DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see cockpit progress. If you're interested in critiques, I think you could use a higher polygon count in your modeling, and the pilot definitely needs more detail. Better/more detailed textures will help too. Keep it up! :)

Things are not as far as one could think.

All you can see are basic shapes that allow me to work on the gauges and systems.

I'll have to completely rework the models (external and internal) later. The textures are basic too, I made them on my own just to work on the mapping, they actually are not what I'd want to release. I hope a talented texture artist will help me at the end of the project.

At this moment the collision model is not done (done just to the model to stay on the ground) and the damage parts are not done at all.

More important, I still use the ka50.dll and its cockpit.dll, for the flight model and the systems.

It only allows me to design the gauges and systems.

I hope I'll be able to use custom dlls, and then I'll have to rework everything.

At this time I didn't success in creating a dll working with helicopter.

Pat.

• 2 weeks later...

Great work. :) Hope to see this one flyable in the future. Continue the amazing job. Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Silver Dragon,

I did them from some pictures and datas I grabbed from Google... I need more HOT3 missiles photos and datas. Hope I get some new pictures to give me a better idea.

Here are the datas I put in 3dsmax :

HOT 3 missile

150 mm diameter

1.30 m long

Wingspan 31 cm

I'm not sure they are the same version on your pics, I definitively need more docs.

Take acount, wingspan of HOT family only on flight, HOT maintaing wings plegued before fire.

See the cockpit point of view before fire HOT missile:

More images

Firing HOT 1

FrenchArmySA342MGazzellesfiresHOT.jpg

VAB with Mefisto HOT turret

HOT-vehicleMEPHISTOVAB.jpg

Kuwait Gazelle with 6 HOT missiles

KuwaitAirForceSA342KGazzellewithHOT.jpg

MBB BO-105 PAH-1 with 6 HOT

GermanArmyMBBBO105ParmedwithsixHOT.jpg

Dophing wiht 8 HOT

HOT1.jpg

Silver Dragon,

I have to re-check if i didn't make a mistake in 3dsmax.

I agree with you the tubes seem too big, It's not a big deal to resize them.

I just have to figure out the good size.

The deploying wings animation is already done. The wings are retracted inside the tubes and deployed after launch (the argbased animation works fine). At this time I'm on the launcher tube caps animation.

In fact the blueprints from which I designed the whole thing doesn't fit the vids, only the missile seems right.

My tube models are different than the ones in the vids.

yufighter, different versions are planned, recce, hot, kuwait style for playability (canon, rockets and missiles).

British and central Europe versions will be later. Lot of things are still to be done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to tease a little bit. :)

Continue great work.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

So why no actual in game footage as the sarcastic comments stated about the you tub clip.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

There's an important thing to clear here I guess.

Some of you are confused by some posts in this thread.

I'm ALONE on this project.

There's no team at all.

I have to do everything on my own and it's a big big task.

SO ... , I'll never be responsible of posts writen by others, and will never have to answer about them.

Concerning this project, the only "official" posts are mine.

Cheers.

Small update.

I build two models at the same time.

1) with the ka50 dlls for testing purposes

2) without any dll to be able to write my own code. At this time, this model is seen as a plane by the game

Last days i worked on some cockpit switches and levers, I changed the angle of the chopper at ground, and then I coded the collective pitch, the cyclic pitch and roll, the bend of the blades regarding the rotor speed, and made them in the 3d model too.

Cheers.

s1.thumb.jpg.c2157ddba57afa1570ff007db69d37c8.jpg

s2.thumb.jpg.702635cd01b5c0e7fc3eeb8584bc5936.jpg

s3.thumb.jpg.9add8dcb8fc86cf06b759ca41cffd50a.jpg

s4.thumb.jpg.938ef38ab126539ed42ad2fc7300b0d1.jpg

s5.thumb.jpg.1afec47090005849ef52375d3771ad66.jpg

s6.thumb.jpg.5371f0df9f68f412befcc29b1717344d.jpg

• Like 1