

I remember when the M2000C released, Razbam released info that the completed module had been sent to ED for proof testing and the forums erupted. It was like a week later when it was finally ready for release.

This time my bet is on no release of info at all, to avoid the hype explosion on the forums. The word will just come from ED as a post announcing the release of the module, together with a link to the store and an update to 1.5 and 2.0 to update both releases with the Gazelle files.

Polychop will then start talking to us again, but until ED give their blessing and release it......it will remain firmly under wraps.

EDIT

Well, looks like no gazelle this week guys, the new A10C training campaign looks good though.....

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I remember when the M2000C released, Razbam released info that the completed module had been sent to ED for proof testing and the forums erupted. It was like a week later when it was finally ready for release.

This time my bet is on no release of info at all, to avoid the hype explosion on the forums. The word will just come from ED as a post announcing the release of the module, together with a link to the store and an update to 1.5 and 2.0 to update both releases with the Gazelle files.

Polychop will then start talking to us again, but until ED give their blessing and release it......it will remain firmly under wraps.

EDIT

Well, looks like no gazelle this week guys, the new A10C training campaign looks good though.....

Ah yes, I didn't consider that they might be keeping it a secret to avoid the forum explosions :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

I will have zero patience when I am down loading this module.... ZERO.

Polychops need to have a good spool up vid slug posted pre release! Enough to get us airborne fast and to know our stabs switches.

Finally a lightweight comes knocking on the DCS door... I am calm... I can wait. I can.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

This is pretty mucht the opposite of good marketing.

YOU want to create a hype. YOU want the people to be on the edge. YOU want to build up tension.

Because a hype is excellent marketing. People will talk about the upcoming release everywhere, including here, other forums, reddit, Facebook and Youtube.

Look at the big companies like Apple, Samsung, all brands of car manufactures and other big companies. Creating a hype for their product is one of the most succesfull marketing strategies.

So I highly doubt an unanounced release. Heck, I don't even think we are that close. There just hasen't been enough teasing yet. I believe we will see a couple more videos (either by them and/or other content creators) and other news updates before we get even remotely close to a release. I wouldn't even be suprised if there is a presale first.

And don't get me wrong, I am as excited as everyone else on here. The sings are just not there yet unfortunatly. And I highly doubt Polychop is using another marketing strategy than everyone else.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

This is an European project... it may even be heavily German influenced.

It will be a point blank release with a statement of "perfect" at release.. and then all teething problems will become reality as usual....

Lets spool up people!

Look at the big companies like Apple, [...]

Wait, doesn't Apple tend to "forget" prototypes in restaurants frequently visited by tech-savvy journalists and then sue those who dared to not only find, but also report about them?

In that case... hey, Polychop, if you happened to accidentally leave a pre-release Gazelle DVD and I found it, I promise I'll enjoy flying the chopper and not make my findings public! :lol:

Edited by Yurgon

Yes we announced it for Q1 -> so stay tuned ;)

Seems like it isn't far off. I expect some sort of announcement prior to release but they may not bother with a pre-order. Honestly, developers lose money on pre-orders if they have a good product. Pre-orders only make sense if you know you're releasing a bad product (so people buy before it gets reviewed). If your product is good, you just lose potential income from the obligatory discount. This is a general rule, I'm not making any statements about other DCS products.

This is pretty mucht the opposite of good marketing.

YOU want to create a hype. YOU want the people to be on the edge. YOU want to build up tension.

Because a hype is excellent marketing. People will talk about the upcoming release everywhere, including here, other forums, reddit, Facebook and Youtube.

Look at the big companies like Apple, Samsung, all brands of car manufactures and other big companies. Creating a hype for their product is one of the most succesfull marketing strategies.

So I highly doubt an unanounced release. Heck, I don't even think we are that close. There just hasen't been enough teasing yet. I believe we will see a couple more videos (either by them and/or other content creators) and other news updates before we get even remotely close to a release. I wouldn't even be suprised if there is a presale first.

And don't get me wrong, I am as excited as everyone else on here. The sings are just not there yet unfortunatly. And I highly doubt Polychop is using another marketing strategy than everyone else.

You think too american. :D

Walmart learned the hard way that german "customer relations" are different than what's customary in the US...

YOU may like big hype shows and announcements for marketing.

WE most often smile seeing disco music driven lightshow announcements from Cupertino that "look so casual", but are obviously planned down to each individual word, to manipulate the audience.

WE can take it as typically american, but if a german company is trying this here, or an american company is porting their customary customer relations behavior into a shop here... Well, you smile politely and watch for manipulation, hidden agendas and pricing strategies. ;)

What is pretty normal in the US isn't necessarily normal in Europe, especially Germany.

If you've been to both countries, you see how both match their audience.

To prevent any nit picking, I'm not saying the one or the other is the better way!

Just that there are indeed slight differences across the pond, that you need to be aware of.

Both have their pros and cons... :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)